Murphy @ Mitchell

mbdfan

Mar 17, 2007
Great win, 'Dogs put that first half behind them and came out and played Murphy football in the 2nd half.

Excellent season Mitchell, nothing for your boys to hang their heads about.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gps62

Mitchell county mountie

Aug 27, 2015
0 turnovers, I'd say both had the ball an equal amount. Mitchell's line won up front most of the night, but finally wore down in the 4th. Pretty even on penalties, although Mitchell's were definitely more costly. Murphy got the last bounce after some great 2nd half adjustments by Gentry, and come out the victor. This game could've went either way. I felt like they were very evenly matched. Congrats to the Bulldogs, and congrats to Mitchell.

Dec 1, 2017
Mitchell played 3 great quarters and Murphy came out in the 4th and took every ounce of momentum we had. Congrats to Murphy i felt like we were gonna be able to pull it off but fell a little short. We played them closer than most people gave us credit for. Good season for Mitchell

Reactions: mbdfan

Mopar forever

Aug 10, 2017
I watched Robbinsville tonight and that’s not gonna even be a game. What I saw tonight was very very far from good football.

Mitchell county mountie

Aug 27, 2015
Calling it right now, Mitchell vs Robbinsville for the Western Regional Championship next year. Mitchell arrived a year early, according to their fans, and Robbinsville is young too.
I was definitely going to wait patiently for next season. I was expecting maybe 7-5, or 8-5, but I'm pleased with 10-3! Mountaineers should be the favorites in the west, big or small.

Reactions: NC nole fan

wncbowhunter

Dec 21, 2002
Congrats to the Dogs. Now go Win it all. As other have said, what a game. Murphy is a well coached bunch of guys. I thought both teams played extremely well, again considering the weather.

No doubt folks will be talking about the two td's that were called back but Mitchell could not stop the ground game in the 4th. Make the tackles and win.

In the end Murphy made enough plays to win.

Go Mountaineers

braveNation21

Jan 26, 2016
Congrats to the Dogs. Now go Win it all. As other have said, what a game. Murphy is a well coached bunch of guys. I thought both teams played extremely well, again considering the weather.

No doubt folks will be talking about the two td's that were called back but Mitchell could not stop the ground game in the 4th. Make the tackles and win.

In the end Murphy made enough plays to win.

Go Mountaineers
Mitchell will definitely be a load to handle next year

Reactions: wncbowhunter

Bonecollector1

Nov 7, 2018
Looked like Murphy went to the veer in the 4th quarter and McTaggart put the game on his shoulders. He’s a hell of a football player. Protected the ball and broke tackle after tackle. They ran two plays the whole 4th quarter and Mitchell couldn’t stop it. I think the rain in the 4th killed Mitchell’s passing game. But the better team won tonight. Congrats to Murphy, now go win state.

Mopar forever

Aug 10, 2017
I figured that. Honestly Murphy should’ve been the 1 seed Mitchell the 2 robbinsville the 3. This system that rewards this charter school conference for playing absolutely no competition has to go.
I have seen Mitchell play twice last 2 years and they are no joke. Always impressed with their team highly impressed. And for a team to pull off a win over them.... yeah tip of tha hat

Well done heck of a team

mbdfan

Mar 17, 2007
Mitchell that's one helluva team ya'll got, #7 and #10 are ballers. Mitchell's offense will be very hard to handle next year, doubt anyone will slow it much. You'll probably miss #2, #4, #50 and #70 on defense though. Mitchell special teams are excellent and were a bigger factor in this game than it's gotten credit for.

Congrats on a great season Mountaineers, you'll be back as the likely favorites out west next year in either division.

Last edited:

BulldogDad27-23

Nov 29, 2018
Congrats to Mitchell for a great season. You guys have a very good team and a very good coach that is gonna be good for many years to come. Some great play calling and strategy in my opinion. I agree with mbdfan. Special teams were huge in this game and yall are excellent in that department. Hats off to 13. Heck of game. I'm still trying to calm down.

Latest posts