ADVERTISEMENT

News out of Guilford County

Originally posted by btango:

Originally posted by 1whoknows:

Originally posted by ForsythFootball:
So true I know of atleast four Forsyth County schools have broken the same rule Dudley did with a junior playing both nights or the paper work. It is ridiculous as coaches they know the rules, nobody likes doing paperwork it sucks but is has to be done.
Can you proved that it was 4 schools? You worked at 4 schools?
I bet I know an HC in Forsyth County that had his paperwork completed properly and on time?
Checks and Balances

Don't see why you're calling out Dudley Panther posters for...to brow beat em some more.Not cool 22.The verdict is in and our season is done.See ya next year.

My concern is Guilford County went through this same issue last year and seems like our teams learned nothing from it.Over half the schools here with problems.County AD must have missed that memo, would have been a great time to discuss 8 quarter rules with school AD's.

A note to Mr. Btango .very classy way to handle your reaction to Dudley adversity.Tip of the hat to you sir.

Good luck to the remaining teams.

For all those coaches who are actually doing things correctly and not too lazy to do their paperwork, I would suggest coaches get an obvious helmet sticker to place on the eight quarter guys and put a sheet in an assistants hands to document when they enter a game. Its too easy to just pick a guy and run him in near the end of the game. Sticker could also have a number stuck inside it or written in to indicate the quarters played to date.

Originally posted by ross-blue&gold:
Don't see why you're calling out Dudley Panther posters for...to brow beat em some more.Not cool 22.The verdict is in and our season is done.See ya next year.

My concern is Guilford County went through this same issue last year and seems like our teams learned nothing from it.Over half the schools here with problems.County AD must have missed that memo, would have been a great time to discuss 8 quarter rules with school AD's.

A note to Mr. Btango .very classy way to handle your reaction to Dudley adversity.Tip of the hat to you sir.

Not brow beating at all. Just refrencing some ( not all) some Dudley posters who were adamant that this was a simple oversight and expounded on the integrity and leadership of their coaching staff. Some to the point of calling other posters out who would dare question the integrity of their coach.

Should the rule be changed?? Probably but lets call this what it is. Blatant disregard followed up by flat out lying about the reasons. You really think they had to go back and investigate that they had broken the rule every game this year?? He new the moment the genie was out of the bottle that it was over and yet he stood in front of the cameras talking about being confused about the JV season being over and conflicting rules. The same kid dressed for every game??

The whole thing is really tragic for the players, parents and fans.

So you Dudley fans tell me.... do you want this guy and the AD out??

@Godevilsgo
You sound pretty ridiculous. That kid playing an extra play did not give them am advantage over their opponent and no kid is going to get a concussion because of the coaches actions. Stop with all the excessive comments about people getting food and weekday should happen to these coaches. They made mistakes. No one is perfect. Maybe we should critique you about the mistakes you make at your job and put it on line for everyone to discuss.

Originally posted by Blue and Gold22:

Not brow beating at all. Just refrencing some ( not all) some Dudley posters who were adamant that this was a simple oversight and expounded on the integrity and leadership of their coaching staff. Some to the point of calling other posters out who would dare question the integrity of their coach.

Should the rule be changed?? Probably but lets call this what it is. Blatant disregard followed up by flat out lying about the reasons. You really think they had to go back and investigate that they had broken the rule every game this year?? He new the moment the genie was out of the bottle that it was over and yet he stood in front of the cameras talking about being confused about the JV season being over and conflicting rules. The same kid dressed for every game??

Tell me why the rule should be changed? Because some adults did not do their jobs? These coaches asks for this rule a few years back. They got what they wanted. Everyone pretty much had enough probationary period to make their mistakes in the beginning and I am sure Many did. But over the last few years, the clarity of the rule is to clear to make many. The only one I am sure that many probably still have a problem with is getting the post paper in on time. Which is not as major as the pre-form. The Post form verify the number of quarters the player played that Friday, so to me if it is done

I supported Dudley but my reasoning was not if they had forfeited other games or not but I do not like the penalty. I think teams should not be forfeiting games for breaking the 8 quarter rule, or X amount of players leaving the bench during a fight, or being ejected et al.

I prefer to see a system that has tiered penalties...

Fighting / ejections would cause the players involved to be suspended for multiple games but not go against the team.

The answer for why we have expanded playoffs is "to allow more student/athletes to participate". Well, let them participate instead of booting them out of the playoffs.

This post was edited on 11/26 2:26 PM by btango
Tango - We need to have you in the role of NCHSAA commissioner... or at least the title of "Consultant to the Board of Directors" Currently, there is something not quite right with the Association. I'm not saying that they are the evil empire that many accuse them of being as the the good far outweighs the bad. It seems though that policy decisions aren't always thought through before being implemented. I know the membership votes on policy, but it seems like there is a lack of "if we implement this, here are possible consequences" discussion going on.

Case in point... football playoff qualification and seeding has become so convoluted that it now takes multiple attempts for the seeding to be correct on selection Saturday.

My favorite... if a forfeit results in a seeding chance after the playoffs have been set you're out. Nice to know your playoff fate can be decided by the luck of the draw... or lack there of.

Is it time to rethink the governance structure, or is it time for some long-time staff to retire or both?

Originally posted by lowque:
@Godevilsgo

You sound pretty ridiculous. That kid playing an extra play did not give them am advantage over their opponent and no kid is going to get a concussion because of the coaches actions. Stop with all the excessive comments about people getting food and weekday should happen to these coaches. They made mistakes. No one is perfect. Maybe we should critique you about the mistakes you make at your job and put it on line for everyone to discuss.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Window Licker. They didn't make a mistake. The rules are stated every year at the clinic they take. Ten years and you don't remember to do the paper work before and after? And you play the same guy over and over, not just one time. Then lie to the media twice.

Mistake? Really? Its getting old on the mistake bull.

Go back and look at the post. I have no idea what you are talking about. Lowque, is that Low IQ.

stir.gif

Originally posted by 1whoknows:

Originally posted by Blue and Gold22:

Tell me why the rule should be changed? Because some adults did not do their jobs? These coaches asks for this rule a few years back. They got what they wanted. Everyone pretty much had enough probationary period to make their mistakes in the beginning and I am sure Many did. But over the last few years, the clarity of the rule is to clear to make many. The only one I am sure that many probably still have a problem with is getting the post paper in on time. Which is not as major as the pre-form. The Post form verify the number of quarters the player played that Friday, so to me if it is done
Let me change the wording. I think the consequences should change. I am of the same mind set as Btango on some of this. It seems that we go to forfeits and ending kids seasons very quickly and as you know it is really the kids who pay the price here. I would like to see a graduating schedule of fines and suspensions before we go nuclear every time.

Hit the schools in the pocket book, suspend the coach or rule him ineligible for the playoffs or next season or ultimately cost them their jobs. If Davis and Godette are still left standing after this then Guilford County didn't do what was necessary. I noticed they have suddenly been mute as well. No interviews, no quotes.

Before anyone gets crazy- I don't think they necessarily have to be terminated for the crime. I think it is the comical spin they tried to put on it that was the more tragic example of poor leadership. " Misunderstood".. either you couldn't be bothered to read the rules and understand them OR you chose to ignore them. Either way its incompetence that cost the kids in a huge way.

There were more than one Dudley fan on this board who thought legal action should be in play due to kids potential a
t lost schlorships and future earnings?? I thought it was silly at the time.Where did those guys go and why wouldn't those same people seek legal action against the Dudley coaches and administration since as it turns out it was their blatant negligence that caused the disruption of their season.

Apparently Dudley has the biggest mess while the other schools problems were not as severe. Perhaps the head coaches and AD's from those seven schools need to have a sit down session with the head coaches and AD's at the schools that had no violations to see how they do it. If they can do things correct then those seven can as well. The fact is concerning the 8 Q rule there are several people who have to sign off on the player. It is the head coach and AD's responsibility to make sure all signatures are on the form and it is their responsibility to fill out the post game form as well as keep track of the number of quarters played. The situation with the junior playing Thurs. night and then playing the next night (Fri.) is totally different. Any HC who does not know that you cannot do this needs to get out of coaching because this has always been a rule. As far as people making complaints about all this paperwork all I can tell you is it is not all that much and if someone does not want to take the time to look up and learn the rules they should not use the rule. It is an easy and quick process from what I have seen. Also from what I have seen there is far less paperwork today for the HC to fill out than there was years ago.

Originally posted by dtfix:
I supported Dudley but my reasoning was not if they had forfeited other games or not but I do not like the penalty. I think teams should not be forfeiting games for breaking the 8 quarter rule, or X amount of players leaving the bench during a fight, or being ejected et al.

I prefer to see a system that has tiered penalties...

Fighting / ejections would cause the players involved to be suspended for multiple games but not go against the team.

The answer for why we have expanded playoffs is "to allow more student/athletes to participate". Well, let them participate instead of booting them out of the playoffs.

This post was edited on 11/26 2:26 PM by btango
Tango - We need to have you in the role of NCHSAA commissioner... or at least the title of "Consultant to the Board of Directors" Currently, there is something not quite right with the Association. I'm not saying that they are the evil empire that many accuse them of being as the the good far outweighs the bad. It seems though that policy decisions aren't always thought through before being implemented. I know the membership votes on policy, but it seems like there is a lack of "if we implement this, here are possible consequences" discussion going on.

Case in point... football playoff qualification and seeding has become so convoluted that it now takes multiple attempts for the seeding to be correct on selection Saturday.

My favorite... if a forfeit results in a seeding chance after the playoffs have been set you're out. Nice to know your playoff fate can be decided by the luck of the draw... or lack there of.

Is it time to rethink the governance structure, or is it time for some long-time staff to retire or both?
The staff in Chapel Hill does not make the rules. They basically determine if a rule was broken and what the penalty is The Board of Directors brings potential rules or plans to the committees streamline them and then send to the full Board for a vote.

I have seen an NCHSAA staff member give their opinion in a heartfelt way, which I agreed with totally, and the BoD voted the opposite way. The next year it was changed back to the previous way because it caused some serious headaches.

Dudley must of had some serious talent last year! If you can't understand 8 quarter rule, too lazy to complete process, or just blatant disrespect for rules. You have to be pretty talented to overcome all that incompetence!

The problem with the NCHSAA is that all the rules are made by people other than the ones who are out in the fields, on the courts, on the track, in the pool, on the links, etc. In other words the coaches. They are the ones who do all the work and have the least amount of say in matters pertaining to them and their programs. If the FB coaches want spring practice then they should have it instead of a bunch of people (some of whom do not like FB and would prefer that FB not even be a sport) making the decisions for their coaches. Then we have the principals and AD's who see this as an evil because they think that it would interfere with baseball. The truth is fall baseball actually does more to interfere with FB practice in the fall. You also have some lazy FB coaches who don't want to do anything in the spring or summer and look at this as another evil in their plans not to do anything. Then you have those coaches who like the program that is now in place. My solution is to have both and allow a coach to choose one which would require the AD to sign off on which program their head FB coach was doing. The main thing is the coaches should be the ones determining what is good for their sport instead of all these other people who now do it.

No.1RamsFan I agree with that to some degree. There are coaches on the BoD along with principals, superintendents, ADs, a school board member, and a few other positions.

The main reason the coaches do not have a strong say is because the football coaches association is weak. They have a hard time deciding on what they want to do and when they do every coach does not get behind it and support the plan. The coaches meeting in to decide such things takes place in February at the annual meeting on Friday night at about 10pm. I would say last year that less than 70 head coaches were in attendance.

The coaches need to figure out exactly what they want, every coach whether it is what he wants or not needs to support the plan, and then take it to their AD and present it to their principal and countywide AD and if possible the superintendent.

The coaches last February decided to skip the 21 player maximum throughout the spring and request a ten day unlimited player workout plan. That is great in theory but some players you are going to want more than ten days with, like a young QB who is going to be a first year varsity starter. He needs a lot of time with skill players and coaches not ten days.

I am sure there are "work arounds" and I may have misunderstood some of the plan. One coach told me he didn't care what they voted on he would just figure out a way to make it work. He thought it was crazy that NC is so limited.

Leave it in head coaches hands on season practices? You mean put the devil in charge of the sermon? Coaches should not under any circumstances determine what is good for STUDENT.ATHLETES. Why would I put decisions on abusing my child''s time and commitment in the hands of a person already abusing the needs of the student athlete. They already practice enough and it has been expanded. This is high school gentlemen. They are not on scholarship as gladiators for coaches and the community. This as a parent of former football athletes (recent) I have very, very strong feelings about.

+1 OC, we already play more weeks than college when considering getting to the title game.

WHAT A SURPRISE! HP andrews is a terrible, poor organization, awful school that does things in a dirty underhanded way and care little for education and following the rules.

In other news, grass is green.

Originally posted by Godevilsgo:
+1 OC, we already play more weeks than college when considering getting to the title game.
I would be ok with going to a ten game regular season.

I think the players should have the opportunity for more skill development during the off season. Hopefully more time with their high school coach / team that can be regulated will keep a "AAU style" of 7 on 7 from developing. In addition I see a lot of players with the financial means paying trainers for coaching. There is a lot of that in the Charlotte area. Would additional time available lessen that burden on families?

What do you guys think should be the regulations on out of season practice?

I think they should go back to the practice regulations a couple years ago. I can list the things said and expected of families and kids but I will not unless we deepen it on another thread. From my perspective 7 on 7 is not very valuable. I will admit I do not like the 21 player limit on any time period. Nor for any sport. I can only guess at the reasons for it and Btango you would understand better than I. One week dead period at the 4th and kids not being able to work part time, have a family vacation, and have a summer is driving the fringe multi sport athletes off the field.

Numbers are down. Kids need to be kids. Why make it into a job. What, so you can compete with South Carolina. If anything do summer leagues like other sports and take it out of the hands of the school and coaches. Then it's truly dedicated football kids like AAU and Showcase teams in baseball and basketball. Florida has proved summer leagues work. I would rather my kid enjoyed sports instead of being pressured into devoting his life to the demands made by football coaches. Can't see how running 20 plays 1500 times makes you better than the 750 you once did. It's the same freaking plays.

Poor and middle class kids don't have moms and dads handing them insurance money, cars, tag, and maintenance fees every week. They are forced to make decisions. Football or summer work to have a ride. Ever picked up a hot girl on a moped? I assure you she will not be hot if she is dating a high school kid on a bike or moped.

I welcome that debate and fully intend to address it with a thread after the season ends. I will be attending East Lincoln vs Lincolnton tonight. Catholic is on the agenda next week if they win.

The coaches meeting in to decide such things takes place in February at the annual meeting on Friday night at about 10pm.

It was my understanding that the meeting was on Sat. at the luncheon meeting.

Leave it in head coaches hands on season practices? You
mean put the devil in charge of the sermon? Coaches should not under any
circumstances determine what is good for STUDENT.ATHLETES. Why would I
put decisions on abusing my child''s time and commitment in the hands of
a person already abusing the needs of the student athlete. They already
practice enough and it has been expanded. This is high school
gentlemen. They are not on scholarship as gladiators for coaches and the
community. This as a parent of former football athletes (recent) I have
very, very strong feelings about.

I will have to disagree with you on thisw point. The majority of HS FB coaches are very good at doing what is best for their players. because you are not a cioach I doubt that you will understand this. Where do you think all of the good ideas that are implemented come from. They all come from the FB coaches. I hate that you have such a low opinion of the FB coaches, but the truth is they care more about the kids than do the ADs and principals. I doubt that your child has been abused any. If your child had been abused I doubt that you would allow him to be abused. I will bet that the coaches would do a better job of utalizing your kids time than do the AAU, fall ball, and all the other non school organizations. Are you one of those people who would like for your kid to only be allowed to show up Aug. 1 and play through the season and not be allowed to do any FB related activities the rest of the year and then complain that your kid was screwed over for a scholarship? You only get out what you put in. My suggestion to you is if your kid does not want to put in the time to get better then he needs to be satisfied with sitting on the bench. You only get out of something what you put into something. They are not on scholarship but many are trying to earn a scholarship. For many this is their only way to go to college.

No.1 last February it was Friday night. I attended it since I was in the area as an observer.

One week dead period at the 4th and kids not being able to work part
time, have a family vacation, and have a summer is driving the fringe
multi sport athletes off the field.

Kids are not relegated to being at school all day and all night. Most schools give the kids an option to come either in the AM or the PM three days a week to get all of their lifting and running in. The ones who are involved in 7 on 7's may have to be there in the late afternoon a couple of days a week. None of these things prevent them from working a summer job. My two worked in the summers and never missed a FB activity. They also looked forward to going to the FB workouts. I actually had to discourage them from doing more. I can see a kid who is not dedicated complaining to his parent that he is tired of doing all of this FB stuff during the summer. Those types of kids probably should not be playing anyway. There are actually two dead periods, not one. My guess is that most FB coaches have zero problem with kids going on vacation or missing a 7 on 7. I will agree that there are too many coaches who are so gung ho on winning all the 7 on 7 championships they can in a summer that they take all of this to the extreme. In one sentence you say you want less and in another sentence you say have summer leagues. To me that does not make a bit of sense. Do you honestly think those coaches will make them put in less time. Those AAU, Elite, Travel, etc. coaches are notorious for doing just the opposite. As a former FB coach why would I want to entrust my players with a bunch of other amateur coaches during a summer league who know very little about coaching FB. To me the summer is a time I enjoyed seeing a different side of my players. Not all summer long is devoted to running plays. A lot of time is spent on getting bigger, faster and stronger as well as working on fundamentals. It all comes down to priorities. My bet is that if a kid is a good FB player the girls will supply the rides. The ones who are not will be the moped riders.

btango. Fri. night at 10:00 PM is the worse possible time to have this type of meeting. No wonder the meeting was attended by very few coaches.

Originally posted by No. #1 Ram:

He played both ways. At 14 on varsity as freshman. Played both ways, every play but four plays sophomore year on varsity, lead team in tackles, punt team, punt return, kickoff, kickoff return. Poor kid never had a chance did he? He must have sucked. I'll tell him in No.1's eyes he was a loser and daddy was bitter. LMAO. Burned out senior year with bad coach, begged, begged to play. Coach even asked him five days before first game and said he would start him that Friday. if he would come back and do three practices. Yes, there are a lot of bad coaches. Who does such?

I CALL IT TOO MUCH. Got his water after the game in the fieldhouse. Fourth in nation in wrestling wins. I must be bitter right? Must have sucked right? Man get a grip on yourself No.1. It's coaches like you who have said I don't know why a kid should ever wrestle, coaches only look after the kid, and want kids to devote every waking moment to football. Damn right, I call the shots for my kid, not a win seeking FB coach. Screw school and a life. You simply amaze me No. 1. You really do. Go back to insulting everyone on the 2A board.

As Distance would say.........stepping off my soap box

A few people mentioned how I could prove 4 Forsyth county schools had a junior on JV and varsity. It's not hard you just get the rosters from each team most teams a quick Google search and just cross it with the JV team. That's how I found four schools that have broken that rule. Then use film to confirm the number on the side line. I'm not gonna be the guy that turns these teams it but if the NCHSAA/ Schools did an investigation a lot of teams are going to be in a lot of trouble.

I am sorry that your son experienced such a terrible coach. Could it be that he really did not love the gamer of FB as much as his coach did. Don't blame every coach in the USA because your son had a bad experience. The fact is it could have been that your son was not as interested in being the best FB player he could be as his coach was for him. Apparently you have not read any of my posts in which I advocate kids playing multiple sports. I made it a point of emphasis that kids get burned out from specializing and need the variety of playing more than one sport. However, there are numerous kids who do this and are happy doing it. Your calling the shots for your kid is a a shame. Perhaps it was you calling the shots that burned him out. I never called the shots for my kids. I told them both to work hard and to be as good as they could be. Wrestling is more time oriented (every Sat. as well as during the week) is filled with matches and tournaments, so he gets burned out from being asked to spend more time in FB and he is fine with spending every day for 5 months in wrestling as well as all the spring and summer AAU wrestling they do. That is difficult for me to buy. I would hate for your son to have not had a coach who was interested enough in winning that he was not willing to go the extra mile to prepare the kids to win. I hate to tell you but a coach cannot have a kid practice 5 days and then play so this part is not the truth. I never said he was a loser, but it does seem as if his dad is bitter. BTW I spend more time on the 3A board than I do on the 2A board.

Forsythfootball. Perhaps you need to send this information along with names to the NCHSAA. Talking about it on here does no good. If you are sincere then you need to report this specific information to them.

Originally posted by No.1RamsFan:
Forsythfootball. Perhaps you need to send this information along with names to the NCHSAA. Talking about it on here does no good. If you are sincere then you need to report this specific information to them.
He will have to sign his name to it if he sends it to NCHSAA. Still trying to see how WS/FC schools continue to get brought into this. They are not Guilford County where it seems every year some school is in trouble in some sport.

No.1 Ram being a former coach you are really sensitive. You need to go back and look at the statements you have made about other sports and what makes an athlete. Remember the "I don't know why kids wrestle, there are more scholorships for football". Remember when Coach Atwood came on to discuss your rant? Typical of the kind of coach no successful sports school need for a football coach. The point was they have enough practise time and need a life. Period.

I know coach and ad personally I stopped posting because no matter what Dudley has alot of haters on here and my input is going to be wrong I support the coach and AD and team all I can say is those without sin cast the first stone if you know Davis and coach G you know their hearts
so you guys with teams left good luck
also its not cheating unless their is an unfair advantage we might have violated a rule I can deal with that but it's not like the players where to old or we paid refs we don't cheat just made a mistake
any team with probation the punishment it's to harsh the act like it's college and these guy are Givin S.A.T scores to plat but hey its all about adults and screw the kids who cares if the kids get scholarships or stay out of trouble in the streets F the kids dreams let's show adult power I'm could care less what yall think of me
to me it's about the kids at these 3 schools do an investigation of the whole state and u will get more

This post was edited on 11/29 1:11 AM by DHS06CENTER69

This post was edited on 11/29 1:19 AM by DHS06CENTER69

Godevilgo I find a lot of kids get burned out if they do not get breaks from sports. When I played every available moment was pretty much sports due to lack of all the electronics and media available to us today. Football to basketball to baseball and track on non baseball game days. Summer was baseball and football workouts. Back then it was two days a week.

My next door neighbor in the 1980's was an Olympic silver medalist wrestler Greco Roman. Later was a GA at Iowa. I asked him one day if he loved wrestling and he said no, that he loved competing. Wrestling always seemed to me to be a sport that really was a complete lifestyle sport more than any other. Had a state finalist (before they did it by classes) live with us his senior season and watched him suck it up. Do not know much about swimming but I hear it is also.

If a kid wants to play let him play and tell him to be the absolute best he can be and do not let the academics slide and enjoy himself. I found the greatest moments for me were on an athletic field but I had a difficult home life. A young man with a great family life and the means to have a lot of options could definitely see the world different.

By the way, and No.1 alluded to this, you would need nine separate days of practice divided out between the non pads / pads protocol.

Remember the "I don't know why kids wrestle, there are more
scholorships for football". Remember when Coach Atwood came on to
discuss your rant?

My point was not made that I did not think that kids should not wrestle. It was to rant on the fact that my experience was that I had encountered many non HS wrestling coaches (non school coaches) who encouraged my FB players not to play FB and would promise them a wrestling scholarship if they concentrated on wrestling and not play FB. You can believe I was upset especially when I was their biggest fan at our HS matches. I was the one who encouraged my FB kids to not only wrestle but play other sports as well. The scholarship comment was to point out that it was easier to get a full ride FB scholarship than it was for wrestling. It had nothing to do with bad mouthing wrestling. It had everything to do with bad mouthing those coaches who tried (and succeeded in some cases) of talking my FB players from playing FB by falsely promising them a scholarship. That part fired me up because nobody should promise that to anybody. I never did. If you had been in my shoes you would have done the same thing. My point is I am confident that the majority of FB coaches feel the same as I do. That they can design a year round program that benefits and develops their FB players while allowing them plenty of time to be a kid as well as playing all the other sports they want to play plus develop their full potential as a FB player. The reason I like the 10 day spring practice is because it actually decreases the amount of time a kid is involved in spring FB activities, plus it can only occur after the last spring sport is completed. Remember, I have two kids and one played only one sport while the other played two sports. Plus, they both worked part time (weekend and summer) jobs. I hate the fact that your son had a bad experience with his coach. I
have no idea who he is. He may have been all that you say he is. I actually am very sensitive when it comes to parents and fans lumping us all into the same mold based on one bad coach. I think the majority of coaches do a good job when it comes to implementing programs that develop our players and allow them plenty of time for themselves. When the NCHSAA first came out with the 2 dead weeks I thought that this was the dumbest thing I ever heard of but after thinking it over I realized that the timing was a great thing, especially the week before practice begins. Do you realize that a 10 day spring practice schedule will actually decrease the amount of time a coach can spend with his players during the spring?

I personally don't have a dog in this fight being from a different county, but I do have a kid that has 8 quartered. Last year he was a freshman and 8 quartered the last four games of the year. In one of them games he did get to go in and play a few plays (1 Quarter) this year he was 8 quartered two games and played in both of them. When he originally came to me and said he was going to dress out for the varsity game after playing the jv game I asked if this was legal. Thats when I was told about the 8 quarter rule. It took me all of ten minutes to google the rule and read all about it. It is one page in the rule book under the section "8 Quarter Rule" not hard to find, not hard to read. It clearly states that the form has to be filled out and filled on the day of the game. It also says that the follow up form has to be completed and filed the first school day after the varsity game. The biggest issue that I have is with the kids health. I would pick my son up early from school on Friday evening, and take him to the doctors office where he would be checked out. After the check up the doctor would sign the form. Yes, the form has to be signed by the HC, AD, Principal, Parent, and TRAINER/DOCTOR. By not filling out the paperwork I'm guessing that the kids did not see a doctor. If this is the case all involved should be fired for putting 15, and 16 year old kids at risk. Everyone on here can say its not that big of a deal because it didn't effect the outcome of the games, but yes it is a big deal when someone like a Head Coach put young kids health at risk.

Originally posted by ForsythFootball:
A few people mentioned how I could prove 4 Forsyth county schools had a junior on JV and varsity. It's not hard you just get the rosters from each team most teams a quick Google search and just cross it with the JV team. That's how I found four schools that have broken that rule. Then use film to confirm the number on the side line. I'm not gonna be the guy that turns these teams it but if the NCHSAA/ Schools did an investigation a lot of teams are going to be in a lot of trouble.
Just because a kid is on BOTH rosters, Junior or ANY other classification, doesn't mean he played both games that week. People do not change rosters. We have a Varsity roster with 9th and 10th graders names and numbers on it, just in case they do dress, via 8th quarter or they might actually be playing only varsity that week. That is there varsity jersey number when they do dress on Friday. Rosters means nothing. You will need to get roster and go to JV tape and Varsity tape or interview the kid directly. And you might be right, but if that is what you are going on, your detective skills needs some work!!!! lol

Hell, we even still have kids on our roster that is not even on the team!!! See can you find them on the sideline. Even better, when you sitting in the stands and one of your kids is call a different name because he wanted to wear a different number of a kid that quit and you did not change the number. Even Friday Football Fever had the wrong names because they used MaxPreps and them numbers have not been updated since Pictures.

I think I got my point across, CSI.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT