ADVERTISEMENT

NCPreps.com 2A Top 10 Poll - Week 7

Deana_King

Staff
May 31, 2001
Here are the latest rankings in the NCPreps.com Top 10 Polls for Week 7.

2A
1. South Point (5-0)
2. Reidsville (6-0)
3. Shelby (5-1)
4. Northeastern (5-0)
5. East Duplin (6-0)
6. Hibriten (6-0)
7. Wallace Rose Hill (4-1)
8. Mountain Heritage (5-0)
9. North Davidson (4-1)
10. South Columbus (5-0)

correct me if im wrong. didnt Shelby lose to Southpointe of South Carolina, and not this Southpoint?

If SP wins out, they'll be 2aa and so will ND. Drop one non conference loss. SP will be the higher overall seed based on Maxpreps.
Right now based on pure speculation, I think it will look something like this.
2aa West 1. SP East 1. East Duplin
2a West 1 Reidsville/Shelby East 1 Northeastern
I've been saying it for awhile...2A is loaded. Just imagine if Shelby or Reidsville drop a game and come into playoffs a 2 or 3 seed or let a team like Clinton get hot and draw them in a second round game. Better pull the straps tight from round 2 on

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
If SP wins out, they'll be 2aa and so will ND. Drop one non conference loss. SP will be the higher overall seed based on Maxpreps.
I've been saying it for awhile...2A is loaded. Just imagine if Shelby or Reidsville drop a game and come into playoffs a 2 or 3 seed or let a team like Clinton get hot and draw them in a second round game. Better pull the straps tight from round 2 on
Shelby may go 2aa

I figure they are borderline 2aa based on the fact of the number of 3a dropping down. I figure they'll be close to the cut line. If Reidsville and Shelby split divisions it could be 5 in a row for Shelby and No. 20 for Reidsville. It really is amazing the history of the 2 programs

Reactions: PROFBSCOUT
Adm numbers are 841 for Shelby, problem will be the schools that dropped from 3a will be in 2aa, Shelby prob. Back to 2a

There's a possibility of North Davidson being sent to the east.
What would be interesting is if ND and Reidsville both go east in 2AA/2A respectively.
There would be the possibility of an all western title game in both 2AA/2A

North Davidson will definitely get a high seed, and they will most certainly be 2AA, the big question is whether the will go in the east East or West, depending on who the last few teams to make the playoffs are, and where the 2A/2AA cutline falls. I've done a projection each of the last four weeks and every time, ND has been in the East, but that could change as more conference games get played and the maxpreps rankings start shifting around...if more teams make the playoffs from east of the Triad wind up in 2AA, then ND will get pushed to the West

North Davidson will definitely get a high seed, and they will most certainly be 2AA, the big question is whether the will go in the east East or West, depending on who the last few teams to make the playoffs are, and where the 2A/2AA cutline falls. I've done a projection each of the last four weeks and every time, ND has been in the East, but that could change as more conference games get played and the maxpreps rankings start shifting around...if more teams make the playoffs from east of the Triad wind up in 2AA, then ND will get pushed to the West
My best guess is also 2AA East for N. Davidson.

Shelby and South Point both can't be 1 seeds with the loser being a 2 seed out of their conference.

Northeastern will be top seed whichever way they go 2a or 2aa...and we so glad we get disrespected every week on this bias poll...but the east , big or small will have to go thru the Eagles...#hatersfuelus

Reactions: Jfly69
Northeastern will be top seed whichever way they go 2a or 2aa...and we so glad we get disrespected every week on this bias poll...but the east , big or small will have to go thru the Eagles...#hatersfuelus

I think Northeastern will make a big splash in the playoffs. Some other teams in the east(cough*WRH*cough*WRH*cough) think they will walk through small 2A with no real challenge.

ND most likely going east!

So, you are assuming Northeastern will be seeded above Reidsville who could go 2A East or West??

Heritage sitting solid at number 8. Should win out the rest of the year. The wild card game is the big rivalry with Mitchell but in reality they should win by 2-3 TDs

If Northeastern wins out they will get the #1 seed in the. East regardless , unless they do a coin toss then it will be a 50/50 chance...

If Northeastern wins out they will get the #1 seed in the. East regardless , unless they do a coin toss then it will be a 50/50 chance...
I hope you realize that seedings will be based on MaxPreps ratings and Reidsville is ranked ahead of Northeastern. If Rams are 2A East, they will get the #1 seed, not Northeastern.

Reactions: marsgreen
I wouldn't give ED the east quite yet. There's been only 1 conference game played.

My thoughts exactly, and schools like Clinton, James kenan, and WRH tend to drop a game amongst each other almost yearly. Catch a school like Ayden on a cold play off night and it could be lights out for anyone.

Overall from East to West 2a has some really good teams this year.

Heritage sitting solid at number 8. Should win out the rest of the year. The wild card game is the big rivalry with Mitchell but in reality they should win by 2-3 TDs
Check max preps..thats the rankings used for playoffs

Not so fast my friend. South Columbus will also be 11-0 in 2A East.

Yes you will finished undefeated, but so will South Columbus in 2A East.

Don't forget the rankings change every week, and there's still a lot of moving and shaking to be done, and we know there will be some surprises all over the place in some of the games that get played were right now we think we know who will win...there's always that upset that nobody saw coming that changes everything, not to mention the ADM surprises that push somebody into 2AA or 2A we weren't expecting, or affect where the East/West cut line is.....What's curious to me is which maxpreps rankings will be used....In years past, when the seedings were based on conference finish, then your record, the state would announce seedings sometime on Saturday, the day after the last regular season games, but we could sit down after the scores came in late Friday night into early Saturday morning and figure out the bracket....But now we can only play a guessing game on how that Friday's results will affect the upcoming maxpreps rankings....New maxpreps rankings usually come out late Sunday night, so I wonder what they plans are. I would suspect the options are: 1-the state could try to make arrangements with maxpreps to have that week's rankings posted at least a half day earlier (provided every team can enter their scores by a certain deadline), or 2-they could wait until Monday morning to announce seeds, or 3-(this is what they did last year involving maxpreps rankings, which were only used to break ties), just announce during the week of the last game that the previous week's rankings would be used (which I don't like because that does not take into consideration the last regular season game; i'm thinking surely they wouldn't do this, since these rankings are the end-all be-all of every part of the playoff seeding except who the 1s & 2s are from each conference...I'm guessing they'll go with option 2 that I mentioned because I'm not sure how easy it would be (or possible) for the new rankings to come out early, if we don't get seeds announced until Monday, it will be much quicker than usual time to prepare between first receiving film traded and the first round game on Friday

Reactions: seadog28
Also, everybody don't forget there is no more dropping non-conference games with the maxpreps rankings in play....you could see a team with a loss or two ranked ahead of an undefeated team

Yes sir!

Alrighty then! Now we just have to hope that neither team stubs their toe. Could we have 2 classic battles in one year? If so, Christmas has come early for the seadog family!

That usually doesn't play out well for you:
W...... 28-12 South Point
Playoffs:
W...... 17-7 South Point

L......... 7-21 South Point
Playoffs:
W...... 16-14 at South Point

W...... 20-19 at South Point
Playoffs:
W ......41-6 South Point

L......... 27-28 South Point
Playoffs:
W...... 35-34 at South Point

Reactions: blkgolddynasty
Hmm... Who's out east we might play? I know a lot more about the west, but they keep saying we would go east lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT