ADVERTISEMENT

NO SWAIN MURPHY THREAD?

I think Swain defense can hold Murphy up with their D-line, but not completely shut them down. My concern is also the turnovers Swain has been having. I think Swain is the better team here this year, but I don't think they can afford a turnover. It's a problem that can be fix more easily than a lack of ability, but will they do so? 🤷‍♂️. I will go with Swain and hope they fix the problem. 20-14.

Yes Swain D can hold Murphy but.... rville held Murphy 90% of the plays but the plays we didn't stop was huge plays

• Haha
Reactions: Cdoc73
I still have limited views on Murphy and that might be my issue, but I haven't seen enough of Clem to tell if he will be a big break one loose kind of back. He appears to have less speed and agility than Stalcup. I still think he will end up a great RB for Murphy, but from what little I have seen of him, he looks like he would be more of a power, breaking tackles, stiff arming people out of their cleats kind of back. Especially if he hits the weight room, his junior and senior years could be a real bruiser.

Payne is a good player, but the QB lack of arm is truly hurting his potential. He did have a one handed grab in the Fannin game that showed his danger potential if the ball gets to him, he can catch it. I just don't think he will get the ball to him if it's more than 20 yards. You Murphy folks know what you have in the pipeline better than I would though, so I will wait see.

I still have limited views on Murphy and that might be my issue, but I haven't seen enough of Clem to tell if he will be a big break one loose kind of back. He appears to have less speed and agility than Stalcup. I still think he will end up a great RB for Murphy, but from what little I have seen of him, he looks like he would be more of a power, breaking tackles, stiff arming people out of their cleats kind of back. Especially if he hits the weight room, his junior and senior years could be a real bruiser.

Payne is a good player, but the QB lack of arm is truly hurting his potential. He did have a one handed grab in the Fannin game that showed his danger potential if the ball gets to him, he can catch it. I just don't think he will get the ball to him if it's more than 20 yards. You Murphy folks know what you have in the pipeline better than I would though, so I will wait see.
I agree with pretty much everything you said apart from Clem's speed, but as you said your viewings on Clem aren't as extensive so that's understandable. Clem is faster than Stalcup was at the same age. Clem was running a 12.1 100 this past spring as an 8th grader, that's definitely fast for that age. He's a legit 6'0"-6'1" 175lbs as a 9th grader, so he should have a good speed and power combination as an upperclassmen if he takes things seriously in the weight room.

Last edited:
If we play like we can, I don't see Swain losing. If coaches can keep our boy's mouths shut and eliminate those penalties it'll help.

Swain's QB is being careless with some of these throws.
2 of them should have been picked. Murphy not capitalizing on #28's big return comes back to bite them.

Murphy had a strong 1st quarter but penalties and turnovers have killed them in the 2nd quarter. This game should at worst be tied right now, disappointing.

Reactions: Swain97
A shame it can't be broadcast at all the games. When I can't make a game, it really is nice to have the option. I'd pay the gate to watch it.

Will probably have to buy the Swain-Robbinsville game on grahamstar if Swain pulls it out tonight. Going to have to save my gas money for a trip to Robbinsville on Dec. 1 I think.

Congrats to Swain on the win

As for Murphy, the less said on that 2nd half performance the better

Reactions: Swain97
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT