ADVERTISEMENT

ND vs WF

BlackKnightNut

May 13, 2007
No conference title showdown this year, but the stakes are still high for seeding purposes and of course it's a rivalry. North will look to put as many points on the board as possible while trying to limit west forsyth's powerful running game. Good luck to both teams and may the best one win this final CPC showdown.

Reactions: Sportsnut17
Run defense really concerns me in this one. I'm having flashbacks to Tabor. I expect ND to score some points, but the boys are going to have to dig deep for some stops.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
You are so Right!
The loser could get a Terrible seed.... a ND win Will create a drawing for 2nd place with Tabor, West & ND ... I think...(That drawing will be huge)

If West doesn't draw 2nd place they would face East Forsyth, Butler or Page in the MidWest "Pod of Death" 1st round. A West win versus ND and they get outright second, a home game and duck those 3 for a round or two.

North Davidson has a better offense and West has a better defense. The West offense stuggles at times and they need great QB play to be effective. I would rather have a better offense this time of year. West is very predictable on offense.
I expect a low scoring tight game... ND has West Forsyth number; kinda like the way West has Tabor's number.

The more I think about it, it's going to be an awesome affair when ND's offense faces KJ Henry & West defensive pressure! North Dsvidson's QB Butts vs West Forsyth's DB McMillion and that secondary is going to great...Nobody but Davie's Chris Reynolds has had success vs West Forsyth throwing the ball... and he only put up 20pts on West; but it was enough. East Forsyth ran enough to beat West by 10pts

And Yes, I don't give Parkland a chance to beat Davie County on Senior Night. It's the last time they play a regular season game in that stadium after 56 years. Congrats Davie= CPC Champs

Last edited:
Reactions: daviekid
East forsyth will be 4A not 4aa.

I like west in this one, I've seen east forsyth play both teams. Im sure ND will get a few long touchdown passes but west will dominate the line of scrimmage

CPC....I agree with a lot of your points including the seeding scenarios and the Davie/PHS game. I do however think this will be a game in the mid 30s. Last year was a shootout and one of the most exciting games I've been to in a long time (Scotland and C Catholic were too exciting if that's possible).

With the exception of Tabor (and let's be honest the wheels feel off that one for ND in a lot of ways including the offense), nobody has really held the ND offense in check. ND has scored 31 or more per game in all but one game this year. West has athletes so they always have a chance, they also have some really good football players and are historically well coached. I won't go so far out on the limb as to say the number of points scored, but do believe it will be a TD or less margin of victory (regardless who wins).

Very sad to leave the CPC. It was a really competitive conference this year, maybe more so than any other conference in the state in 2016.

East forsyth will be 4A not 4aa.

I like west in this one, I've seen east forsyth play both teams. Im sure ND will get a few long touchdown passes but west will dominate the line of scrimmage

Forsyth....I saw something on Carolina Varsity yesterday regarding the likely playoff brackets and estimated ADMs and East was a few notches above the 4A/4AA cutoff line. I think there were at least 2 schools below them. I realize its all speculation at this point. If East goes 4A, then the midwest 4A bracket is even uglier....

As to the outcome, not sure that the line of scrimmage is going to be the deciding factor (at least not for West). I could see a healthy dose of shotgun, quick passes, etc coming toward the Titans Friday night. We don't exactly try to run teams off the field, so line of scrimmage is relevant, but not the only way to move the ball in this case.

I don't see any type of game in the 30's; however the 2015 BlackKnights did score the most points on West & won a shootout last year. If ND scores 24+ they will win.

This Game has the two best kickers in the State! The West punter can boom punts as well... Special Teams and these fast return guys is huge.

West best win may have been against AC Reynolds who is crushing teams after week 2

Is the West D really that good? I have only seen a little bit of Hudl film, will have to check that out. Knew about a few of their studs, but didn't realize the D was supposed to be that elite. Checked out MaxPreps and they definitely aren't allowing too many points. I will take what CPC said and put a slight spin on it...If ND doesn't score at least 27 points, not sure that we win. Hope so anyway.

Is the West D really that good? I have only seen a little bit of Hudl film, will have to check that out. Knew about a few of their studs, but didn't realize the D was supposed to be that elite. Checked out MaxPreps and they definitely aren't allowing too many points. I will take what CPC said and put a slight spin on it...If ND doesn't score at least 27 points, not sure that we win. Hope so anyway.
if you look at that Regan film Elite is not what would come to mind. They look the part up front but they got gashed for a number of big play on the outside and up the gut. Penalties killed Regan.

Carolina Varsity is estimating ADM's, I have to say how dumb is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They can't
possibly have a clue! IT's insane!

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
They usually seem to have their act together (Carolina Varsity that is). I would be willing to bet their number is based on something objective, even if it is historical data or averages.

Something has to give!..West Forsyth defense is statiscally(allowing 13 a game) the best under Coach Snow's 9 years and is number 1 in the CPC. North Davidson averaging 42 a game which is #1 in the CPC.

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/pr...cle_97b488b3-ed4c-5a3a-9d52-2e11e485ac4b.html

"West Forsyth travels to Welcome tonight to take on North Davidson in a matchup pitting the Central Piedmont 4-A’s best scoring offense versus the conference’s best scoring defense.

The Titans, who need a win and a Davie County loss to clinch a share of their second consecutive conference championship and 3 out of the last 4 CPC Titles, are limiting opponents to just 13.2 points per game, the lowest mark in any of coach Adrian Snow’s nine years leading the program."

"On the other side, North Davidson is averaging more than 42 points per game on offense, including last week’s 56-point output in a 28-point win over Parkland. Senior quarterback Joe Butts needs 227 more passing yards to top the 3,000-yard mark"
Winston Salem Journal

Last edited:
Carolina Varsity is estimating ADM's, I have to say how dumb is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They can't
They started using last years ADM's(guessing) The updated predictions are up now with the ADM's from DPI.

Great Game! West Forsyth 43-42 over ND ..It was totally opposite of the kinda game I expected..ND offense is the best West has faced; West should get a good seed. Wins over AC Reynolds, Mt Tabor & North Davidson highlight a 9-2 reg. season. It's a really young team..

Using last year's ADMs until this year's were released was dumb?

OK, genius, what would've been the smart thing to do? This should be a real high comedy answer here...

Great Game! West Forsyth 43-42 over ND ..It was totally opposite of the kinda game I expected..ND offense is the best West has faced; West should get a good seed. Wins over AC Reynolds, Mt Tabor & North Davidson highlight a 9-2 reg. season. It's a really young team..
Aren't they young every year with next year being the year? Sounds familiar...

Another great game, another heart-breaker for my Black Knights. Caldwell was the best athlete on the field in the second half. He must have had 250 yards combined rushing and receiving. And WF found a passing game in the second half. I thought for sure ND wins if it turns into a shootout, but not to be. WF converted several 3rd and longs and executed a fake punt that looked to be shut down in the backfield. Crazy game.

Oh well, on the road week one.

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
Well I couldn't make it to the game, but it sounds like same song different verse. Our O can score on anyone, and our D continues to be nonexistent against good 4A teams. Playoffs will be interesting, hoping we get a decent draw. Congrats to West, this one hurts just hearing about it.

Thought we'd lose :/

Very disappointing last year in a CPC, we leave it with a whimper.

But anything can happen in playoffs

Aren't they young every year with next year being the year? Sounds familiar...

Not really, they were a veteran team last year, won the CPC and made it to the 3rd Rd of playoffs. This year, they have only two starting seniors; and return all their D-1 recruits, so next year; they will be a veteran team. Put that in your mental notes file.:D

You are so Right!
The loser could get a Terrible seed.... a ND win Will create a drawing for 2nd place with Tabor, West & ND ... I think...(That drawing will be huge)

If West doesn't draw 2nd place they would face East Forsyth, Butler or Page in the MidWest "Pod of Death" 1st round. A West win versus ND and they get outright second, a home game and duck those 3 for a round or two.

North Davidson has a better offense and West has a better defense. The West offense stuggles at times and they need great QB play to be effective. I would rather have a better offense this time of year. West is very predictable on offense.
I expect a low scoring tight game... ND has West Forsyth number; kinda like the way West has Tabor's number.

The more I think about it, it's going to be an awesome affair when ND's offense faces KJ Henry & West defensive pressure! North Dsvidson's QB Butts vs West Forsyth's DB McMillion and that secondary is going to great...Nobody but Davie's Chris Reynolds has had success vs West Forsyth throwing the ball... and he only put up 20pts on West; but it was enough. East Forsyth ran enough to beat West by 10pts

And Yes, I don't give Parkland a chance to beat Davie County on Senior Night. It's the last time they play a regular season game in that stadium after 56 years. Congrats Davie= CPC Champs

After the conference Champl, what place you come in the conference doesn't help your seed, win totals.

Well I couldn't make it to the game, but it sounds like same song different verse. Our O can score on anyone, and our D continues to be nonexistent against good 4A teams. Playoffs will be interesting, hoping we get a decent draw. Congrats to West, this one hurts just hearing about it.
That about sums it up. The D actually looked good on first and second down, but WF continually made big plays on 3rd and long. The Dback situation just never seems to get better, and I know those kids on the corners are good athletes.

Butts didn't have his best passing game, but Boyce was a beast on the ground. 225 on 23 carries.

That about sums it up. The D actually looked good on first and second down, but WF continually made big plays on 3rd and long. The Dback situation just never seems to get better, and I know those kids on the corners are good athletes.

Butts didn't have his best passing game, but Boyce was a beast on the ground. 225 on 23 carries.

Yeah the DBs looked bad. Also too many dropped passes and North didn't have time(protection) to throw longer pass plays. North didn't throw their quick slants and pop passes very much that has been successful for them all year. But offense did their part.

Last edited:
The way Boyce was running the ball all ND had to do was give him the rock and let him take care of it. That kid was unreal last night. #6 for ND caught my eye too at WR..... serious speed

The way Boyce was running the ball all ND had to do was give him the rock and let him take care of it. That kid was unreal last night. #6 for ND caught my eye too at WR..... serious speed

Boyce was great last night. Offense wasn't the problem last night or all year.

TJ is a beast. I was glad he got a chance to show off in front of quite a few of the college recruiters who were there last night (Wake Forest, Virginia Tech, Tulsa and NC State all had guys there last night). It would be hard to ignore the game he had (against what was supposed to be a very good WF defense). A lot of yards after contact, hit the holes hard, ran downhill, good vision/cutbacks, held onto the ball, didn't try to do too much. I have enjoyed getting to know him this year and think he has a bright future. Same thing I have said about Joe for a year now, not sure why he is not getting more looks. He is D-1 worthy IMO. Maybe it will heat up for him once the season ends. Glad to have him back for 1 more year. Think he could have Zamir like numbers next year in 2A....

Boyce doesn't have any d1 offers? Coulda fooled me the way he looked last night

It was his best game of the year in what has been a very good year for him. The heart and soul of the offense has been Butts, quickest release I have seen at the high school level.

Db's have been the issue for some years for Norths good teams.

Happy for Boyce, glad his year has been great.

BlueStar...Butts have any baseball offers? I know coaching against him this summer in Legion that he was pretty impressive at SS and hitting lead off for Davidson-Lexington Post 8

Db's have been the issue for some years for Norths good teams.

Happy for Boyce, glad his year has been great.

The loss at Tabor showed me what kind of kid Boyce is. ND was getting blown out in the 4th, and nobody on the field was playing harder and more physical than Boyce.

Reactions: BlueStar12
Who was that TE for West Forsyth.... #10? I heard he's a baseball player? JW why they use him to block... someone his size would terrorize teams down the middle

He looked like he was all of like 6'6-6'7. Kinda a lean frame which surprised me that he would be used as a run blocking TE. Someone at the game told me he's a left handed pitcher for WF too.

I'm so glad to hear that TJ had a great game last night and as a Carver fan we did have some good backs who were 3 & 4 year starters as seniors. However TJ definitely would've started for us this year but I'm glad he's just getting an opportunity to show what he can do. I wish he was still showing it at Carver but I'm just happy for the kid and his family that he's showing and proving what we already knew. We also played TJ at linebacker and he was a monster on defense too!! Just a physical hard nose kid who loves contact!!

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
That game made me even more sad that we didn't join that conference in the new realignment... there's some great football being played up that way

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT