ADVERTISEMENT

North Buncombe @ Tuscola

Didn't understand why he bailed on 11 at QB so quickly, the snaps never got better with the other QB, had just as many or more fumbles, the problem was the center so why not try to make a change there, maybe they did and I didnt notice.

29-27 north wins I will hold my comments till I have a goodnights rest.

Didn't understand why he bailed on 11 at QB so quickly, the snaps never got better with the other QB, had just as many or more fumbles, the problem was the center so why not try to make a change there, maybe they did and I didnt notice.
Because certain players on the team with certain relatives that happen to be in important positions in Haywood Co. get to make decisions from the bleachers about where and when certain players are going to play and when certain players are going to play there. There's no continuity. It's the most screwed up thing I've ever seen. Tuscola got beat again last night by a team with a lot less talent. They won't win another game the rest of the year as is right now. Good as time as any to switch some things up...

Reactions: 91ths
Poorly prepared team . No way around it . No discipline/ no basic fundamentals of the game/ poor play calling(especially at end of game) need 10 yards for fg to win so let’s throw 35 yards for all the marbles./ no interaction between players and coaches on sideline just stand there with their arms crossed whole game . This has gotten way past fixing with current regime and as I have stated gonna get worse before it’s better. The principle should be ashamed of how he has let this happen under his watch. Tuscola athletics as a whole has greatly suffered because of his actions. Feel sorry for the athletes!

Poorly prepared team . No way around it . No discipline/ no basic fundamentals of the game/ poor play calling(especially at end of game) need 10 yards for fg to win so let’s throw 35 yards for all the marbles./ no interaction between players and coaches on sideline just stand there with their arms crossed whole game . This has gotten way past fixing with current regime and as I have stated gonna get worse before it’s better. The principle should be ashamed of how he has let this happen under his watch. Tuscola athletics as a whole has greatly suffered because of his actions. Feel sorry for the athletes!
Facebook is blowing up with calls for heads to roll after last night. Will it matter or will things remain the same?

Was that [Jubal] on the sideline with arms crossed doing nothing to help? The Committee was a witness.

Did [TP] and [DK] know [Jubal] was a cancer? What does [SH] coach? Problems? What was [SH] doing on the sideline? Nothing? Would have Austin Chambers done nothing?

It's all about projections for "The Committee."

Project THS football program if no house cleaning. It continues to spiral downward out of control and we watch the train wreck. Is that good for our kids?

Project THS football program if there is a complete house cleaning. Program can be revived, traditions reintroduced and rivalries won. Is that good for our kids?

But is there a deep underlying problem? When coaches like [DB], [DK] and [TP] are run off by people like [Jubal,] how can THS recruit an elite coach. Don't the coaches know THS's reputation? Damage done? Thanks [Jubal]

I hope the ‘committee’ doesn’t have their rose colored glasses on ! As a fan losing is part of the game but sheer incompetence and being unprepared by entire staff is unacceptable!! As I have stated before if I did my job to the level these buffoons did I would be fired !

Tuscola got beat again last night by a team with a lot less talent. I saw most of that game myself and I was thinking exactly the opposite. How was THS staying in this game against an obviously more talented team across the board? (especially in the line) THS may have had the single best athlete on the field last night, but it takes 11. Center snaps were a problem all night long, and combined with a total lack of a running game of any kind, THS found themselves with second third and long. Throw in the untimely penalties, I felt THS was fortunate to do as well as they did in that game. .

Last edited:
Reactions: JAC4T
Exactly right whoamule I guess that’s why we ran the ball twice on 4th downs. North’s line was bigger but better ? I don’t know? My opinion better fundamentals from our opponents. North blitzed all night how many screens we call ? 0. Do we have one? Our coach states in the paper we will run our 3or 4 plays it’s what we do well ! How many times we run a guy on field for punts kick offs xtra points ? Should we not know by now when we are supposed to be in the game? On one play our lb was looking at the sideline wanting to know what to do? They ran the play he didn’t know till the whistle blew . As for #11 he is the best player on the field and on 2 4th down plays he was standing on the sideline! Use him as a decoy the double pass was their for the taking be more creative ! Oh yea we have our 3or 4 plays we run well. How did we stay in the game ? Lol we missed a fg/ fumbled a handoff they scored/ fumbled again on first play after they kicked off inside 20/totally out of position on busted play by north qb who ran 70 yards to the 2 yard line: /safety by north on our qb totally unblocked north players. Your right how did we stay in the game?

Strange revelation? Was that really a [Misinterpretation] post Friday night at 7:12 pm, 18 minutes before kickoff?

How can that be? We guess [JR] wasn't on the field or with the team Friday night because he quit coaching at THS, right?

If we are speaking of the same person he was on the sideline(long beard)?

As many mistakes as Tuscola made, we could and probably should have won. At least 6 holding penalties, sloppy handoffs, bad snaps, kids lining up wrong, etc.... and we were still in the game. Hard to believe we could have been 4-1 in the conference. Hate to say it, but mountain football is pretty bad this year. Only about 3-4 teams that will make some noise in the playoffs.
Cletus, JR was on the sideline Friday night even though he resigned a day or two before the game. He is taking an assistant principal job at Smoky.

Sometimes you should really think before you post. Bless your heart....

Well its painfully obvious he can't do it at Tuscola. I thought about that before I made this post. Now you're thinking about it too!

giphy.gif

Nueman, that is being too nice. No energy, dumbass decisions, no discipline, and getting out coached by the worst coach in Tuscola history. Go watch youth league ball, the coaches are far more talented. Not a personal attack on the Coach’s or their families, I hate it for them, they are just not good at their jobs. Why the Principal and AD tolerates this is embarrassing, wait, they are all in it together.
Worst coach in Tuscola history? I think you’re witnessing that unfold before your eyes this season.

Reactions: RealityRulz
I would like to know what coach could turn Tuscola back into a power or even competitive? In a community with what seems to me as an obvious lack of athleticism, how do you make a 180? Since coaching is the "obvious" issue and not lack of "dudes". I do understand the fact that some coaches are better than others but running a vehicle on an empty tank is a tough proposition. Please enlighten...

I don't know if anyone has the answer of which coach but it has to be someone able to change the mindset and atmosphere of the program, and a coach who will put parents in their place and keep that noise out. Its not always about the "dudes", there are plenty of examples of coaches competing without top level athletes year after year...Pisgah..recently Brevard...Franklin...Swain...Murphy.., Tuscola had that with Kiefer, and also Pursley....regardless of how I couldn't tolerate the offense he was able to change the mentality and win consistently during his time. Chappell is a perfect example of a coach who apparently is a great motivator, can change on the fly, make adjustments, and does it without top level athletes. Tuscola has players but they have to find the coach that can put them in the best possible position to win. Normally coaches will improve over time and young teams improve with that, this team seems to have regressed from last season. There are way too many examples of coaches doing more with less to just settle and say oh well we will always be terrible, that shouldn't be and never has been the fans and communities way of thinking in Haywood county.

Hate to break it to ya but it is ALWAYS ABOUT THE DUDES. To address your exact examples.

Pisgah- when they have their best "dudes" they can compete and beat equal competition. i.e. smoky mtn, tuscola, franklin, brevard but outside of their immediate area they can't compete.
Brevard- they had their best "dudes" last year. Best in many years and they did well. Outside of this one outlier year, they can't compete.
Franklin- same as Pisgah. Consistent early round departures from the playoffs for years.
Swain/Murphy- these do not fall in the same category. They play with some of the best "dudes" in 1A football.
Tuscola- Keifer had some of the best "dudes" Tuscola has had in 30 years when he was winning. When they left, he left. He is a SMART coach. Pursley knows how to compete with less "dudes". You run an offense that is a pain in the A to study for and defend.

It's not about accepting being terrible. Every few years you hope you have a group of athletes that can compete. Unfortunately, no matter what all of Waynesville thinks, you do not have those "dudes". That offense you used to "tolerate", if it had been ran for 10-15 years from the youth league up, would have set you up to compete. Too many smart people in Waynesville for me.

I apologize...way too many "dudes".

Hate to break it to ya but it is ALWAYS ABOUT THE DUDES. To address your exact examples.

Pisgah- when they have their best "dudes" they can compete and beat equal competition. i.e. smoky mtn, tuscola, franklin, brevard but outside of their immediate area they can't compete.
Brevard- they had their best "dudes" last year. Best in many years and they did well. Outside of this one outlier year, they can't compete.
Franklin- same as Pisgah. Consistent early round departures from the playoffs for years.
Swain/Murphy- these do not fall in the same category. They play with some of the best "dudes" in 1A football.
Tuscola- Keifer had some of the best "dudes" Tuscola has had in 30 years when he was winning. When they left, he left. He is a SMART coach. Pursley knows how to compete with less "dudes". You run an offense that is a pain in the A to study for and defend.

It's not about accepting being terrible. Every few years you hope you have a group of athletes that can compete. Unfortunately, no matter what all of Waynesville thinks, you do not have those "dudes". That offense you used to "tolerate", if it had been ran for 10-15 years from the youth league up, would have set you up to compete. Too many smart people in Waynesville for me.

Then by all means move on.... coach

Reactions: bears man

So....Kiefer has won very quickly everywhere he has coached, even at Andrews, so you believe instead of coaching he just happens to step into a situation with a bunch of dudes each and every time?

I believe THS had one legit dude on that team that played West Rowan which in turn elevated everyone around him along with an excellent coach. Brooks was great at getting the best out of what he had to work with. Furthermore, almost no team competes outside of this area and that includes Asheville and AC, very rarely does WNC have representatives beyond Thanksgiving other than 1A teams.

I believe THS had one legit dude on that team that played West Rowan which in turn elevated everyone around him along with an excellent coach. Brooks was great at getting the best out of what he had to work with. Furthermore, almost no team competes outside of this area and that includes Asheville and AC, very rarely does WNC have representatives beyond Thanksgiving other than 1A teams.

Thank you for backing up my point. This area does struggle to have the same caliber of athlete that other areas of the state have especially in areas outside of Asheville.

As for coach Keifer, I have no argument against the fact that he is a good coach. There are outliers that are able to build a program and then "dudes" tend to move in or grow in those programs. He is a smart coach. But, at some point you have to have the guys to compete, even coach Keifer.

ACR has played after Thanksgiving 11 of the past 18 years so I wouldn’t include them in your rarely appearing beyond thanksgiving category. Thought you may want to know that little tidbit.

ACR has played after Thanksgiving 11 of the past 18 years so I wouldn’t include them in your rarely appearing beyond thanksgiving category. Thought you may want to know that little tidbit.
I will clarify that, I was considering after thanksgiving to be about the third round and according to go big green Reynolds has been beyond the third round 4 times since 1999, correct me if I am wrong.

The third round is the Friday after Thanksgiving. That is 11 times 2000-2018 per gobiggreen.net Beyond the third round then yes 4 times.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT