ADVERTISEMENT

Nice Reidsville article.

and golden tornadoes before that. became golden lions in lsat 20s and rams in 1969.

No one is exactly sure why Reidsvlle changed the mascot....my younger brother was a junior and his class and the sophomore class was given a list of mascot names to choose from....Golden Lions was not to be kept because they closed the black high school (Booker T. Washington) at the end of 68-69 school year......their kids were also given a list of names to vote for....Bulldogs (their nickname) was not to be kept..........Rams became the winning mascot name.............

Don't know if admin. was forced to change Golden Lion name or if it was done voluntarily as a gesture.......Reidsville schools had been integrated since the fall of 1963...but black students had a choice of whether to attend black school or white schools.....Fall of 1969 was when total integration of the schools took place..

Ironically my brother's class was the first Reidsville Ram class...but his class ring was ordered his junior year and it has the Golden Lion on it...

And yes Shelby was around then and much earlier, and as far as I know they have always been Golden Lions.....For years Reidsville and Shelby were the only 2 schools in the state with that mascot name.........................

Dudes ain't this thread about Reidsville? I know that's what the title lead me to believe. Can't you leave it alone even for a minute? Seems like every 2A thread has either one of your essays containing various lists of Shelby's accomplishments or a link to something related to some other Shelby history lesson. Now a video?

C'mon men.

We all have heard/and or seen this before. We get it.

You don't like Reidsville's claims to being the best and you wonder why they have issues with y'all.

No one is exactly sure why Reidsvlle changed the mascot....my younger brother was a junior and his class and the sophomore class was given a list of mascot names to choose from....Golden Lions was not to be kept because they closed the black high school (Booker T. Washington) at the end of 68-69 school year......their kids were also given a list of names to vote for....Bulldogs (their nickname) was not to be kept..........Rams became the winning mascot name.............

Don't know if admin. was forced to change Golden Lion name or if it was done voluntarily as a gesture.......Reidsville schools had been integrated since the fall of 1963...but black students had a choice of whether to attend black school or white schools.....Fall of 1969 was when total integration of the schools took place..

Ironically my brother's class was the first Reidsville Ram class...but his class ring was ordered his junior year and it has the Golden Lion on it...

And yes Shelby was around then and much earlier, and as far as I know they have always been Golden Lions.....For years Reidsville and Shelby were the only 2 schools in the state with that mascot name.........................
Glad we didn't pick Scorpions

Reactions: Ram2012
Dudes ain't this thread about Reidsville? I know that's what the title lead me to believe. Can't you leave it alone even for a minute? Seems like every 2A thread has either one of your essays containing various lists of Shelby's accomplishments or a link to something related to some other Shelby history lesson. Now a video?

C'mon men.

We all have heard/and or seen this before. We get it.

You don't like Reidsville's claims to being the best and you wonder why they have issues with y'all.

I guess you didn't read the thread.....

why the change in 1969? also was Shelby around then, and what was their mascot?

I guess you didn't read the thread.....
Yep. Read thread title. Read link to article. Read posts leading up to your video link. Must admit did not watch the video.

Already know the history. Been well documented, as I said, in every thread involving either Shelby, or for some unfathomable only known to the triumvirate reason, Reidsville. I did not need a remedial course in those accomplishments, even if it was in video form.
But hey it worked.

Got me to comment on your post.

Congratulations.

Them guys on the radio are funny, remember my bearcats beat heritage last season, this season they beat us both times. Them radio guys might be eating crow

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT