ADVERTISEMENT

NCPreps Elite 8 1A Rankings - Week 11

Deana_King

Staff
May 31, 2001
Here are the latest rankings in the NCPreps.com Elite 8 for Week 11 of the NC high school football season.

These rankings are sponsored by XPloderBar.

NCPREPS.COM ELITE 8 1A RANKINGS
1. Tarboro (9-0)
2. East Surry (9-0)
3. Holmes (8-0)
4. Murphy (8-1)
5. Robbinsville (9-0)
6. Princeton (8-0)
7. Mitchell (8-1)
8. Mount AIry (7-2)

I freely admit I have and can be wrong but where in the link does it state the game will be dropped for playoff seeding. I was under the impression this went away when the NCHSAA went to using max preps adjusted rankings.

It says wont be counted against 10 game limit but dont see any playoff wording.

Again not looking to be confrontational bit just trying to increase my knowledge on how playoffs are seeded.

Go Mountaineers

The lastest NCHSAA adjusted 10/28/19
Does not include results of last night's game.

1 Tarboro
2 Robbinsville
3 East Surry
4 Murphy
5 Holmes
6 Princeton
7 Mount Airy
8 Swain County
9 Mitchell
10 Elkin

With consideration to last night, I would have ES and Robbinsville flip. Swain drop out, Mitchell up 1, Polk 9th and Elkin 10.

After last night I think Robbinsville is now the 1a favorite. (Let us see what happens with the Murphy game, that could change)

Go Mountaineers

I said to guys last night that the Robbinsville swain score does the almost impossible and makes Murphy a home underdog to the Knights...good spot for Murphy to be in

When Robbinsville goes on the road and defeats the reigning 2a state champ that had a 38 home game winning streak in Reidsville like East Surry did then the flip flop is warranted. But Robbinsville did anihilate Swain!!! They deserve mad props for that.

Reactions: btango and jsc1973
due to the MAXPREPS system no need to drop games anymore...where you finish in league and rankings by MP sets it up...I thought the same thing

When Robbinsville goes on the road and defeats the reigning 2a state champ that had a 38 home game winning streak in Reidsville like East Surry did then the flip flop is warranted. But Robbinsville did anihilate Swain!!! They deserve mad props for that.
Robbinsville is ranked #2 and East Surry is #3.

Folks this will all take care of itself in the next few weeks. IMO Robbinsville should be 3 with East Surry 2. Robbinsville will be small, E Surry big so it really doesn't matter. Tarboro, E Surry, Robbinsville, Murphy and Mitchell all control their own destiny at this point, either you take care of business or you don't.

Last edited:
I said to guys last night that the Robbinsville swain score does the almost impossible and makes Murphy a home underdog to the Knights...good spot for Murphy to be in

I’d say they are definitely under dogs. However how’s does a Monday game effect playing essentially 3 days later

I actually moved Robbinsville up in my AP poll voting this week after that Swain result, but no way would I rank them ahead of East Surry. I've been ranking all of Robbinsville, Murphy and Holmes 3-4-5 differently week to week based on how they did. Robbinsville was an easy No. 3 after the Swain game.

Polls are ok .... just something to talk about. Nobody will agree on each teams rankings unless 1 team is head and shoulders above everyone else. Want to be ranked #1 win a state title !!! Then you can say you’re #1 and have proved it. We have a pretty darn good team at Polk and have had a outstanding year have not been in this poll all year and that’s ok with me if we keep winning we may get up there but if we don’t I do t care one way or the other it’s just someone’s opinion.
The whole fuss over being in a poll blows my mind. Just Win Baby Win and someone will make it to the top

Reactions: BigRedFan27
If the RVille/Murphy game was at Robbinsville I'd say Robbinsville 28-21.
At Murphy it's a toss up. Murphy has only loss at home to franklin twice, CS once , and Robbinsville once, I think. Gonna be a huge game. Andrews is next. It's a trap game. I think it will be as close or closer than the Rville/Swain game. Go Black knights!!!

Reactions: Emmasdaddy1
If the RVille/Murphy game was at Robbinsville I'd say Robbinsville 28-21.
At Murphy it's a toss up. Murphy has only loss at home to franklin twice, CS once , and Robbinsville once, I think. Gonna be a huge game. Andrews is next. It's a trap game. I think it will be as close or closer than the Rville/Swain game. Go Black knights!!!
Ditto. You are spot on BK.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT