ADVERTISEMENT

N Lincoln at Shelby

Daletec great words spoken from what sounds like .A scared fan and program.
The reason u keep saying counting chickens is cause yall hoping we get beat cause yall dont want to face them Lions again. Why is it yall so sure on win tonight but we cant be.....just be ready we comming! oh and get bleachers briught into that dump next week.

Mopar i was just with kids at pregame meal. There pumped and ready..they know North going give us tgere best shot. But we expect it.. Shelby by 21

Reactions: blkgolddynasty
Basketball season has already began. I know you qb is dying to play that and not football. Could be an upset in Shelby brewing! I really expect Shelby to win and come here next Friday just like last year. Good luck to both teams and I will add both teams to my prayers for no injuries this week!! Keep us informed about ball movement and score please.

Blueridge u .Hibriten people hope so. But not a chance i just left pregame meal. Boys are focused. Especially Bess

I expect you guys to win. They may give ya a fight at the start but 2nd quarter you all will pull away. Next week will be an awesome matchup and we all look forward to it

U keep thinking that..u got a rude awakening comming.. This is a different Shelby team. Bess will eat your dbs alive

Shelby was just way too much for North to handle. Like I said, different animal than Smoky and East. North has nothing to hang their heads about though, congrats on a great season. Looking forward to the game next week in Lenoir

Hibriten is not North Lincoln. The Lions remember the Panthers very well. Going to be a barn burner

Shelby had 143 rushing and 278 passing for almost 500 yrds offense. I dont see Hibriten stopping Shelby passing game the offensive line much better then last years and very good after rough start of season.

It's gonna be an epic game! I see the start of a decent rivalry, if we could get on each other's schedule. I think it would help prepare both teams for deep runs. I do hope the weather holds out, I hate sitting in the rain and cold! I'm old, now, and can't take it like I could when I was young!!!

Nice meeting you shelbyfan1. Thanks for your hospitality.

Good luck next week. I haven't seen Hibriten play, but I can say they will have their hands full with your Lions...especially if they clean up some penalties and dropped passes.

Your QB can spin a ball, I'll say.

And, good season North. That road to Raleigh always seems to run thru Shelby, so you'd better upgrade that plow if you wanna get there.

We had 455 total i saw stats but guess on nos. And its close enough to 500.. Bottom line all that trash talking bout Shelby better watch out ..
Yeah right.

Yep.. time to upgrade plow if we wanna go deeper. Can’t be upset when you lose to a better team. Kinda kills any chance with mistakes getting down early.

Congrats Shelby and I don’t see you having any trouble with Hibriten;)

Signing off and onto winter track.. gonna be a good one. A daughter and son this year in it.
And I have to say the coaches in press box were great for Shelby. I hope you guys take it!

On a different note...the halftime show was two North Lincoln kickers pounding fg's...they started at 30 yards, and concluded at 55 yards...strange, but entertaining! (And impressive)

Reactions: blkgolddynasty
No offers and I don’t think he has a lot of interest yet. he did not attend camps over summer and being a HS kicker doesn’t get you much film. He was fighting foot injury a good part of season so his kickoffs were a little inconsistent. He did a lot of kicking at halftime in hopes of some recruiters in the seats...hopefully some there last night. The kid has a leg! Cristian Delaney. He would love to play college ball.

I believe the 60 yard statement. His plant foot slipped on a 53 harder and he landed on his back...but still made with yards to spare.

The second kicker was excellent as well, if 3 yards shorter...lol

A smart man once said.....

This is funny. N Lincoln has no shot in beating Shelby. I can't believe Shelby gets this lucky year in and year out. N Lincoln in the 3rd Round? Seriously? Don't act like this will be a game Shelby fans. You all know this is a walkover game. Just don't get anyone injured.

A smart man once said.....
I agreed with everything you said except for “lucky year in and year out”, that only applies this year, in my opinion. We played Newton Conover in the first round last year. That same Newton team would have beaten the brakes off of any our playoff opponents this year. We played South Point in the second round, a game and very solid Mt Pleasant, then the eventual state champion, Hibriten. That all time great ‘16 team beat three 3A schools in the playoffs and state championship, Huss, Monroe, and Northside. This current team has had a favorable playoff run, though, that can’t be denied.

I agreed with everything you said except for “lucky year in and year out”, that only applies this year, in my opinion. We played Newton Conover in the first round last year. That same Newton team would have beaten the brakes off of any our playoff opponents this year. We played South Point in the second round, a game and very solid Mt Pleasant, then the eventual state champion, Hibriten. That all time great ‘16 team beat three 3A schools in the playoffs and state championship, Huss, Monroe, and Northside. This current team has had a favorable playoff run, though, that can’t be denied.
Exactly.We had to play the undefeated defending STATE 3A CHAMPIONS in the 2nd round.Give me a break.

Reactions: Lion Attack
Exactly.We had to play the undefeated defending STATE 3A CHAMPIONS in the 2nd round.Give me a break.

OK. Year in and year out was a bit of sarcasm. But more times than not, your path is very easy the first few rounds. But I guess when you're a high seed most of the times, that will be the case.

Guess I'm just jealous. We never catch a break in the playoffs. :(

Reactions: SHS LION

Last year every team in your bracket had a title or played for one(except for MP).

Reactions: Lion Attack
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT