ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy v TCR february 20

will basketball be allowed to play?
Not sure, will be interesting to see which one of Murphy, Swain, Robbinsville and Cherokee grabs the other basketball playoff berth out of the SMC. I would say there are some Murphy and Robbinsville football fans hoping that Swain or Cherokee does get that last basketball playoff spot.

Last edited:
I don't know much about TC, but I know they throw the ball a lot! Found this little article on their QB. Might present a challenge for Murphys secondary? Since they don't see a lot of that...

Not sure, will be interesting to see which one of Murphy, Swain, Robbinsville and Cherokee grabs the other basketball playoff berth out of the SMC. I would say there are some Murphy and Robbinsville football fans hoping that Swain or Cherokee does get that last basketball playoff spot.

I thought the same thing. Although I'd be pretty surprised if it made more than about 2 or 3 days difference.

I thought the same thing. Although I'd be pretty surprised if it made more than about 2 or 3 days difference.
Considering the short turn around to actual games, a couple of days of missed football practice (as well as getting conditioned for football versus basketball) could have a legitimate impact on week one performance.

Considering the short turn around to actual games, a couple of days of missed football practice (as well as getting conditioned for football versus basketball) could have a legitimate impact on week one performance.

I had wondered if they would be missing or doubling up? Seems like people doubled up for the volleyball/basketball overlap but not entirely the same.

I dont think many basketball coaches would allow athletes to play both sports..

Certainly wouldn't let them play any football games--or even hitting practices, but you don't think they'd let them participate in some lighter pre-season stuff? If Murphy's volleyball coach can let players play basketball the night before playoff games, seems the boys basketball coach should consider letting his players do some walk throughs and non-contact drills. Pretty much what a good bit of the practices before basketball is over will be anyway.

Last edited:
I'd say ADs will tell coaches to work with kids to start football. Esp since they have to practice so many days before contact and games.

Meanwhile basketball gets to flip the script on football

Unless you’re at a football school then as gentle knight said basketball is over. Our starting 2 guard is the quarterback. I promise he’ll be playing football soon enough

You could work something out I am sure, its only two weeks unless your bball team makes the playoffs.

TCR also has a receiver going to west Virginia state, This will be a good game for murphy’s secondary.

This exactly the type of game Murphy needs. It will give them a playoff look early with lots of speed and passing attack. The Dawgs will be fine as the season progress (god willing and the covid doesn't rise). This will be an interesting season to say the least

Reactions: mbdfan and dogtuff
Tomorrow is the big day! I know all the boys are excited they have been trading close to a year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT