ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy Fans

buzzcoach

Apr 26, 2004
winston salem nc
Remember how yall said all week yall was coming to smack MA in the mouth that we had no idea. Not only did we have more speed...alot more.....MA was way more physical.....ur qb who is awesome player was helped off feild several times. Just sick of the smc hits so hard.......trust me smc is well respected ....but act like u guys have been their done thay uk. U have a program and team to be proud of but all ur smack talking this past week was ignorant on ur posters parts. I will leave u with this......THATS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ANOTHER GRANITE BEARS.......1ST DOWN!!!!!! Scoooooooore! daaaaa....Bears!! Raleigh Bound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was at game and y'all weren't more physical. You were faster it was big plays that beat Murphy. Murphy had nearly 500 yards of offense. Physically it was pretty even I thought it's just when our backs got to the secondary y'all had the speed to catch us and we didn't. Good luck this weekend.

All ik is yall didnt smack is in the mouth as proclaimed yall would. And i bet ur qb was sore a few days as he was helped off feild several times and he is big boy.....awesome player.

Could have should have would have. Geez......Take away a few calls that kept murphy drives alive ma coukd easily been up 35-7 at half........had a holding call. That was seen by all that..... flag was thrown and then waved off would have been 3 and 26 instead.murph goes down and scores. Ma stoped murph as first half expires and rough passer...good call but gave another chance and murph scored. So stop the if and or butts goes both ways. MA could scored again at end of game but chose not too un like yall did at n stanly. And show me where any Bear fan said murp was easy out show me?????

Remember how yall said all week yall was coming to smack MA in the mouth that we had no idea. Not only did we have more speed...alot more.....MA was way more physical.....ur qb who is awesome player was helped off feild several times. Just sick of the smc hits so hard.......trust me smc is well respected ....but act like u guys have been their done thay uk. U have a program and team to be proud of but all ur smack talking this past week was ignorant on ur posters parts. I will leave u with this......THATS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ANOTHER GRANITE BEARS.......1ST DOWN!!!!!! Scoooooooore! daaaaa....Bears!! Raleigh Bound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Act like you guys have been there and done that" Surely you didn't direct that towards us after a post like that. I definitely gave credit to Mt Airy after the game. Win with class and lose with class. Every post i read after the game was made with class by Bulldog fans. Really not necessary for a thread such as this. Again, good luck Bears.

Could have should have would have. Geez......Take away a few calls that kept murphy drives alive ma coukd easily been up 35-7 at half........had a holding call. That was seen by all that..... flag was thrown and then waved off would have been 3 and 26 instead.murph goes down and scores. Ma stoped murph as first half expires and rough passer...good call but gave another chance and murph scored. So stop the if and or butts goes both ways. MA could scored again at end of game but chose not too un like yall did at n stanly. And show me where any Bear fan said murp was easy out show me?????
Buzz, you don't know what you got coming Saturday, buddy. Feel sorry for you a little bit. You have never seen anything like what is coming from Tarboro NC.

Reactions: WM_2004
"Act like you guys have been there and done that" Surely you didn't direct that towards us after a post like that. I definitely gave credit to Mt Airy after the game. Win with class and lose with class. Every post i read after the game was made with class by Bulldog fans. Really not necessary for a thread such as this. Again, good luck Bears.
So true ! ! Most all BEAR fans are respectfull and this thread was uncalled for ! Sure Murphy bragged but they all so was respectfull and eat a lot of crow.

That's the problem for buzz. He has never been here before. Most years, he gets smacked around in big 1AA. Usually the deep runs happen in small ball. And come Saturday, it will hold true again. Tarboro by as many as they want.

You feel better now? MA played a good game but let’s remember a couple of things. Number one, you had home field advantage. That is HUGE in a game like this. Play that game at Murphy the results are much different.

That’s why I don’t take you guys serious...lose with dignity...

Also I haven't heard if this goes thru what classification will the new high schools be?

You feel better now? MA played a good game but let’s remember a couple of things. Number one, you had home field advantage. That is HUGE in a game like this. Play that game at Murphy the results are much different. Number two, you scored on two scoop and score fumble recoveries and one kick return TD. Those things won you the game. The big plays you made on offense, Murphy could have lived with because Murphy proved they could score right along with the bears and moved the ball at will. But the turnovers and the kick return TD were killers. Those tilted the scales to MA’s side and Murphy was unable to get any turnovers or big kick returns to even it out. MA deserves all the credit for forcing the TOs and for the return TD, but those were mistakes that Murphy could have avoided. In fact, two of the things I said before the game that Murphy MUST avoid in order to beat MA were turnovers and giving up big kick/punt returns on special teams. You actually had another kick return TD called back by penalty before you got the one that counted. Looks like Murphy would have avoided kicking deep after the first return that got called back, but they didn’t. Big mistake. In closing, the game was much closer than the 49-35 score indicated and I would LOVE to see the teams play again down at The Hill this Friday night. I would put my money on Murphy again in a heartbeat. The “smack talk” by Murphy posters was in response to the posters who were saying Murphy would be an easy out for MA. Did you expect Murphy posters to just take it and not say anything back, knowing what a great team Murphy had this year, and knowing they were defending 1a champs? I congratulated MA posters on more than one occasion after the game and was just gonna let things lie, but then I saw your post. To the good MA fans, disregard.

I don't normally speak on these threads except for facts, but these are some facts.Time of possession, # of plays, and total yards can be very misleading. For instance, MA scored 3 times without it's offense on the field (KR, and 2 fumble returns) Therefore, Murphy got three more offensive possessions. Yes, Murphy ran 82 offensive plays to Mt. Airy's 34, but that is all Mt. Airy needed. Mt. Airy was more efficient on offense too. Murphy had 248 yards rushing on 51 carries for a 4.9 yds./carry. Mt. Airy averaged 10.3 yards per carry and rushed for 277 yards on only 27 carries. The Bears averaged 16 yards per catch to Murphy's 14. Yes, Murphy led in yards, but they should with more possessions. However, all purpose yards were in Mt. Airy's favor with 512 to 480, but All-Purpose doesn't count the big fumble return or the short fumble return for touchdowns. You see, Mt. Airy had their way on offense. Murphy also scored on one untimed down at the end of the half and their last score was with 4 minutes to play with the Bears up by 21.If the game is played again, I think the same result would be expected as the Bears were the better team that night.

Reactions: Swain97
I don't normally speak on these threads except for facts, but these are some facts.Time of possession, # of plays, and total yards can be very misleading. For instance, MA scored 3 times without it's offense on the field (KR, and 2 fumble returns) Therefore, Murphy got three more offensive possessions. Yes, Murphy ran 82 offensive plays to Mt. Airy's 34, but that is all Mt. Airy needed. Mt. Airy was more efficient on offense too. Murphy had 248 yards rushing on 51 carries for a 4.9 yds./carry. Mt. Airy averaged 10.3 yards per carry and rushed for 277 yards on only 27 carries. The Bears averaged 16 yards per catch to Murphy's 14. Yes, Murphy led in yards, but they should with more possessions. However, all purpose yards were in Mt. Airy's favor with 512 to 480, but All-Purpose doesn't count the big fumble return or the short fumble return for touchdowns. You see, Mt. Airy had their way on offense. Murphy also scored on one untimed down at the end of the half and their last score was with 4 minutes to play with the Bears up by 21.If the game is played again, I think the same result would be expected as the Bears were the better team that night.

If Murphy doesn't lay the ball down, and kick it deep to Greene (or Smith for that matter) and connects on half of the four wide open TD passes just missed, this game would have easily went Murphys way. And that's not including the poor spot down in the red zone where the ball carrier was past the stripe but it was moved back. If these two teams played 10 times, Murphy would win 6 or 7. They are the better team. On this night, they made too many mistakes. And Mount Airy took advantage, which is what great teams do, and they also made plays such as Greene returning the kick and breaking the short pass for a TD. It was the Granite Bears night. Maybe some of those breaks will happen against Tarboro, you will need them.

Reactions: NC nole fan
Murphy was the best team we saw all year. Very disciplined, well coached, well execution, and fundamentally sound. They are a class act and a program anyone should be proud of and emulate. I like the way they play football and their character.

Friday, the Bears just had too many weapons and it wasn't just speed, but the speed differential. Murphy couldn't match speed at any place (offense, defense and special teams).

On to Tarboro who is the real deal too.

If Murphy doesn't lay the ball down, and kick it deep to Greene (or Smith for that matter) and connects on half of the four wide open TD passes just missed, this game would have easily went Murphys way. And that's not including the poor spot down in the red zone where the ball carrier was past the stripe but it was moved back. If these two teams played 10 times, Murphy would win 6 or 7. They are the better team. On this night, they made too many mistakes. And Mount Airy took advantage, which is what great teams do, and they also made plays such as Greene returning the kick and breaking the short pass for a TD. It was the Granite Bears night. Maybe some of those breaks will happen against Tarboro, you will need them.
Mistakes can be forced and were ,that is no excuse. Bears was the better team this year ,no ifs ands or buts about it .As I said last week,the game will be played at Wally Shelton Stadium in Mount Airy and won by the best team. That happened. Most from Murphy have admited the Bears was the best team and Murphy lost so there is no excuse except the better team forced and took advantage of mistakes. So talk till you are blue in the face and the game was won by the better team ! I have been nice but you are talking BS.......

Last edited:
Typical buzzcoach.... One more reason to pull for Tarborro

Buzz. Murphy is always beating their chest. It wasnt too long ago, they were the best team in all of single A and quit possible double A! I am surprised they are not already crowning themselves 2018 champs!

You just have to ignore the ignorant posters.

The sad part will be when Buzz sees that running clock in the 2nd half this weekend at a championship game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT