ADVERTISEMENT

Newton-Conover and North Lincoln

NM88

Aug 29, 2014
Siler City, NC
Hmmmm... Steve Pack to Newton-Conover after a 2 win season. Nick Bazzle out of retirement to North Lincoln. Interesting moves will make for an interesting future in the South Fork 2A. I'm not sure which move surprises me the most.

But who made the better move?????

Seems North made the better move, Bazzle has a ring. Don't know much of anything bout Steve Pack or what schools he was at before North.

This will be another thread but im imagining North will have a better team this year and Bazzle knows that and saw interest in this program that has been showing more athletes dispite a 2 win season last year. A lot coming back as well. Keep in mind, East Burke in 07' had a stellar season, in 06' they won 3 games. Should be interesting.

Speculation is that Bazzle took the job so he could help his son out, who is an assistant at Alexander Central, and possibly give him the job in a year or two. I like the fact that North has hired someone that knows how to win and create a winning culture, but the talent level at North will be a major challenge to overcome. They do have a rising freshman running back that has been getting compared to the likes of Goo Wyatt and CJ Wilson but I am hearing he will either be at Lincolnton or East this season. I would say Pack made the better move because he will have way better athletes at Newton to utilize versus Bazzle at North. Either way, this conference will be between Lincolnton, East, and Maiden.

Speculation is that Bazzle took the job so he could help his son out, who is an assistant at Alexander Central, and possibly give him the job in a year or two. I like the fact that North has hired someone that knows how to win and create a winning culture, but the talent level at North will be a major challenge to overcome. They do have a rising freshman running back that has been getting compared to the likes of Goo Wyatt and CJ Wilson but I am hearing he will either be at Lincolnton or East this season. I would say Pack made the better move because he will have way better athletes at Newton to utilize versus Bazzle at North. Either way, this conference will be between Lincolnton, East, and Maiden.

Well Bazzle does and will have an improved return RB Clayton Crib that committed to Army. Also a good Jr that should play well at LB. Less athletes yes but if coached up right they may do alittle more than last year. I’d hope so anyway. Newton lost a lot of players cause of politics and whatever else happened. QB going to Mallard Creek. Who knows what else may happen or has happened already. Don’t know the story. Guess the posters will fill in as we go.

When will we know if that rising freshman RB will stay?

I plan on starting a early conference outlook post soon with the area posters filling in with the info.

Newton should have taken Bazzle, he has proven he could win, and develop good students and kids. He was the one that could have returned newton back faster than anyone else, imo.

Well Bazzle does and will have an improved return RB Clayton Crib that committed to Army. Also a good Jr that should play well at LB. Less athletes yes but if coached up right they may do alittle more than last year. I’d hope so anyway. Newton lost a lot of players cause of politics and whatever else happened. QB going to Mallard Creek. Who knows what else may happen or has happened already. Don’t know the story. Guess the posters will fill in as we go.

When will we know if that rising freshman RB will stay?

I plan on starting a early conference outlook post soon with the area posters filling in with the info.
I forgot about Cribb being there still. I think they could creep into the playoffs but it won't be easy. Going to have to play better defense. As for the freshman RB I'm not sure, but I am hearing its probably going to be East most likely.

I forgot about Cribb being there still. I think they could creep into the playoffs but it won't be easy. Going to have to play better defense. As for the freshman RB I'm not sure, but I am hearing its probably going to be East most likely.

Defense is what destroyed all their hopes last year. When defense sucks the offense gets tired or loses moral. They’d score on O but the D didn’t hold up their end. They were at least 10 or 12 total plays from winning at least 3 extra games. Get Cribb the ball, eat clock, play JUST good enough defense and some games will be won. Bandys and ACentral and WL were prime examples.

Is this kid enticed by the coaches and the program st East? I just hate to think a solid speedy back that North has longed for will not be loyal to his middle school teammates and see where playing at North takes him. I really hope he gives it a chance at least. He has 3 more years to make a move ha ha. Norths JVs were much improved and won some games last year so that’s some kinda hope going into this year. Maybe Bazzle looked over all that too. The mans no dumbie, I doubt you would ever see him go down to highland tech, Garinger, Victory Christian, or....West Caldwell.

I’ve seen RBs at North take off to Lincolnton and shine. Prob bigger better blocking linemen. Not sure how the line stands this year but few years back that was Norths strength- big corn fed boys. Not sure bout this year though or what’s coming up from JV that’s got size from growth and weights.

Bazzle prob wants something different is why he didn’t persue a Newton Conover return plus losing stenson, a QB, and some key players it’d prob been something he wouldn’t want to walk into. Athletes or no athletes.

North is coming around as far as having more of those but it’s been a slow process

Bazzle applied for Newton job.

Good to know I guess. Musta had some sorta history that they didn’t want em. Who knows. I’m sure he can work alittle magic at North with Crib getting most of the ball touch’s. Seems to always been a running game kinda coach. I look for Crib to be faster, stronger, bigger and harder to tackle. Army and Wake didn’t look at em’ for nothing. Army was leading nation last year in rushing yards. If they wasn’t at the top they were top 5.

He gets that defense in gear and we got a team. Might even make another run at East this year. Last year they forgot to show up 2nd half.

Is this kid enticed by the coaches and the program st East? I just hate to think a solid speedy back that North has longed for will not be loyal to his middle school teammates and see where playing at North takes him. I really hope he gives it a chance at least. He has 3 more years to make a move ha ha. Norths JVs were much improved and won some games last year so that’s some kinda hope going into this year. Maybe Bazzle looked over all that too. The mans no dumbie, I doubt you would ever see him go down to highland tech, Garinger, Victory Christian, or....West Caldwell.

I’ve seen RBs at North take off to Lincolnton and shine. Prob bigger better blocking linemen. Not sure how the line stands this year but few years back that was Norths strength- big corn fed boys. Not sure bout this year though or what’s coming up from JV that’s got size from growth and weights.
The kid isn't originally from Lincoln County so I'm not sure exactly how loyal he feels towards the teammates but I get what you're saying. A lot of East athletes could easily be going to North and vice versa because of how close the districts are. I would say that the thought process of transferring to East or Lincolnton is about getting noticed more and getting a chance to play for a winning program. I would say about past running backs that came to Lincolnton from North in one case a few years ago the kid had always went to Lincolnton and got in trouble so he had to go to North for a year, other year it was family ties.

Always good to get a scoop on that. That’s why we have forums and community people such as yourself. Thompson kid is who your talkin about is believe. He was a beast that’s for sure.

I don’t wanna fish for too much info as it would ruin the whole conference forum that I wanna start here in 2 or 3 weeks. North did have a speedster on the track team that I never heard or seen on the football roster. His shape and speed id put him at DB or Wideout if he came out. I hope he does. Norths hadn’t had that kinda athletic talent in a while.

If Bazzle can make a good game against a promising looking Alexander Central team those boys may have a chance to make rest of conference nervous. A lot of it will hang on Crib carrying the rock and Sorrus playing soild D. These are 2 boys IMO could get playing time in a Hibriten uniform figuratively speaking. Y’all might think I’m crazy but I see the potential. Rest of team step up and get behind em we got a interesting season ahead.
It’s gonna be in the AC game that could be a good gage for em and first real deal game.

Thompson was the one with family ties and Herndon from a few years back was the other. But I do see some potential at North to have some success for North standards, they got the money and the facilities to do it, plus they have pretty decent community support. As close as they are to the lake I am surprised they haven't seen more improvement, the challenge is getting athletes to attend North instead of going to Davidson Day, Southlake, East, Lake Norman, and Hough. All those schools in the Huntersville area are getting kids that could easily be at North but with the way the eastern end of the county is growing I wouldn't be surprised if they saw some improvement

Thompson was the one with family ties and Herndon from a few years back was the other. But I do see some potential at North to have some success for North standards, they got the money and the facilities to do it, plus they have pretty decent community support. As close as they are to the lake I am surprised they haven't seen more improvement, the challenge is getting athletes to attend North instead of going to Davidson Day, Southlake, East, Lake Norman, and Hough. All those schools in the Huntersville area are getting kids that could easily be at North but with the way the eastern end of the county is growing I wouldn't be surprised if they saw some improvement

I do remember Herndon. He was good at North but excelled at Lincolnton when he had blockers. North had blockers too back then but that was definitely Lincolntons year and a standing room only game (2007) when them and North went at it. As was extremely lacking last year- a defense, in 07’ that was Norths pride and joy- a defense. But it was 1st or 2nd overall best team ever and coulda possibly been at the least 4th rounders if Trent Hopkins was one year younger and stayed healthy.

No flashy athletes then like Lincolnton has every year just some tough determined boys that got the job done. May be the case this year and Bazzle may use it his advantage. Jalen Ward is the guy I’m talkin bout that has the decent size and speed that wasn’t out for football. Maybe he’ll suit up this year. Some of this stuff I’ll repeat when we have predictions and outlooks but for flat out speed this kid has it. Don’t know the kid, possibly an East or Lincolnton area guy.

Last edited:
I do remember Herndon. He was good at North but excelled at Lincolnton when he had blockers. North had blockers too back then but that was definitely Lincolntons year and a standing room only game (2007) when them and North went at it. As was extremely lacking last year- a defense, in 07’ that was Norths pride and joy- a defense. But it was 1st or 2nd overall best team ever and coulda possibly been at the least 4th rounders if Trent Hopkins was one year younger and stayed healthy.

No flashy athletes then like Lincolnton has every year just some tough determined boys that got the job done. May be the case this year and Bazzle may use it his advantage. Jalen Ward is the guy I’m talkin bout that has the decent size and speed that wasn’t out for football. Maybe he’ll suit up this year. Some of this stuff I’ll repeat when we have predictions and outlooks but for flat out speed this kid has it. Don’t know the kid, possibly an East or Lincolnton area guy.
I could be wrong but Hopkins was an example of someone who probably should have been at East but ended up at North because of the kids East had. The beam teams were always solid and hard nosed bunch. I remember when they beat us at home in 06 but they also had Cedric that season and he was running with a purpose.
Not sure about the Ward kid but it wouldn't hurt for Bazzle to try and get all the athletes out that he can. I am interested to see what he does at QB because in the type of system he runs you typically want your qb to be one of the better athletes. North tried the tight split ground and pound a few years ago and while some success happened not a whole lot more than normal. From my experience the option is all about angles and once you allow the defense to load the box they got you if you don't have the speed to get outside. But we will see what he comes up with

I could be wrong but Hopkins was an example of someone who probably should have been at East but ended up at North because of the kids East had. The beam teams were always solid and hard nosed bunch. I remember when they beat us at home in 06 but they also had Cedric that season and he was running with a purpose.
Not sure about the Ward kid but it wouldn't hurt for Bazzle to try and get all the athletes out that he can. I am interested to see what he does at QB because in the type of system he runs you typically want your qb to be one of the better athletes. North tried the tight split ground and pound a few years ago and while some success happened not a whole lot more than normal. From my experience the option is all about angles and once you allow the defense to load the box they got you if you don't have the speed to get outside. But we will see what he comes up with

If Crib is anything I assume or hope he is he will get that extra yard or 2 each play to move the chains. Not a D1 prospect for nothing. As far as getting to the outside yeah North hasn’t ever had that kinda back. Kenny Raymer and Herndon was the best. Raymer just knew how to hit holes fast and bounce off tackles but as far as sweeps to the outside, forget it. Never was a back that could do that at North. Jalen Ward if he’s made to play back here and there if he comes out MIGHT could pull it off if the blockings right and defense is not ready for it.

I just hope bazzle talks to him and gets him out. Speed don’t always mean wins. Bandys has the speed, West Iredell has the speed. Just wasn’t used too good in the pads lol. At least not last year and so on.

As far as Hopkins goes he was a player that...wow his teams prob said I’m glad he’s on our side lol. Accurate thrower and good convert to fullback when playing keeper or scrambling.

That fresh RB is a beast he single handily to his Middle School to the Championship game against Crest Middle and came up just a few plays short.

That fresh RB is a beast he single handily to his Middle School to the Championship game against Crest Middle and came up just a few plays short.

Yeah watch him not even play for North Lincoln. We'll find out bout end of July or middle.

Does N Lincoln have a conditioning program or 7 on 7 going at this time?

Prob don’t start all that til middle of July. But someone do update me and correct me on that.

My friends in Denver said that the school held a cookout the day after Bazzle was named and had a record turnout of athletes and parents/fans. According to them, Bazzle has hit the ground running and getting out into the community and homes to visit. He's an East Lincoln grad from the Pumpkin Center area they say, and he wants five to nine years (until his wife can retire) of building a strong program at North. He's taking the team to Wofford for summer camps.

Reactions: Burkeforreal
My friends in Denver said that the school held a cookout the day after Bazzle was named and had a record turnout of athletes and parents/fans. According to them, Bazzle has hit the ground running and getting out into the community and homes to visit. He's an East Lincoln grad from the Pumpkin Center area they say, and he wants five to nine years (until his wife can retire) of building a strong program at North. He's taking the team to Wofford for summer camps.

That’d be killer if he talked up that running back into coming out along with maybe a few other talented that prob thought bout EL or Lincolnton. Always been a class act coach from what I’ve heard

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT