ADVERTISEMENT

NCHSAA Gives Schools The Opportunity To Vote On Seven Classifications for Sports beginning with the 25-26 Season.

You thought you'd hooked a lunker this morning.

The permit process was a farce and wasted step. Whoever the seller is just needs to do the background just like it was a rifle. I'm sure there are aspects we wouldn't agree about with gun purchasing but on this one I don't take issue with. It was just a way for Sheriffs to make money.
Interesting interview on Fox8 with the owner of the largest gun store in Thomasville. He threw in a wrinkle I hadn’t considered.
Seems it’s not uncommon for the check to take longer than five days. When that happens, the seller has to decide whether to complete the transaction. His fear is liability if it goes wrong. He said he’s not sure how far he’s willing to stick his neck out. With the previous law, the liability would be on the sherif.

Interesting interview on Fox8 with the owner of the largest gun store in Thomasville. He threw in a wrinkle I hadn’t considered.
Seems it’s not uncommon for the check to take longer than five days. When that happens, the seller has to decide whether to complete the transaction. His fear is liability if it goes wrong. He said he’s not sure how far he’s willing to stick his neck out. With the previous law, the liability would be on the sherif.

Interesting. But if you're going to sell guns, just like anything shouldn't you understand the liabilities?

So what happens when X gun shop decides to not sell to a client? Be interesting

I think the whole process needs to be redone and needs to be very detailed.

I wonder if the Sheriffs were lobbying to absolve liability.

Interesting. But if you're going to sell guns, just like anything shouldn't you understand the liabilities?

So what happens when X gun shop decides to not sell to a client? Be interesting

I think the whole process needs to be redone and needs to be very detailed.

I wonder if the Sheriffs were lobbying to absolve liability.
Some sheriffs wanted to be done with their part in it. I feel sure liability is a big part of that. Some are very critical of the change.
Based on the gun store owner’s interview (and a little personal observation having known him for many years), my take is that he won’t make the decision to sell unless he knows the buyer well. There is no duty to sell to anyone if the seller chooses not to do so.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
Some sheriffs wanted to be done with their part in it. I feel sure liability is a big part of that. Some are very critical of the change.
Based on the gun store owner’s interview (and a little personal observation having known him for many years), my take is that he won’t make the decision to sell unless he knows the buyer well. There is no duty to sell to anyone if the seller chooses not to do so.

Can't wait to see some jackleg get fired up and threaten a store owner over that. Definitely an interesting perspective. Thanks for sharing.

Yep, all we need for the politicians to get more involved!
We trying to be like Florida I guess - In AZ everything is so more political n see how thing out there are n it’s make it’s hard out there imo n heck I remember parents suing over someone not allowed to transfer

Dang, I can’t remember last year, must less 23 years ago.
I don’t think it ever got far but someone one of the commissioners tried to get a vote on something similar back in 2000 so he said he not surprised by the Article above

I only post showing to show their support so hopefully this will make them deter from this bullcrap in legislation
Depends upon how much money the bill sponsors have raised for the three or four legislative dictators who call all the shots in Raleigh. It’s not about the merits of a bill. Follow the money. And if they haven’t raised enough, they’ll be primaried.

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
It’s disappointing that politicians are getting involved in NC high school sports. It’s even more disturbing that the politicians are creating legislation with no input from ADs, principals, or the NCHSAA. It seems this legislation is being created in a bubble to satisfy a select few. While I agree that the NCHSAA hasn’t been perfect, it hasn’t been completely dysfunctional either. HS sports in NC have been run relatively well in the big picture of things. It just needed some tweaks here and there to modernize to current times but it appears it will receive a chainsaw instead to appease a select few that have a politician’s ear.

With 7 classes, how were they doing conferences? I feel like I read something a while back stating the NCHSAA was hoping to have no more than 5/6 teams per conference? Am I making that up or was that accurate?

Reactions: Champ_24
With 7 classes, how were they doing conferences? I feel like I read something a while back stating the NCHSAA was hoping to have no more than 5/6 teams per conference? Am I making that up or was that accurate?
It sounds accurate but it's a good question

I think this is going to be a long drawn out process with a lot of back and forth between the schools and the realignment/conference committee/admin and Board of Directors.

The other bill that passed the house today I think overall was a good one. It requires schools to take cash for admission. A lot of older people don’t have smart phones and a lot of kids don’t have bank accounts. I do understand the school stance that it is more accountable and safer than cash.

The part of that bill though that was removed was the requirement for all HS to take the Tar Heel card. Why alienate a few older people for a few more bucks. Currently required to be taken at all NCHSAA events including state championships. That was a good thing NCHSAA did.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
I think this is going to be a long drawn out process with a lot of back and forth between the schools and the realignment/conference committee/admin and Board of Directors.
esp since they want do 5 or 6 teams per conference n they wanna do regions n etc

The other bill that passed the house today I think overall was a good one. It requires schools to take cash for admission. A lot of older people don’t have smart phones and a lot of kids don’t have bank accounts. I do understand the school stance that it is more accountable and safer than cash.

The part of that bill though that was removed was the requirement for all HS to take the Tar Heel card. Why alienate a few older people for a few more bucks. Currently required to be taken at all NCHSAA events including state championships. That was a good thing NCHSAA did.
I think they should all take cash too for the reasons you mentioned. But really? They don’t have more important things to legislate? The “citizen legislators” need to deal with the important issues and get on back home where they can’t do any damage.

They should take both cards and cash.

So you won’t be able to use the Tar Heel card anymore?

Tarheel cards are determined by each individual conference whether or not to accept. ALL state playoff games must accept tarheel cards.

I've never even heard of tar heel cards.
Robbinsville used cash all through COVID except a few weeks when we had to pre order tickets.

I've never even heard of tar heel cards.
Robbinsville used cash all through COVID except a few weeks when we had to pre order tickets.
The NC Senior Tar Heel Pass is still being given out to our senior citizens through the Division of Aging and Adult Services

I for myself like to see schools do both cash and card. I prefer to pay cash. But in situations where there is a big turnout for a game it’s nice to purchase ticket on line. Just my opinion.

Was never an issue at Mooresville… we did both digital and cash at the gate

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT