ADVERTISEMENT

NCPreps.com 2A Top 10 Poll - Week 7

Of course things will change as upsets happen, the new ADM numbers get released, and the maxpreps ranking change, causing the 2A/2AA and East/West line to shift....but in all four weeks I've been looking at playoff projections, North Davidson has been in the 2AA East bracket...other teams that have also popped up in that bracket this week are (in no particular order): Randleman, Nash Central, East Duplin, South Granville, Ledford, Roanoke Rapids, Clinton, Greene Central, North Lenoir, St. Pauls, Cummings, Andrews, West Craven, Bunn, and East Davidson....others from previous weeks or other sites I've seen listed in 2AA East that have either been pushed West or pushed to small 2A also could include West Stokes, Forest Hills, and SW Edgecombe, but remember those could come right back...of course ND could very well wind up in the West too, so much moving and shaking will go on with the maxpreps rankings every week

That usually doesn't play out well for you:
W...... 28-12 South Point
Playoffs:
W...... 17-7 South Point

L......... 7-21 South Point
Playoffs:
W...... 16-14 at South Point

W...... 20-19 at South Point
Playoffs:
W ......41-6 South Point

L......... 27-28 South Point
Playoffs:
W...... 35-34 at South Point

Yo, rain man, it's 2017! Judge Wapner is a Red Raider!!

Reactions: SPRedRaider
It's been awhile if I remember correctly when Northeastern was 2AA. Lost to Bunn in the 2nd round by A LOT. Since then they've been 2A. As everyone has stated, 2A/AA east is loaded. I think the 2A East comes down to Northeastern, WRH, South Columbus, or Reidsville if they go east

Wizard I just don't see anyone in the ECC beating East Duplin now that Wallace is out of the way. Yeah we all know Clinton's tradition but just don't think them, spring creek, midway, jk,goldsboro, etc have the horsepower this year.

Reactions: 96panther
Ranking East Duplin behind the perennial paper champs from Northeastern is a slap in the face. The Panthers would maul those boys.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Wizard I just don't see anyone in the ECC beating East Duplin now that Wallace is out of the way. Yeah we all know Clinton's tradition but just don't think them, spring creek, midway, jk,goldsboro, etc have the horsepower this year.
Friday Night1, Clinton can. Anyone that thinks they can look at who they played when and where and the scores. I assure3 you they have her horsepower. I would say ED, WRH and Clinton are about head up but we'll see game 9 and 10 for the DarkHorses. As I said I wouldn't count them and their Hall of Fame Coach out.

im not saying Clinton beating ED is impossible, especially given our history, but ED are very clear favorites in a matchup between us two. ED and WRH are in a class by themselves at the top of the ECC this year.

Right now is the time for East duplin to reflect on the season that they're having take it one game at a time and go out there just play football and win each game that they play every week including the playoffs which is coming up pretty soon Clear Eyes Full Hearts can't lose

Ranking East Duplin behind the perennial paper champs from Northeastern is a slap in the face. The Panthers would maul those boys.
Too funny...."paper champs"... I hope you get to visit the nest come playoff time...then we will see who gets mauled....make sure you bring a extra chin strap, just so you can keep your mouth in place..

Too funny...."paper champs"... I hope you get to visit the nest come playoff time...then we will see who gets mauled....make sure you bring a extra chin strap, just so you can keep your mouth in place..
i must intervene and say that i hope "you" get to visit the "den"!

Battle Holley is the only reason ED has got a real good chance of winning it all.96 of all people questioned Battles game calling before game.

Every championship team has to have a great leader. Every great leader will give credit to others. Battle will not take the credit. ED has their best chance ever.

I will not diminish the level of championships like some. 1a,1aa,2a,2aa,3a, etc. Shelby has won four 2aa championships in a row. They might win their 5th and might be 2a. How could anyone diminish that at any level. WRH THOMASVILLE, ALBEMARLE, etc. Championships are won at any level and earned. If that's not true, then the only champion is the superbowl champion. Just saying

Battle Holley is the only reason ED has got a real good chance of winning it all.96 of all people questioned Battles game calling before game.
any and all coaches have questionable play calling at times. besides, who asked you anything?

I will not diminish the level of championships like some. 1a,1aa,2a,2aa,3a, etc. Shelby has won four 2aa championships in a row. They might win their 5th and might be 2a. How could anyone diminish that at any level. WRH THOMASVILLE, ALBEMARLE, etc. Championships are won at any level and earned. If that's not true, then the only champion is the superbowl champion. Just saying
you still crying because people talked smack about WRH's 1A championships LOL?

You'll be the first to stab him in the back if y'all don't win championship. that's free information since no one asked.

Coming from someone that has never won a championship. LolOTE="96panther, post: 439430, member: 3608"]you still crying because people talked smack about WRH's 1A championships LOL?[/QUOTE]
Com

Who is the hot 2a team out of the west 2 teams to come to mind is

NC and Hibriten when they met in week 4 Hibriten won 18-17 would love to see a playoff rematch

Reactions: N-C Red Devils
You'll be the first to stab him in the back if y'all don't win championship. that's free information since no one asked.
i actually like Battle a lot. the only thing i ever said about his coaching is that i thought he showed nerves the previous times he coached against yall, which is understandable, being WRH is his alma mater. anybody should be able to understand that. apparently you cant.

Coming from someone that has never won a championship. LolOTE="96panther, post: 439430, member: 3608"]you still crying because people talked smack about WRH's 1A championships LOL?
Com[/QUOTE]
go back to 1A!

96panther I agree with you man. I bet if East Duplin was allowed to play in 1A with y'alls 1000 students, y'all would would have 2 State Championship by now.

96panther I agree with you man. I bet if East Duplin was allowed to play in 1A with y'alls 1000 students, y'all would would have 2 State Championship by now.
says the multiple POP WARNER state championship winners. LOL.

how many first rd games in 1A did WRH play against teams with a winning record???

East Duplin and Northeastern did have a two year series from 2011-2012. ED won both contests (39-15,30-20). ED had the Scarborough kid if I remember correctly. Highly doubt the two will meet in the playoffs with ED going 2AA and Northeastern likely going small.

Who is the hot 2a team out of the west 2 teams to come to mind is

NC and Hibriten when they met in week 4 Hibriten won 18-17 would love to see a playoff rematch
2aa is going to be a beast in the West my friend. Especially if North Davidson stays west. You could very well see five teams in the same bracket and all with less than two overall losses: Shelby, South Point, North Davison, Hibriten and Newton-Conover.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT