ADVERTISEMENT

NCPreps.com 2A Top 10 - Final Regular Season Poll

I never meant to do that, but its the same thing every year. More western teams than the East that gets more accolades at the year end of year regardless what they accomplish. Oh Well!

Yeah but we hear that every year... I have great respect for East Duplin but North Davidson and South Point will have something to say about them winning the title, possibly someone else as at this point a bit of luck helps...

WRH is nice but I dont see anyone beating Reidsville. But hey, I could be wrong.

Why was WRH ranked in the pre-season 2A Poll after playing 1A for several years. It is called respect.

South Point dropped from 3A to 2A and are defending champs and North Davidson was a top 15 to 20 4A squad for the past few years. I can help those schools dropped to 2A and are considered West.

I guarantee I don’t look at where a school is or where a player comes from when doing any of my polls. All-State teams, etc

Ummmmmm I think the guy that had the gripe is an East BLADEN fan not East Duplin

I guess you got confused since Panther96 is on here whining so much?
LMAO! another keyboard warrior i see! why dont you mind your business and pick a team? and its 96panther, not "Panther96". if youre gonna cry and talk trash at least get your facts straight :)

Last edited:
Yeah but we hear that every year... I have great respect for East Duplin but North Davidson and South Point will have something to say about them winning the title, possibly someone else as at this point a bit of luck helps...

WRH is nice but I dont see anyone beating Reidsville. But hey, I could be wrong.
us ED fans are well aware of that. none of us that im aware of have guaranteed anything.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
I was referring to the dude saying it's just gonna be the East winning both this year no matter what.

The best part is that it's put up or shut up time. When the names are on the trophy... discussion will be over. It will be fun to watch. 2a is loaded this year. The champions will have to work for it. The polls give us something to talk about. Lol

Regardless of where a team is, regardless of whatever ranking you get, come playoff time you have to bring your best. Doesn't matter if you're on the road or at home, if you don't bring your A game you'll get beat. Upsets happen every year in every classification. If your team is good enough they will win regardless.

Maiden pulled a 5 seed with an 11-0 record and we aren't on anyone's radar because we are in a "weak" conference but I know our boys will come ready. These past 3 weeks (vs. East Lincoln, Newton, Lincolnton) we've proven we can play through diversity and can bounce back from bad momentum swings.

Good luck to all teams who have made it this far. May the best teams win!!!!

Dogs79 i c the fans at NE(New England Patroits) high school says wrh cant beat them . what u think?

Why was WRH ranked in the pre-season 2A Poll after playing 1A for several years. It is called respect.

South Point dropped from 3A to 2A and are defending champs and North Davidson was a top 15 to 20 4A squad for the past few years. I can help those schools dropped to 2A and are considered West.

I guarantee I don’t look at where a school is or where a player comes from when doing any of my polls. All-State teams, etc
Deana, I've never had a problem with your poll. The west teams should be ranked higher. Hopefully the east will win 2a and 2aa and earn top spots.

Dogs79 i c the fans at NE(New England Patroits) high school says wrh cant beat them . what u think?
Blackdog. To be honest, we have to get our mojo back. I honestly think we could beat anyone in 2a or maybe 3a if we play like we're capable. I just haven't seen it lately. I love our defense, but our offense needs a little help for #3 and #21. Wildcat has helped.

Reactions: daagoob
I think they gonna get it get it together alot of injuries caused them to play alot of underclassmen that were inexperienced which hurt us. Now that they are healthy its back to the bascs and bulldog as usual..

If NE runs the same offense as Havelock,they haven't seen a defense like ours. They better hope their defense can slow us down. Our defense will bend but has never broke. ED will even tell you that.

If NE runs the same offense as Havelock,they haven't seen a defense like ours. They better hope their defense can slow us down. Our defense will bend but has never broke. ED will even tell you that.

Don't worry, the date is getting closer.

good point about Clinton. if NE and Clinton do meet up in the 2nd rd. how NE does against Clinton will tell me a whole lot.

Reactions: dogs79
Clinton need not overlook First Flight. I'm sure you guys will win but The Nighthawks are not going to be pushovers
Understand that East duplin, Clinton, and wrh all come from the same conference. All are battle tested. Are y'all?

I'm not concerned with Northeastern at all at this point I'm only concerned about the Three Rivers Conference teams. East Bladen, South Columbus, Whiteville and etc;

Probably said the same thing last year. How'd that Edenton/SC game go?

The final poll to me looks for the most part a list in order of won-lost records. Does anybody in the state of NC really think that Shelby is only the 8th best 2A team in the state? They are way down there because of 2 losses, but no consideration who they lost to. I am no Shelby fan, but goodness you have to be realistic. I would bet the house that if Shelby played the 7 teams ranked above them, they would come out with at least a 4-3 or 5-2 record and could run the tables. Oh well, it's all speculation anyway. Line em up over the next few weeks. It will all sort itself out in the end.

Understand that East duplin, Clinton, and wrh all come from the same conference. All are battle tested. Are y'all?

Absolutely not, anything but that. Come on Old dog you know that. Just ask anyone south of Maysville. Same thing every year, you know we haven't played anyone the likes of a Clinton, or WRH. We take pride in being NCHSAA footballs Gonzaga.

Look northeastern got Bertie first

YAWN, come on James, I know you're trying to do the right thing, and say the right things but you know Bertie is not a threat. I was at the Bertie game a few weeks ago. It was ugly, I left after the first quarter. I even went home and told my wife that I wish I had spent my $6 at McDonald's. That's the truth

Yeah but you saw what happened last year with edenton anything can happen
You got a point in regards to that, I was absolutely shell shocked after that beating by Edenton. I did not see that happening. I know the coaching staff, fans, and players have not forgotten that game from last year and I do not see a repeat of that happening again this year with any team. I honestly believe that we will easily win the east, I'm not being cocky or arrogant, that is my honest opinion. That being said, I think that we will lose in the state championship game

You got a point in regards to that, I was absolutely shell shocked after that beating by Edenton. I did not see that happening. I know the coaching staff, fans, and players have not forgotten that game from last year and I do not see a repeat of that happening again this year with any team. I honestly believe that we will easily win the east, I'm not being cocky or arrogant, that is my honest opinion. That being said, I think that we will lose in the state championship game
Wrh we be a great test

boy these playoffs are already shaping up to be one of the most fun ones in a long time! it would be a real shame for one of our teams to get caught looking ahead too much and get upset before any of these potential big matchups can take place.

boy these playoffs are already shaping up to be one of the most fun ones in a long time! it would be a real shame for one of our teams to get caught looking ahead too much and get upset before any of these potential big matchups can take place.

I couldn't agree more, oh how foolish we would look lol. Whether your an NHS fan like myself, or a WRH fan. Anythings possible 96

Reactions: 96panther
One. Who do you think NE needs to jump? At this point in the season, what difference does it make? After last Saturday, it makes zero difference. Two. I'm not really a guy that gets into the Western/Eastern back and forth. I really like a 2aa East Duplin South Point final and a Reidsville vs Northeastern/WRH final. It will take an unreal balanced offensive team with a great defense to beat Reidsville. I'm not saying those two teams aren't good programs. They've both accomplished a lot. This year's Reidsville Defense is REALLY good.
I've got some Reidsville buddies from the, mouth of the south days at Short Sugars, but honestly please explain to me this year who has Reidsville really had to defend??:rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT