ADVERTISEMENT

Nations 10 Toughest Playoff Brackets

I think California Southern Section has the best teams but nowhere near the depth of Texas.

Reactions: Chopper747
I think California Southern Section has the best teams but nowhere near the depth of Texas.
I agree regarding California, as it boasts what I think is the toughest league in the country, The Trinity League. We think 4AA West in NC is brutal, but that 6A Div 1 is a killer. Much depth there of very high quality teams.

SC 5A is pretty stacked at the very top. Dutch Fork, TL Hanna, Dorman, Gaffney, Byrnes. Think their top five is probably a little better than NC top five in all of 4A?

Interesting that they're having discussions in Texas about adding 7A. Similar discussions seen on this board.

Texas 1A is six man football and for schools with under approximately 150 student that play 11 man. 2A-6A is eleven man. For comparison purposes they basically have five classes. Texas has over 250 schools with enrollments over 2,200 and more than 250 with enrollments below 500.

Texas has right at 1,200 schools playing 11 man football or over three times what NC has and over five times what S.C. has. Texas has a title for every 250 teams, not including the 1A schools, played over six rounds. NC a title for every 47. SC every 45.

Although I prefer they don’t, I am ok if Texas wants to add a class and two titles.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT