26.Hickory
27.Franklin
28.North Iredell
29.Asheboro
30.Tuscola
31.Hibriten
32.West Charlotte

Last edited:
So doesn’t the top 3A finisher out of Northwestern 3A/4A automatically get a bid?? I did see they would be seeded with the WC’s since they finished 4th in conference??

Reactions: Maiden Creek
So doesn’t the top 3A finisher out of Northwestern 3A/4A automatically get a bid?? I did see they would be seeded with the WC’s since they finished 4th in conference??
You had to finish top 3 overall and a .500%. plus if you put the team in that doesn't have them they didn't make the top 32 over teams that made it in automatically. Once you put all #1 in the 2nd place finishers and the Wild card go in together and best RPI's go for order of #2 and wild cards.

Hibriten should receive an automatic bid and due to their RPI being below the top 32….they’ll slide in as the 32 seed.

If they finished at .500 or better…they would have been seeded with the conference champions.

The “and/or” makes it confusing.

Must finish 1,2,3 and/or finish at .500

I’m not sure why the handbook has it written this way… because it simply means that a team only needs to finish at .500.

Due to the term “or”.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
Hibriten should receive an automatic bid and due to their RPI being below the top 32….they’ll slide in as the 32 seed.

If they finished at .500 or better…they would have been seeded with the conference champions.

The “and/or” makes it confusing.

Must finish 1,2,3 and/or finish at .500

I’m not sure why the handbook has it written this way… because it simply means that a team only needs to finish at .500.

Due to the term “or”.
That’s how I read it that the conference gets an automatic bid but have to be in top 3 or .500+ to be seeded with the other 1 seeds

UPDATE:
West Charlotte and West Meck tied and had a coin toss to see who represents the Queen City Conference. West Charlotte won the coin toss and will represent the Queen City Conference in the NCHSAA State baseball tournament!

• Wow
UPDATE:
West Charlotte and West Meck tied and had a coin toss to see who represents the Queen City Conference. West Charlotte won the coin toss and will represent the Queen City Conference in the NCHSAA State baseball tournament!
That’s amazing!…they’re ranked dead last in 3a West…Max Preps.

Reactions: Hon Dines
ANOTHER UPDATE ACCORDING TO RULES: ENKA WILL BE IN AS A #1 IN THE MOUNTAIN CONFERENCE. THE RULE STATES :If a split #1 isn’t top 3 and isn’t .500, they’re in automatically but seeded with wild cards. THEY HAVE A OVERALL RECORD 11-9 PUTTING THEM IN AS AUTOMATIC SEED. ENKA BEAT ERWIN IN CONFERENCE TOURNAMENT TO ADVANCE TO #1 SEED.

Last edited:
ANOTHER UPDATE ACCORDING TO RULES: ENKA WILL BE IN AS A #1 IN THE MOUNTAIN CONFERENCE. THE RULE STATES :If a split #1 isn’t top 3 and isn’t .500, they’re in automatically but seeded with wild cards. THEY HAVE A OVERALL RECORD 11-9 PUTTING THEM IN AS AUTOMATIC SEED. ENKA BEAT ERWIN IN CONFERENCE TOURNAMENT TO ADVANCE TO #1 SEED.
Your pairings have Enka and Erwin squaring off in round one…that ought to be a good ‘Un!…they’re gonna settle it on the field to see who advances.😜

Reactions: Hon Dines
Talk about a road trip….Franklin to Eastern Guilford…good lord….that’s got to be 4 hours one way! Have mercy!

I could be wrong…but it seems to me that it’s the western most 3a west team vs the eastern most 3a west team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT