ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy @ MA

Have played 3 times since 2004 MA leads 2-1 since 2005 and 3-2 0verall. MA has won the last 2.

Mt. Airy vs Murphy3260.00%19962017- MA 49 MHS 35;
2006 - MA 42 MHS 20;
2005 MHS 27 MA 14;
1997- MA 20 MHS 14;
1996 - MHS 19 MA 0
I predict 4-2 after tonight but hoping for an injury-free game for both teams ! Enjoy your pizza ! Go BEARS 🏈 🏈 🏈

Murphy snaps the streak tonight! Will be hard fought and entertaining! Would be cool if Murphy gets passed the 50, set the streak to “zero games without shutout”. MA by 50. Robbinsville by 13. ER by 50. Let’s quit the games gentleman, SMC you later class of 24, enjoy the last game or two, until the granite bears come to town.

Murphy snaps the streak tonight! Will be hard fought and entertaining! Would be cool if Murphy gets passed the 50, set the streak to “zero games without shutout”. MA by 50. Robbinsville by 13. ER by 50. Let’s quit the games gentleman, SMC you later class of 24, enjoy the last game or two, until the granite bears come to town.
Get outta here. Your team got embarrassed by both Robbinsville and Mt Airy.

Good evening all!
Any streaming of
this game?
Only these that I know of.

NFHS: https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/mount-airy-high-school-mount-airy-nc/gam9a67bf24c6

And Radio here: Pre-game starts at 7:00 pm

Direct Link:

Last edited:
Reactions: LB INC1
Reactions: TD-FridayNight
I hate these motion sensor cameras wish that camera kept up with long passes looked like Murphy QB made a nice pass but the camera didn't keep up with the receiver once he caught it had to go by the reaction of the sideline that know if he scored or not.

First, hats off to a great Murphy team. Tough as nails, determined, well coached and never gave up.

Second, gave Mt Airy the type of game we needed, especially as a follow up to the Mitchell.

Exposed that despite Mt Airy’s speed, the defense , especially the DB’s, have be aware of their positioning all the time.

Now for Eastern Randolph to visit the warm and friendly confines of Wally Shelton Stadium.

First, hats off to a great Murphy team. Tough as nails, determined, well coached and never gave up.

Second, gave Mt Airy the type of game we needed, especially as a follow up to the Mitchell.

Exposed that despite Mt Airy’s speed, the defense , especially the DB’s, have be aware of their positioning all the time.

Now for Eastern Randolph to visit the warm and friendly confines of Wally Shelton Stadium.
Mt Airy needed this kind of game. Their offense was something they haven't played against

Hopefully y’all will be as good a host as ER was last year.
I know it will be a monumental upset if the Wildcats came out on top but…
I just hope they can make buzz sweat a little bit like last season 😂

ER will be the best team Mt Airy has played this year . I think the fans will sweat this one a little. If the Bears have the ER QB running for his life all night different story. On one of Masons long touchdown tonight when he crossed the goal line there were 3 bear players with him. #4 might be the fastest

ER will be the best team Mt Airy has played this year . I think the fans will sweat this one a little. If the Bears have the ER QB running for his life all night different story. On one of Masons long touchdown tonight when he crossed the goal line there were 3 bear players with him. #4 might be the fastest
That TD was on one of the highlights they showed on Fox8…
Right after the Game of the Week…
Which one was that? 🤷‍♂😂

Mason is truly special. No doubt. But tonight, the truth came again, the other team can not ignore the others because they can and will make you pay dearly for not covering them.

And #22 TE DJ Joyce did not get a chance to show his 4.5 (at NC State) speed tonight offensively. Another sophomore for Mt Airy.

Reactions: thekidd12
A characteristic of great players is how they step up in the biggest games, when the game is on the line. According to the coach, Gene Hackman in The Replacements “winners always want the ball when the game is on the line”.

Tyler Mason is a winner.

Thing about Mt Airy is that he is NOT the only winner on the team! We are loaded with them.

#3 is fastest MA kid.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
I would like to make a criticism of Murphy that you may have heard before. Your away uniforms are nearly impossible to see the numbers on the back. Those yellow numbers need a thicker black border or just make them black all together, or just something.

In all, I enjoyed the game and liked Murphy's game plan. The shifts were good making a little confusion and I think helped in the passing. The special teams play was very good, onside kicks and returns. Stroup usually gets touchbacks, so not sure if the cooling weather prevented that on the first couple, but after a couple of returns Mount Airy adjusted their kickoffs. I have been hard on your QB this year, but he played a very good game. Payne got a chance to show the threat he is. Stalcup showed his motor and athleticism. It was a good effort all around.

Mount Airy seemed a little unsettled after that initial onside kick and first few drives trying to figure out how to handle the shifts and misdirection, but got it together for the most part. Pass defense had a couple mistakes that cost some points, but overall defense played well. The offense was just the Mount Airy offense this year, explosive.

It was a good game to watch and glad to see them face some challenges to figure out. You had a good year Murphy and don't doubt we will see your team making at least another 3 round appearance next year.

I would say I am looking forward to next week, but I am not. Eastern Randolph is the team I think will be the biggest threat. A couple of weeks ago when I said they would beat Hayesville by 4 or 5 TD, someone asked if I thought they were that good and should Hayesville not even make the trip. I did think they were that good. I was right and still do think they are that good. I hope the Mount Airy kids have their eyes lined up on this game and only this game, because I honestly feel this ER team is their biggest challenger between the 3 remaining west teams. I don't think they can afford a slow start or little mistakes in this one.

Somebody better tell the NCHSAA the 1a State championship is this Friday in Mount airy instead of Dec 8th or 9th at Carter Finley or Kenan stadium
Don’t sweat it too much sir…
According to a few folks this Friday is just a formality. The following week will be the game so people been forecasting since mid season.

Don’t sweat it too much sir…
According to a few folks this Friday is just a formality. The following week will be the game so people been forecasting since mid season.
For the sake of entertainment I'd love for Mount Airy to win along with robbinsvillie. Mainly because of the thread that would happen haha. Well til it got locked inevitably. I think y'all got a shot at the upset though kidd.

For the sake of entertainment I'd love for Mount Airy to win along with robbinsvillie. Mainly because of the thread that would happen haha. Well til it got locked inevitably. I think y'all got a shot at the upset though kidd.
Well if it’s just for the sake of entertainment, if somehow ER comes out on top Friday…
I have been known to do a mean Stanky Leg…👍

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT