6. Charlotte Catholic (9-1)
7. Dudley (9-1)
8. Vance (9-1)
9. East Forsyth (10-1)
10. Lake Norman (10-0)
11. Mallard Creek (7-2)
12. Davie County (9-1)
13. Garner (9-1)

HONORABLE MENTION: Hillside (8-1); Cape Fear (9-0); Richmond County (7-2); Hough (7-3); Cardinal Gibbons (9-1); Myers Park (9-1); West Forsyth (8-2); West Johnston (8-1); Pinecrest (8-2);

I think that there are alot of teams that are not rank the way the should be the especial that so called ranking systems

Cape Fear is very underrated
I just don't know if they are. I think they look good on film as well but their scd is very weak. CF may go deep because the East is so weak this year but I don't think they should be ranked any higher than they are.
Here are their 4 best opponents with their class rankings.
71st- 31 (4A) beat 29-27 @ CF
Terry Sanford- 12 (3A) beat 42-35 @ TS
Triton- 34 (3A) beat 28-10 @ CF
Westover-16 (3A) beat 50-28 @ West

I would love to take the teams not into the top 13 except Cape Fear and have them match up this week. Add the four winners to the 14 for 18. Take the 14 best in 3A, 2A, 1A, and private. Allow all classes to be repoed with two 1A teams, four or so 2A, six 3A, and the two finalist in the big private school league. (Semifinals are this Friday.). Seed them statewide 1-32 and go five rounds. I can dream a little, right!?!?

Reactions: portcity FB
What 1A teams would you take? I'm thinking 2 Wallace Rose Hill and Tarboro.

In 2A, the top 4 of Shelby, Clinton, Lincolnton, and Reidsville.

I just don't know if they are. I think they look good on film as well but their scd is very weak. CF may go deep because the East is so weak this year but I don't think they should be ranked any higher than they are.
Here are their 4 best opponents with their class rankings.
71st- 31 (4A) beat 29-27 @ CF
Terry Sanford- 12 (3A) beat 42-35 @ TS
Triton- 34 (3A) beat 28-10 @ CF
Westover-16 (3A) beat 50-28 @ West
This team is as good as your Hoggard team a few years ago and has more talent.

This team is as good as your Hoggard team a few years ago and has more talent.
Maybe. Lets see where the numbers end up. That Hoggard team avg 34 ppg and their def gave up 11 ppg thru 14 games. CF is avg 42 ppg and giving up 16 ppg thru 9 games. Things tighten up in the playoffs. SOS is probably pretty close. I hope this CF team is alot better than that 2014 CF team. There were many people high on them and were picking them to beat the 2014 Vikings and CF got hammered 38-7.
I have concerns about a few teams ahead of CF. Garner has a SOS of 81, Hillside 75, Lake Norman 94. CF could be as good or better than those teams but I dont have a problem with those teams ahead of CF either because their scd has been soft(68) too. Again, I feel CF has a fine team and I wish them well and they have a good chance to go deep this year because there are no dominate teams in the East. I am not hating on them, I am just not sold.

What 1A teams would you take? I'm thinking 2 Wallace Rose Hill and Tarboro.

In 2A, the top 4 of Shelby, Clinton, Lincolnton, and Reidsville.

Sounds good. Throw in six 3A and the winners of this weeks private school semifinal.

Please everyone note this is not something that is viable. Just dreaming a bit. I would be ok with just going back to four state champs.

Maybe. Lets see where the numbers end up. That Hoggard team avg 34 ppg and their def gave up 11 ppg thru 14 games. CF is avg 42 ppg and giving up 16 ppg thru 9 games. Things tighten up in the playoffs. SOS is probably pretty close. I hope this CF team is alot better than that 2014 CF team. There were many people high on them and were picking them to beat the 2014 Vikings and CF got hammered 38-7.
I have concerns about a few teams ahead of CF. Garner has a SOS of 81, Hillside 75, Lake Norman 94. CF could be as good or better than those teams but I dont have a problem with those teams ahead of CF either because their scd has been soft(68) too. Again, I feel CF has a fine team and I wish them well and they have a good chance to go deep this year because there are no dominate teams in the East. I am not hating on them, I am just not sold.
the same thing was said about that hoggard team and they beat my scots and they sure didn't play a monster schedule. all im saying if you are good you are good.

the same thing was said about that hoggard team and they beat my scots and they sure didn't play a monster schedule. all im saying if you are good you are good.
You are right about that. Many people were not sold on the 2014 Hoggard team and I totally understood the concerns. CF looks to have a nice pathway, NB then DHC or SER then NH or CG. I think CF should beat these teams, none of which are ranked above them in this poll.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT