ADVERTISEMENT

Mt Airy vs Robbinsville Western Regional Final

I was more impressed with Rville #4 on D like when he tackled MA #4 in one on one on the outside for no gain taking his legs from under him. If I'm not mistaken and I'm sure someone will correct me lol but it seemed that the MA backs had their biggest runs inside the tackles instead on the outside like they did in the other three games I saw.
Like I said before Robbinsville D didn't lose the game but MA D did win it.

I was more impressed with Rville #4 on D like when he tackled MA #4 in one on one on the outside for no gain taking his legs from under him. If I'm not mistaken and I'm sure someone will correct me lol but it seemed that the MA backs had their biggest runs inside the tackles instead on the outside like they did in the other three games I saw.
I am pretty sure the run that Mason had coming out after the half was not inside the tackles. Two plays and a score. That play is one I can remember.

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
27-16 W all that matters
Nobody said otherwise. But I gotta ask, what happened to all those MA fan predictions of an easy blowout win for the bears? Even read on here this season that one of East Surry’s coaches (after playing both teams) told some MA poster that the bears would beat the Knights by four TDs. Boy was that ever wrong lol.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure the run that Mason had coming out after the half was not inside the tackles. Two plays and a score. That play is one I can remember.
Yeah it just seemed compared to the other games they didn't have as many big runs on the outside. You're not going to stop every one but just seemed Rville played the outside run better than the others with them having to get them up the middle more last night.

Nobody said otherwise. But I gotta ask, what happened to all those MA fan predictions of an easy blowout win for the bears? Even read on here this season that one of East Surry’s coaches (after playing both teams) told some MA poster that the bears would beat the Knights by four TDs. Boy was that ever wrong lol.
I wasn’t one of those folks with huge predictions, but Robbinsville played a solid game against Mount Airy.

I wasn’t one of those folks with huge predictions, but Robbinsville played a solid game against Mount Airy.
MA is truly a great team. Going into the Big Oaks in a championship game and atmosphere and winning is a rare achievement for any visiting team. MA has one of the best defenses I’ve ever seen in 1a football. Just a superb team all around. Next week against Tarboro will be a great game.

Nobody said otherwise. But I gotta ask, what happened to all those MA fan predictions of an easy blowout win for the bears? Even read on here this season that one of East Surry’s coaches (after playing both teams) told some MA poster that the bears would beat the Knights by four TDs. Boy that was wrong lol.
For all the accurate and correct compliments to Robbinsville, another truth is this: 3 plays turned this game from a thorough thrashing to a most interesting game.
Play #1. Stroup let Adams get free for a 71 yard TD. Earned by Robbinsville, first mistake Stroup has made this year in coverage.
Play #2. Stroup fumbles ball near goal line on a for sure touchdown that takes 7 points off the board. Gift.
Play #3. Snap sails past QB Galimore who is looking for play call as was several other MA players. Robbinsville picks up and scores. Gift.

This should have been at least a 34 to 8 game.
Robbinsville is GOOD, make mistake about it. Robbinsville played great. But Mt Airy's defense held Robbinsville offense to ONE great play.

Reactions: buzzcoach
For all the accurate and correct compliments to Robbinsville, another truth is this: 3 plays turned this game from a thorough thrashing to a most interesting game.
Play #1. Stroup let Adams get free for a 71 yard TD. Earned by Robbinsville, first mistake Stroup has made this year in coverage.
Play #2. Stroup fumbles ball near goal line on a for sure touchdown that takes 7 points off the board. Gift.
Play #3. Snap sails past QB Galimore who is looking for play call as was several other MA players. Robbinsville picks up and scores. Gift.

Robbinsville is GOOD, make mistake about it. Robbinsville played great. But Mt Airy's defense held Robbinsville offense to ONE great play.
So you count the Mt. Airy fumbles as "gifts"... how do count the Robbinsville fumbles?

Yup MA scored on 2 Robbinsville fumbles. That’s a 20-8 game.

Did Rville run an offensive play inside the red zone? It seems like what I’m seeing is that Rville scored on one long pass and a fumbled MA snap over the QB’s head. And MA scored with driving the ball down the field to get into scoring position each time.

Reactions: REWhitley
Did Rville run an offensive play inside the red zone? It seems like what I’m seeing is that Rville scored on one long pass and a fumbled MA snap over the QB’s head. And MA scored with driving the ball down the field to get into scoring position each time.
Yes Robbinsville drove down the field in the 2nd quarter to around the 20 and fumbled. Robbinsville also fumbles later around their own 20/25 and lost the ball.

Reactions: Jmappfan5
Yes Robbinsville drove down the field in the 2nd quarter to around the 20 and fumbled. Robbinsville also fumbles later around their own 20/25 and lost the ball.
So both teams had 2 fumbles each? Rville scored on the one fumble from MA and the other fumble from MA was at the end of the first half when they were getting ready to score. Sounds like both teams had 2 turnovers but MA sustained 5 scoring drives. I would assume MA had had more yards throughout the game and stopped Rville more often.

So both teams had 2 fumbles each? Rville scored on the one fumble from MA and the other fumble from MA was at the end of the first half when they were getting ready to score. Sounds like both teams had 2 turnovers but MA sustained 5 scoring drives. I would assume MA had had more yards throughout the game and stopped Rville more often.
I think Robbinsville had 3 fumbles.

I would like to comment on Graham Star Sports programming last night. I was able to watch the game again last night while listening to the host speak (the first time, I listened to the Bears radio network for audio). I must say he did a very good job. He was not biased one way or the other. So, I appreciated that as a viewer.

Last edited:
At least we’ll be living rent free in your head for the next 300+ days!
The once in a generation team thinks they accomplished something...and they did...they barely escape Robbinsville, a school with 325 kids , gave them ALL they could handle..Far far from a once in a generation team..There are some past teams(as in like the last 10 yrs) from Murphy and Robbinsville that would have dog walked this MA team up and down the field..Robbinsville just didn't have the dominant line like they've had in the past..Once in a generation is funny.

The once in a generation team thinks they accomplished something...and they did...they barely escape Robbinsville, a school with 325 kids , gave them ALL they could handle..Far far from a once in a generation team..There are some past teams(as in like the last 10 yrs) from Murphy and Robbinsville that would have dog walked this MA team up and down the field..Robbinsville just didn't have the dominant line like they've had in the past..Once in a generation is funny.
In the past 10 years? Dog walked them? Interesting take.

Reactions: Maroonsmoke
I would like to comment on Graham Star Sports programming last night. I was able to watch the game again last night while listening to the host speak (the first time, I listened to the Bears radio network for audio). I must say he did a very good job. He was not biased one way or the other. So, I appreciated that as a viewer.
It was the best broadcast of the year. It’s not their fault anyway. They can’t control what the internet works.

Reactions: Bearmod1
He has to Robin......or Batgirl
Guess I’m Alfred? My English accent sounds like Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins but ok.
One thing though…
You going to have to dress yourself. That whole man servant thing is ugh…😂

Reactions: NM88
I will say that I agree on one or two things here. If this is a once in a generation team from MA, then the SMC has a generation team about every 3-4 years. However I will say this; Mount Airy was clearly the better team last night. Especially defensively in the 2nd half. I do think it would have been a different outcome if this years team had 2019s line. Our line in 2019 was a lot bigger and a lot stronger. Nothing against this years line whatsoever. 2019s line was just a different animal. But that’s all just speculation. It is what it is. I enjoyed MA’s physicality as well. Not many teams play like we do here in the mountains, but this team for MA did. It’s hard to be upset about the outcome last night because both teams are so good. It came down to who made the most plays and MA did that this game.

MA is truly a great team. Going into the Big Oaks in a championship game and atmosphere and winning is a rare achievement for any visiting team. MA has one of the best defenses I’ve ever seen in 1a football. Just a superb team all around. Next week against Tarboro will be a great game.
To ride 5 hours and play on a wet field against a really good team and get a win. That's a pretty good accomplishment. A lot of teams would have ran out of gas second half.

Mason had 21 carries for 188 yards or 8.95 yards per carry.
Martin had 16 carries for 126 yards or 7.88 yards per carry.

Sounds like two pretty good running backs doing pretty good work against the best defensive line in all of 1A.

Nope!!! Don't cry so much. The SMC was well represented last night but....sitting at home again this year!!!

funny everyone wants to comment on Mayberrys numbers, but no one wants to point out the fact the biggest number cheaters in the state is found in the SMC, yep that’s right the Murphy Bulldogs. lol. The puppies have been keeping Tri County Community College’s doors open for years..

Last edited:
funny everyone wants to comment on Mayberrys numbers, but no one wants to point out the fact the biggest number cheaters in the state is found in the SMC, yep that’s right the Murphy Bulldogs. lol. The puppies have been keeping Tri County Community College’s doors open for years..
Sorry you are misinformed.

well that escalated quickly….

Nope!!! Don't cry so much. The SMC was well represented last night but....sitting at home again this year!!!
Yep. We are. Almost like the rest of the state has done while the SMC has won 30+ State titles. Get over yourself. Most Robbinsville and MA fans have had a fantastic talk about this game and both have come to the understanding that 2 great teams battled in a war last night. Why not try to converse like the rest of us or get lost. Even Buzz and Whitley and GC4L have all come to their senses and have credit where it was due. Much respect to them and their team.

Reactions: therealsquid
MA has ran between tackles for the
So you count the Mt. Airy fumbles as "gifts"... how do count the Robbinsville fumbles?
Well the one snapped by the QB was a gift. The Robb fumbles were ma hits on back and ma had to drive field to score on your D. The only score on offense was #21 got beat and the snap y'all picked up and ran in. Your offense scored 8 points and was shit out 2 nd half.

I'm sorry this is STUPID!!!!

Damn man do you really not know how that post sounds? And you guys wonder why people feel about you like they do...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT