ADVERTISEMENT

NFHS Network

Is the NFHS Network any better than it was in the Spring? I’m not spending hard earned $$$ to get crappy coverage.
I mean some coverage is better than others depending on the schools. If you want to see a bunch of games for basically $10 a month then do it. Not sure how spending that little of money for a chance to see a lot of high school athletics across the state is bad

I mean some coverage is better than others depending on the schools. If you want to see a bunch of games for basically $10 a month then do it. Not sure how spending that little of money for a chance to see a lot of high school athletics across the state is bad
I am an avid supporter of wrh. I had a stroke in 2019 and basically cannot attend the games now. NHFS had been great for me. Not all schools have it, but it is a great deal if like high school sports.

I was told it is dependent many times on the quality of the Wifi at the school/stadium. Also, the cameras are stationary on the press box so its not like someone is actually following the action by hand.

I think for roughly 10 bucks a month its ok but some on here will not ante up $1 for a subscription to a local papers content for six months so I guess it just depends.

Reactions: UNC91 and dogs79
I don't want to get anyone's dander up I know rivalries are strong here but...... If you want to see what NFHS will look like once everyone learns how to take advantage of it then watch a Clinton game on it. Jonathan ( darkhorse04) has done one hell of a job with getting his radio game broadcast synced to the video. It's like watching a college game. I think eventually the rest of us will catch on or up however you want to put it. Some of the other games I have watched I have found the audio online and then watched the video but it's usually close to 2 plays off. Still as Griddle points out you are watching a game you otherwise would not be watching. Spend the 10.00. If you can go back and watch past games go watch a Clinton game and you will see what I'm talking about. It's a great thing when done right.

I don't want to get anyone's dander up I know rivalries are strong here but...... If you want to see what NFHS will look like once everyone learns how to take advantage of it then watch a Clinton game on it. Jonathan ( darkhorse04) has done one hell of a job with getting his radio game broadcast synced to the video. It's like watching a college game. I think eventually the rest of us will catch on or up however you want to put it. Some of the other games I have watched I have found the audio online and then watched the video but it's usually close to 2 plays off. Still as Griddle points out you are watching a game you otherwise would not be watching. Spend the 10.00. If you can go back and watch past games go watch a Clinton game and you will see what I'm talking about. It's a great thing when done right.
Hey otis, east duplin does a great job also.

Thanks for the kinds words.

I am an avid supporter of wrh. I had a stroke in 2019 and basically cannot attend the games now. NHFS had been great for me. Not all schools have it, but it is a great deal if like high school sports.
Glad to hear it helps you and that’s one of the huge advantages. Praying you are doing well now🙏🏻

Reactions: UNC91
Agree they do a GREAT job. I saw a Murphy scrimmage in the spring at TC Roberson I think on a Saturday morning and Roberson did a tremendous job with announcers and all.

Reactions: Otis4411
Nothing but praise for the NFHS. Check Friday night at any given time for what's available, and there may be over 500 games live across the country you can tune into. No you're not going to get the multiple camera angles and replays with actual technicians on the top of your press box, and occasionally the play gets lost on a long run/pass, but the software and hardware that allows a camera to "follow" the action over a 120 yd. playing field w/o a human being on one end (either in-person or miles away with a joystick) is frankly amazing. The model the Clinton guys follow to synch the audio with the NFHS feed is the way to go, but that's on the school to provide that added feature, not NFHS.

Nothing but praise for the NFHS. Check Friday night at any given time for what's available, and there may be over 500 games live across the country you can tune into. No you're not going to get the multiple camera angles and replays with actual technicians on the top of your press box, and occasionally the play gets lost on a long run/pass, but the software and hardware that allows a camera to "follow" the action over a 120 yd. playing field w/o a human being on one end (either in-person or miles away with a joystick) is frankly amazing. The model the Clinton guys follow to synch the audio with the NFHS feed is the way to go, but that's on the school to provide that added feature, not NFHS.

I have family in Springdale Arkansas and they have a son playing for Shiloh Christian Academy. It was fun watching him play last year as a freshman. They won the state championship. This year he is ranked in Arkansas as a running back. I'm hoping to get to go to a game this year but with the virus I may not. I have an Uncle there grandfather to this kid that caught covid and has had a bad time. He has been on a ventilator around 220 days.
Yes doing the audio with NFHS is on the school which is why I am so impressed with Clinton's work on it. I'll have to check East Dublin out this year. I think it's a deal at 10.00 a month

I guess maybe many of the stadiums have updated their wi-fi, at least I would hope they would have. I know there is a learning curve to get things right. When I said that I didn't want to spend my hard earned $$$ on a crappy service, I was being a little sarcastic. I'll try the service again.

I guess maybe many of the stadiums have updated their wi-fi, at least I would hope they would have. I know there is a learning curve to get things right. When I said that I didn't want to spend my hard earned $$$ on a crappy service, I was being a little sarcastic. I'll try the service again.
It's a work in progress for sure.

I have family in Springdale Arkansas and they have a son playing for Shiloh Christian Academy. It was fun watching him play last year as a freshman. They won the state championship. This year he is ranked in Arkansas as a running back. I'm hoping to get to go to a game this year but with the virus I may not. I have an Uncle there grandfather to this kid that caught covid and has had a bad time. He has been on a ventilator around 220 days.
Yes doing the audio with NFHS is on the school which is why I am so impressed with Clinton's work on it. I'll have to check East Dublin out this year. I think it's a deal at 10.00 a month
Prayers sent

Reactions: Otis4411
Best 10 bucks that i spend each month.Got to watch Mitchell vs Mountain Heritage JVs play tonight ,the audio was great ,but the video was same as last year bad,blurry
as can be ,someone at Heritage needs to fix this.Heritage won 28 to 14.
I was also just wondering ,if some schools might have a bad feed intentionally, thinking it might keep some fans on the couch fridays nights instead of the bleachers.I have no evidence of that but you would think if a school broadcast a game they would want you at least to be able to see the number on uniforms.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT