ADVERTISEMENT

Nissan of Clinton Jamboree

Darkhorse04

Dec 5, 2006
Friday August 12th Clinton High School
$8.00 admission www.Gofan.co or Cash at gate accepted.

layout:
50 min game.

5pm-6pm Union Spartans vs Red Springs Red Devils
6pm-7pm Lakewood Leopards vs West Bladen Knights
7pm-8pm Hobbton Wildcats vs Fairmont Golden Tornadoes
8pm-9pm Midway Raiders vs South Johnston Trojans
9pm-10pm Clinton Dark Horses vs Purnell Swett Rams

All games will likely be broadcasted on www.oldies1170.com

layout:
50 min game.

Why Clinton always play these cupcakes every year? These might be the worst teams in the state to play football????.....lol is this a joke ?

layout:
50 min game.

Thanks for broadcasting J-Man! I already know I won't be able to make it, but listening to it will be just as good!

Nissan is on the track sponsoring the train..... choo choo

08188A.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91 and dogs79
Nissan of Clinton has been a sponsor of Darkhorse football for years. They help support the radio broadcast and looks like they are taking on the bill for any activities at the jamboree this year hence the name.

Last edited:
Was also suppose to be a 4 team scrimmage at Clinton on Wednesday Aug 10th per the schedule but I heard 1 or 2 of the teams backed out. Not sure who they were or if the scrimmage will still take place that day.

Was also suppose to be a 4 team scrimmage at Clinton on Wednesday Aug 10th per the schedule but I heard 1 or 2 of the teams backed out. Not sure who they were or if the scrimmage will still take place that day.

Where are you at now? If they scrimmage on the 10th I might be able to make that. I haven't heard anything on any of our scrimmages. We start work early now so we can get off at 3 because of the heat. I'm not seeing any of the coaches at Breakfast that early.

Where are you at now? If they scrimmage on the 10th I might be able to make that. I haven't heard anything on any of our scrimmages. We start work early now so we can get off at 3 because of the heat. I'm not seeing any of the coaches at Breakfast that early.
Hey Otis I’m in Clearwater FL planning on coming back to NC weekend of October 14th for the St Pauls game.

You know the person who originally made that complaint probably punches air everytime they hear y’all joke about that 😂
So for all of those wondering WTF, camping stories??……here is the back story:

So probably 4-5 years ago I worked at a local eye doctor, a patient we had one day got to talking with the doctor during the exam about Clinton football. The doc (my friend and trying to be funny) was like do you ever listen to the games? The guy said yea, they do a good job but I wish they would just focus on football. They sometimes get off in a tangent talking about other stuff like camping. (He didn’t know I was one of the guys, which made it hilarious and Ron and I had NEVER talked about camping prior to this so he was just picking a random topic to use as an example)……so I told Ron about this next day, and we intentionally take a segment during each broadcast to talk about camping just to mess with this guy. It’s hilarious. I can just picture him at home listening and every time we start up on camping he starts yelling at his computer going “The game you A$$holes, talk about the game” LOL

*Ron nor I have EVER even been camping*

So probably 4-5 years ago I worked at a local eye doctor, a patient we had one day got to talking with the doctor during the exam about Clinton football. The doc (my friend and trying to be funny) was like do you ever listen to the games? The guy said yea, they do a good job but I wish they would just focus on football. They sometimes get off in a tangent talking about other stuff like camping. (He didn’t know I was one of the guys, which made it hilarious and Ron and I had NEVER talked about camping prior to this so he was just picking a random topic to use as an example)……so I told Ron about this next day, and we intentionally take a segment during each broadcast to talk about camping just to mess with this guy. It’s hilarious. I can just picture him at home listening and every time we start up on camping he starts yelling at his computer going “The game you A$$holes, talk about the game” LOL

That is hilarious!! Well done!!

Hilarious!!

Yeah food trucks,Live DJ, stuff for the kids AD Aaron Lane really went all out. The old half field format had its pros but I like this format better.
Midway did host a great jamboree last year. Unfortunately, due to Covid, a few marquee match ups weren’t able to happen that were on tap. Originally the main event game was Clinton Vs. East Duplin, but because of Covid East Duplin had to bow out. James Kenan was to be apart as well but had to drop. Looking forward to a great jamboree and start of the season this year!

Midway did host a great jamboree last year. Unfortunately, due to Covid, a few marquee match ups weren’t able to happen that were on tap. Originally the main event game was Clinton Vs. East Duplin, but because of Covid East Duplin had to bow out. James Kenan was to be apart as well but had to drop. Looking forward to a great jamboree and start of the season this year!

I went to that jamboree last year. I enjoyed it. I asked a young co-worker if he wanted to go to a game with me. He said yea not knowing it was a 2 hour drive. Lol I can ask him if he wants to go to a game now and he says hell no. You go to the other end of the state! I don't mind driving a good ways to see good football or see good friends I have made on here.

Why Clinton always play these cupcakes every year? These might be the worst teams in the state to play football????.....lol is this a joke ?
Hey Mister are you calling Clinton Cupcake?

Yeah doesn’t look like it’s gonna hang around should be good by 5. Clinton not taking the field till 9 Atleast get to scout some of the other conference teams a bit. St Pauls is scrimmaging Terry Sanford in Fayetteville may check in on that for a bit. Big one out in Charlotte at 8 Chambers Vs Dudley

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Yeah doesn’t look like it’s gonna hang around should be good by 5. Clinton not taking the field till 9 Atleast get to scout some of the other conference teams a bit. St Pauls is scrimmaging Terry Sanford in Fayetteville may check in on that for a bit. Big one out in Charlotte at 8 Chambers Vs Dudley
Got word that our NFHS camera may not be working tonight. Our CHS staff have had some issues getting up with them but wiping off the lens doesn’t work, we think it’s condensation. It may need replacing.

Got word that our NFHS camera may not be working tonight. Our CHS staff have had some issues getting up with them but wiping off the lens doesn’t work, we think it’s condensation. It may need replacing.
Well that sucks guess I’ll just be listening in. They have some time to get it resolved before first home game isn’t till week 3.

Imo the best nfhs production is and I hate to say it, but it's east duplin with u guys running a close 2nd. They are knowledgeable and obnoxious if you don't pull for ed. But that's the way it should be. I still enjoy listening to the end of our playoff game last year! They're A1 in my book though

Imo the best nfhs production is and I hate to say it, but it's east duplin with u guys running a close 2nd. They are knowledgeable and obnoxious if you don't pull for ed. But that's the way it should be. I still enjoy listening to the end of our playoff game last year! They're A1 in my book though
We try to stay as clear and concise as we can and not be overly obnoxious with our bias towards our own team. While I haven’t heard ED’s broadcast myself, I’ve heard from other people who have listened that said it’s very hard to listen to because the just don’t keep it professional. That can mean a lot of things. Again, I’ve never heard them myself, it’s just what others have told me.

P.S. No way their camping stories are remotely as good as ours lol

We try to stay as clear and concise as we can and not be overly obnoxious with our bias towards our own team. While I haven’t heard ED’s broadcast myself, I’ve heard from other people who have listened that said it’s very hard to listen to because the just don’t keep it professional. That can mean a lot of things. Again, I’ve never heard them myself, it’s just what others have told me.

P.S. No way their camping stories are remotely as good as ours lol
Yal are more professional. They are Homer's. They are knowledgeable, but they definitely will gloat and cry. I have even heard some cursing, but they're just passionate, and they're from across the river, if u know what I mean

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT