ADVERTISEMENT

NO SWAIN MURPHY THREAD?

Congrats to Swain on the win

As for Murphy, the less said on that 2nd half performance the better
I was telling the guys the same thing. That opening drive was well executed and then that playbook was completely abandoned.

Reactions: mbdfan
Murphy's defence broke down trying to strip the ball, that allow at least 3 score late. Murphy has some dang fine linemen and Linebackers. Offence just forgot their game plan.

Congrats to Swain on the win

As for Murphy, the less said on that 2nd half performance the better
Looked like Murphy quit after going down 22-7. Inexcusable to give up that many points to a team that just doesn’t score that many points very much. But, I guess having to play Robbinsville and Swain back to back is tough,. Having to go on the road to play an undefeated Swain after losing that heartbreaker to the knights last week made it extra tough. It’s all good though. Murphy was never gonna win anything this year anyway. Better days (MUCH better days) lie ahead.

Reactions: Mbulld
LoL. Sounds like they scored 2-3 times late in the 4th once the game was already in hand. Congrats on the win.
New offensive set last night, so I can see why you made the comment earlier. I don't know if we could have scored 28 either with how the offense had been playing. We'll see how another week of practice helps us.

Couple of key plays for Murphy in 1st half. Fumble while driving inside the red zone to possibly take a 14-0 lead. Murphy also had 2 opportunities to make an interception on Swains last possession of 1st half and failed to do so. Swain would eventually punch it in to take a 14-7 lead. I'm not saying those plays would have changed the outcome, but definitely didn't help Murphys chances. Swain absolutely dominated the 2nd half.

I agree with pretty much everything you said apart from Clem's speed, but as you said your viewings on Clem aren't as extensive so that's understandable. Clem is faster than Stalcup was at the same age. Clem was running a 12.1 100 this past spring as an 8th grader, that's definitely fast for that age. He's a legit 6'0"-6'1" 175lbs as a 9th grader, so he should have a good speed and power combination as an upperclassmen if he takes things seriously in the weight room.
Payne was top runner for MHS as a Freshman running a 11.59 100m. He has speed too!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT