ADVERTISEMENT

New Bern's Hughes to UNC

lord have mercy, did someone actually type that he would/could have been an early enrollee anywhere but unc ? that thought is not supported by a 20 year history of making grades way to "easy".

Originally posted by porky-2:

lord have mercy, did someone actually type that he would/could have been an early enrollee anywhere but unc ? that thought is not supported by a 20 year history of making grades way to "easy".
First off it's too not to, you need to get that right if you are going to talk academics.

Second, if you are one of those people who didn't know athletes get grades handed to them on every level you are dumber than the to/too indicates.

third, unc has the highest incoming sat scores of any in-state school. So if those kids are not smart enough to get their own grades what are the idiots going to your school doing.

news flash! Athletes are not as smart as the general student population and they get grades and extra benefits.

who would have thunk it?

Heel & porky, quit hijacking this thread about MIKE HUGHES ... Go to the Carolina and/or NC State message board and talk about how everybody does it. Carolina's past cheating doesn't (as far as I can tell) involve Hughes, Several asked (Including myself) why he didn't enroll early and people with good connections gave answers to why. I have seen Hughes play and is one of the best and hope things work out so I can watch him on Saturdays. Good luck to Mike Hughes.

This post was edited on 1/31 8:31 PM by Screamin' Monk

Originally posted by Screamin' Monk:

Heel & porky, quit hijacking this thread about MIKE HUGHES ... Go to the Carolina and/or NC State message board and talk about how everybody does it. over there Carolina's past cheating doesn't (as far as I can tell) involve Hughes, Several asked (Including myself) why he didn't enroll earlier and people with good connections gave answers to why. I have seen Hughes play and is one of the best and hope things work out so I can watch him on Saturdays. Good luck to Mike Hughes.

Monk I'm glad if I was able to help you understand what is going on with Mike. I don't know him personally but I do have some insight in what has happened. I'm as big a ABC'er as you can find but if Mike's favorite school is UNC and that is where he wants to play then more power to him. He is a great athlete and what I would consider a shut down corner. I saw much speculation about him and there is complete bs in the thread about him on UNC's rival site and I can't dispute them there or even post there so I did it here so that guy's like you would hear the truth. As for UNC I still think he is going to be able to enroll after everything is cleared up. He is not the first athlete to have to jump through hoops for the clearinghouse. Maybe with all this extra time he will see the light and come back over from the dark side!!
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Heel yes:

First off it's too not to, you need to get that right if you are going to talk academics.

Second, if you are one of those people who didn't know athletes get grades handed to them on every level you are dumber than the to/too indicates.

third, unc has the highest incoming sat scores of any in-state school. So if those kids are not smart enough to get their own grades what are the idiots going to your school doing.

news flash! Athletes are not as smart as the general student population and they get grades and extra benefits.

who would have thunk it?
Nice deflection.

Originally posted by crestcharger02:

Originally posted by Heel yes:

who would have thunk it?
Nice deflection.
and you don't know the meaning of deflection.

You impressed me. Didn't answer the question about Carolina's decades of cheating or questionable admits. An impressive change of direction from the conversation and the usual hubris we've come to love from Carolina.

so ,we're in agreement that the Carolina way was always fraudulent hyperbole.

Originally posted by Screamin' Monk:

Mike Hughes signed his LOI with Carolina this morning
Congrats on Mike Hughes. Hate we didn't get him but if he really wanted to be at UNC I'm not going to knock him. He is something special for sure.

Late on this thread but thought I'd chime in. LTB is right, nothing shady going on here. He just had to take a different route. He will be enrolling here in the next few months and will make an immediate impact in 2015.

Originally posted by NBBears20124ACHAMPS:
Late on this thread but thought I'd chime in. LTB is right, nothing shady going on here. He just had to take a different route. He will be enrolling here in the next few months and will make an immediate impact in 2015.
Where is here??

Nothing shady ever goes on there

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT