ADVERTISEMENT

New Bern's Hughes to UNC

Originally posted by lum1-h-dogg:

Great get for the Heels! Both players should be great at UNC!

Yep, get to play football, don't have to go to classes...life will be great!

Mr. Bear,
Just wondering what the QB situation was looking like for NB next year with Hughes graduating?

CT
ymgr6s-i.jpg
[/URL]

I heard that Hughes was going to enroll early at Carolina, but hasn't. Does anybody know if he is having 2nd thoughts? Academic issues? Or something different. This kid was a lot of fun to watch on Friday nights and looking forward to see him play at the next level.

All reports are that he is fully committed to them and UNC to him. There are no problems on UNC's side admitting him per reports but something is amiss as he was on campus for about a week trying to get cleared. Many have questioned if it was an NCAA Clearinghouse issue but were told no. Later was reported that it is a personal issue. No idea what it could be. If medical he could still enroll.

The big disappointment here is that he graduated early so he cannot return to New Bern and play any sports or attend class. He will have the UNC work out plan to follow and I am sure will be much like a player that leaves school after declaring for the draft, all football related physical fitness.

Good luck to him!

i read or heard he would be a defensive back. is that true if and when he gets on campus? we are getting some athletic qb/athletes with hughes and ladowski. btango do you know if they recruited ladowski for qb or athlete?

ah yeah, ladowski is on baseball scholarship, currently he not planning to play football at UNC

Last I heard from the Ladowski camp was that he would only play baseball.

Originally posted by 19UNC64:

ah yeah, ladowski is on baseball scholarship, currently he not planning to play football at UNC
There is also a rule in place, or used to be, about baseball guys not being able to play football for a couple years if they are recruited for baseball. Otherwise they would count as football scholarships.

John Broward[/B] þ @ ACCRecruitingXP[/B] 32m 32 minutes ago

unc is now promising bryce love the pr/kr duties that they promised # toldya[/B]

Doesn't sound real good for Hughes ... I hope this isn't the case.

Originally posted by Screamin' Monk:

unc is now promising bryce love the pr/kr duties that they promised # toldya[/B]

The punt return duty is not going to either one of them next season. That is staying with Ryan Switzer. I would expect Love to most likely see some time on kickoff returns.

It had been speculated that Hughes could get some looks on both sides of the ball but I think with him not getting into school for the spring practices would keep that from happening his freshman year if it was in the cards at all.

UNC cleared Hughes for spring classes. Hughes was on campus for a week waiting to get in. Supposedly he was good with the NCAA Clearinghouse. The reason for not being admitted was "personal reasons". If it is medical he could still go to school. He graduated from New Bern and cannot return to school. Does anyone have any idea what the deal is???

I saw on one recruiting website that Oklahoma is coming hard & heavy after Hughes before signing day.

Originally posted by btango:

Originally posted by Screamin' Monk:

The punt return duty is not going to either one of them next season. That is staying with Ryan Switzer. I would expect Love to most likely see some time on kickoff returns.

It had been speculated that Hughes could get some looks on both sides of the ball but I think with him not getting into school for the spring practices would keep that from happening his freshman year if it was in the cards at all.

UNC cleared Hughes for spring classes. Hughes was on campus for a week waiting to get in. Supposedly he was good with the NCAA Clearinghouse. The reason for not being admitted was "personal reasons". If it is medical he could still go to school. He graduated from New Bern and cannot return to school. Does anyone have any idea what the deal is???
Three little letters in the alphabet.

Three little letters with a score included in? From all the thoughts flying around that has not been the consensus. It is always a personal issue and that he was good to go with the NCAA and UNC but that never made sense to me.

It sounds a lot like the Kevin Reddick situation when he enrolled in summer school and then had to go to Hargrave. Hope not.

Originally posted by btango:
Three little letters with a score included in? From all the thoughts flying around that has not been the consensus. It is always a personal issue and that he was good to go with the NCAA and UNC but that never made sense to me.

It sounds a lot like the Kevin Reddick situation when he enrolled in summer school and then had to go to Hargrave. Hope not.
I saw somewhere that he had a conversation with Kevin Reddick recently, but there could be several reasons ... Both are from New Bern, Both went or going to Carolina ... Or maybe prep school.

I was told by an AD there a couple weeks before the Championship game that he was good to go anywhere with his grades and scores - I sure hope nothing has changed.

Originally posted by daviekid:
I was told by an AD there a couple weeks before the Championship game that he was good to go anywhere with his grades and scores - I sure hope nothing has changed.
He was good to go with them grades there is no question on that. But he may have to repeat something to prove its real. Before anyone accuses me of sour apples on NC State the same would have happened had he committed to State.

When a recruit shows a large test score jump they are often flagged. Not unusual.

Otis' info is correct. He's a great kid and one of the best talents I have ever seen. I can assure everyone there is nothing shady going on. My son played with him at NB and enrolled early at State as a pref walkon so I have been following Pack Pride and The Wolfpacker daily. The rumors and innuendo about this entire event are laughable at best and pretty disturbing at worst. It's all I can do to keep from blasting these posters but based on what I've read, I'll stay away from it there. He's an eighteen year old kid who has done exactly what has been asked of him, picked a school HE wants to play for and attend, but the haters have come out on these sites in droves. I have yet to respond to any of this nonsense and probably never will based on what these guys "guessed" has happened and how most have responded. It's really a shame.
Go Bears!
This post was edited on 1/28 9:12 AM by lovethembears

Originally posted by lovethembears:
Otis' info is correct. He's a great kid and one of the best talents I have ever seen. I can assure everyone there is nothing shady going on. My son played with him at NB and enrolled early at State as a pref walkon so I have been following Pack Pride and The Wolfpacker daily. The rumors and innuendo about this entire event are laughable at best and pretty disturbing at worst. It's all I can do to keep from blasting these posters but based on what I've read, I'll stay away from it there. He's an eighteen year old kid who has done exactly what has been asked of him, picked a school HE wants to play for and attend, but the haters have come out on these sites in droves. I have yet to respond to any of this nonsense and probably never will based on what these guys "guessed" has happened and how most have responded. It's really a shame.
Go Bears!

I knew if anybody would know it would be LTB ... Thanks for clearing that up. I want to see what Hughes can do at the level and like LTB, he is one of the best players I have seen (in person) in the last 10 - 15 years.

Go Bears!

Then you would know I have never bad mouthed him at packpride. I was really hoping he would pick State. I have all idea's he will be cleared to play and UNC got a good one. He just didn't get to enroll early.

Originally posted by Otis4411:
Otis' info is correct. He's a great kid and one of the best talents I have ever seen. I can assure everyone there is nothing shady going on. My son played with him at NB and enrolled early at State as a pref walkon so I have been following Pack Pride and The Wolfpacker daily. The rumors and innuendo about this entire event are laughable at best and pretty disturbing at worst. It's all I can do to keep from blasting these posters but based on what I've read, I'll stay away from it there. He's an eighteen year old kid who has done exactly what has been asked of him, picked a school HE wants to play for and attend, but the haters have come out on these sites in droves. I have yet to respond to any of this nonsense and probably never will based on what these guys "guessed" has happened and how most have responded. It's really a shame. I have been blessed to watch him play and run behind my son for the last few years.
Go Bears!

Then you would know I have never bad mouthed him at packpride. I was really hoping he would pick State. I have all idea's he will be cleared to play and UNC got a good one. He just didn't get to enroll early.
That too is 100% true Otis. I have never seen a negative post come across from you and hope you know I wasn't pointing a finger at you. I get the comments of the others though. They are upset he chose the Heels and so am I. I would have loved to see him still playing with my son, but the bottom line is it's his choice and he's earned the right to make that choice with his ability on the field. He is an extremely talented kid and I have no doubt that he will one day play on Sundays. I was cringing when I saw some of the posts and speculation on those boards and thought if he sees them, he will never change his mind now and play for the Pack. If there was a shred of a chance, it was blown. Who knows, it could have happened.

This post was edited on 1/28 4:08 PM by lovethembears

State has commitments from two of the top backs in the country. North Carolina State now has as good of a running back class as there is in America. Landing Johnny Frasier [/B]to go with Nyheim Hines gives the Wolfpack a dynamic duo for years to come. Frasier publicly flipped from Florida State to NC State on 1/24/15. Hines chose the Wolfpack a month ago. This could have been part of Hughes decision. He is a great running back and will do a great job for Carolina. Dekwa Nichols from Richmond who was a read shirt freshman for State this year. He was a kickoff return man this year. Has been asked to play a DB position next year. He told them that he would play any position they wanted him to play if it would help the team.

This post was edited on 1/28 7:51 PM by AREGOOD

Originally posted by AREGOOD:
State has commitments from two of the top backs in the country. North Carolina State now has as good of a running back class as there is in America. Landing Johnny Frasier [/B]to go with Nyheim Hines gives the Wolfpack a dynamic duo for years to come. Frasier publicly flipped from Florida State to NC State on 1/24/15. Hines chose the Wolfpack a month ago. This could have been part of Hughes decision. He is a great running back and will do a great job for Carolina. Dekwa Nichols from Richmond who was a read shirt freshman for State this year. He was a kickoff return man this year. Has been asked to play a DB position next year. He told them that he would play any position they wanted him to play if it would help the team.

This post was edited on 1/28 7:51 PM by AREGOOD
Ah Mike Hughes is a CB and a damn good one at that. High school coaches in the east will tell you he is the best CB they have ever seen. He may get to play some slot receiver but I doubt you see him in the backfield as a RB.

As for NC State if they don't have the best backfield in the country then they are definitely in the top 3. It's amazing. You have to go back to my childhood days to find a backfield at State to compare to it. Fritts, Hooks, Burden and Young. Roland Hooks I must add was from Vanceboro. I use to tote water to him on the sidelines.

LoveThemBears are you the one that always went to the Bears practice sitting in a chair? If so Clay Jordan has told me a little about you. All good! Maybe I'll see you in April at the spring game.

Originally posted by Otis4411:
LoveThemBears are you the one that always went to the Bears practice sitting in a chair? If so Clay Jordan has told me a little about you. All good! Maybe I'll see you in April at the spring game.
That's me Otis! I've worn holes in 3 of those Coleman folding chairs watching the Bears practice the last 5 years. Just love football my man.Great place to watch it for sure and proud my 2 sons were part of that. Wish my old ass was still out there playing. I actually asked Clay about you at the 2013 NB/Conley game cause I had always liked your posts. All good too! I'll definitely be there in April. Would love to meet you sometime. Kinda pumped about this recruiting class!! They did it up this year. I am now a officially a Wolfpacker. My Duke days are over. Go Pack!

This post was edited on 1/28 7:37 PM by lovethembears

This post was edited on 1/29 8:50 PM by lovethembears

Go Bears!

Cant let stuff on message boards get to you. Reading some of the trash about Frasier flipping on FSU boards is nauseating to say the least. 4 months ago they all loved him, now he is trash and didn't want to compete. Nature of the beast.

Mike will be signing officially with Carolina on February 4th and will start classes next semester. This is per his counselor at NBHS.

FYI

If he doesn't make it to campus I'm going shell and killing all of you.
This post was edited on 1/29 8:06 AM by Heel yes

I always advise parents to stay off the college message boards. 80% of the people on college message boards are fanatical idiots. That love to coach on their couches while going unknown. The Heels while throwing salt has one of the worst. They put Marquez North Dad arrest photo up when he pick Tenn. They said Marquise Williams was a TE, and he should transfer. Not smart enough to capture the Offense. Really threw the kid under the Bus. Now it's Marquise Williams for Heisman! Brian Walkers Mom literally, almost had a Heart Attack after reading what they said about her son after the Notre Dame game. Considering that the majority of these guys spent their entire Football careers in the stands or on the sidelines. They turn into Nick Saban on the message boards. :)

Come on nepsy, not all Carolina fans are like that. You know you have jack asses in every fanbase when something doesn't go their way or a kid decides to commit somewhere else. I know a bunch of state fans that are complete jerks when you talk to them but I don't put all state fans in the same boat if you know what I mean. Just the nature of the beast when your talking about college athletics.
As for Hughes, I'm glad he decided to come to UNC. But if he had decided to go to state that was his choice and would have been happy for him. As for all these rumors going on about him is just pure non sense. From what I've seen and heard it isn't a UNC issue that he's not enrolled. He couldn't be an EE anywhere from what I heard. Sometimes that's just the way it goes. So I say give the young man a break and let him do his thing. I've watched him play my Scots 2 yrs ago and he was great then. Hate I didn't get to see him play us again this year. I just love to watch talent on the field no matter who the kid plays for!

lum1-h-dogg

I agree. There are jerks on every college board.
smile.r191677.gif
I brought up the Heels because 3 of my guys had direct affiliation with the program. I personally stay off of College Boards. Just my opinion but if you are a regular on College Boards, you are most likely a fanatic(Nothing wrong with that), They are difficult people to have logical football conversations with. Or you fall under the other 20%. lol!

This post was edited on 1/29 1:01 PM by nepsy7

College boards are a great way to keep up with recruiting and such. The only reason I posted anything on Hughes here is because do many seemed confused. If they go to UNC's rival board its all lies and it gives the impression it could be medical. (Which it is not) They are only interested in protecting their own ego. Mike will be fine. Hopefully State can counter with a taller receiver with great hands because that is what it will take.

The story's are great! They give great content on what's going on with each program. Go into the threads and you will find out where the nuts hang out. (NOT ALL ARE NUTS) You definitely don't have to look long...lol

Originally posted by nepsy7:
lum1-h-dogg

I agree. There are jerks on every college board.
smile.r191677.gif
I brought up the Heels because 3 of my guys had direct affiliation with the program. I personally stay off of College Boards. Just my opinion but if you are a regular on College Boards, you are most likely a fanatic(Nothing wrong with that), They are difficult people to have logical football conversations with. Or you fall under the other 20%. lol!

This post was edited on 1/29 1:01 PM by nepsy7
no argument from me on that! I love being on the college board to get some inside info on everything that's going on behind the scene's and recruiting. As for the "he said she said" I stay away from all that. I got better things to do than to get into gossip talk. I have met some great ppl on the Carolina board and there's some I wish I hadnt. Just comes with the territoriy..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT