ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy @ Mitchell

Great win, 'Dogs put that first half behind them and came out and played Murphy football in the 2nd half.

Excellent season Mitchell, nothing for your boys to hang their heads about.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gps62
0 turnovers, I'd say both had the ball an equal amount. Mitchell's line won up front most of the night, but finally wore down in the 4th. Pretty even on penalties, although Mitchell's were definitely more costly. Murphy got the last bounce after some great 2nd half adjustments by Gentry, and come out the victor. This game could've went either way. I felt like they were very evenly matched. Congrats to the Bulldogs, and congrats to Mitchell.

Mitchell played 3 great quarters and Murphy came out in the 4th and took every ounce of momentum we had. Congrats to Murphy i felt like we were gonna be able to pull it off but fell a little short. We played them closer than most people gave us credit for. Good season for Mitchell

Reactions: mbdfan
I watched Robbinsville tonight and that’s not gonna even be a game. What I saw tonight was very very far from good football.

Calling it right now, Mitchell vs Robbinsville for the Western Regional Championship next year. Mitchell arrived a year early, according to their fans, and Robbinsville is young too.

I was definitely going to wait patiently for next season. I was expecting maybe 7-5, or 8-5, but I'm pleased with 10-3! Mountaineers should be the favorites in the west, big or small.

Reactions: NC nole fan
Congrats to the Dogs. Now go Win it all. As other have said, what a game. Murphy is a well coached bunch of guys. I thought both teams played extremely well, again considering the weather.

No doubt folks will be talking about the two td's that were called back but Mitchell could not stop the ground game in the 4th. Make the tackles and win.

In the end Murphy made enough plays to win.

Go Mountaineers

Congrats to the Dogs. Now go Win it all. As other have said, what a game. Murphy is a well coached bunch of guys. I thought both teams played extremely well, again considering the weather.

No doubt folks will be talking about the two td's that were called back but Mitchell could not stop the ground game in the 4th. Make the tackles and win.

In the end Murphy made enough plays to win.

Go Mountaineers
Mitchell will definitely be a load to handle next year

Reactions: wncbowhunter
Looked like Murphy went to the veer in the 4th quarter and McTaggart put the game on his shoulders. He’s a hell of a football player. Protected the ball and broke tackle after tackle. They ran two plays the whole 4th quarter and Mitchell couldn’t stop it. I think the rain in the 4th killed Mitchell’s passing game. But the better team won tonight. Congrats to Murphy, now go win state.

I figured that. Honestly Murphy should’ve been the 1 seed Mitchell the 2 robbinsville the 3. This system that rewards this charter school conference for playing absolutely no competition has to go.
I have seen Mitchell play twice last 2 years and they are no joke. Always impressed with their team highly impressed. And for a team to pull off a win over them.... yeah tip of tha hat

Well done heck of a team

Mitchell that's one helluva team ya'll got, #7 and #10 are ballers. Mitchell's offense will be very hard to handle next year, doubt anyone will slow it much. You'll probably miss #2, #4, #50 and #70 on defense though. Mitchell special teams are excellent and were a bigger factor in this game than it's gotten credit for.

Congrats on a great season Mountaineers, you'll be back as the likely favorites out west next year in either division.

Last edited:
Congrats to Mitchell for a great season. You guys have a very good team and a very good coach that is gonna be good for many years to come. Some great play calling and strategy in my opinion. I agree with mbdfan. Special teams were huge in this game and yall are excellent in that department. Hats off to 13. Heck of game. I'm still trying to calm down.

Great game to both teams. One of the better games I’ve watched in many yrs. Every call looks different depending on which bleachers you’re sitting in, but from the Mitchell bleachers the roughing the passer on the pick six was straight bull @#*%. As for the hold on the return I couldn’t see from where I was sitting so can’t really comment on that one. But losing 2 scores at home in a game of this magnitude is tough. I thought Mitchell came out strong and did everything they could to put themselves in a position to win. And Murphy made halftime adjustments that gave them the win. Shifting to the 5 front on 1st and 2nd down on D and putting the ball in the hands of #32. That kid ran his heart out. Congratulations to Mitchell on a great season and to Murphy on theirs continuing. Heck of a game.

Well I'll be tha 1st to say I was wrong about tha score, definitely tha Mitchell unz all been talkin about all year came out tonight!! #10s catch at tha back of tha endzone was a very impressive catch!! Slade showed seasoned vet senior leadership tonight and his game was just a little more then tha rest!!! Good game and on to tha hill!!!

Reactions: knine1
Well trying to find a bright side. Now I don't have to chose between going to the state championship game or my daughter's graduation at UNCC.
Well good game, now I invite all mitchell fans to the hill next Friday, come help us make it loud

Congratulations to Murphy this must have been one hell of a game you Murphy fans should thank me ever damb time I pick Mitchell they lose I'm not picking on Mitchell I know what kind of team you guys have ,hell your not the first team to lose to Murphy I know ever body in Mitchell countie is proud of these boys I would bet Mitchell will be a team to reacon with next year

Not a Mitchell fan. Went to see Murphy because I have never got to see what is one of the best historically high school team in the state play. I didn’t think it was late. I would like to see the huld film of the hit. Kid had to went high to the head area. On the punt return didn’t see a hold but my brother in law was on the field taking pitchers and said the Mitchell kid stepped out bounds and the refs missed it. First half penalties were a little on sided but Murphy had a few in the 2nd. Chop block, QB had a face mask when trying to stiff arm, but it was a really good game to watch.The refs needed to get their crap together and not hurt the flow of the game when making calls. Murphy RB was a load in the 2nd half especially in the 4th. Mitchell has a really good team to and will be back next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: wncbowhunter
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT