ADVERTISEMENT

Mt Airy vs Robbinsville Western Regional Final

Only thing I will say about backing up my claims from earlier is MA defensive staff clearly out coached the robbinsville offensive staff in the 2nd half. Robbinsvilles offense just looked like a parked car in the 2nd half
No one out coached anyone mt airy had way more athleticism. Should’ve won by more. Tarboro going to show y’all something

Congrats Blk knights on a great season. As good as advertised. Thanks to graham star sports on a great broadcast. Out of town in Arizona, felt like I was ringside. Awesome job Bears , hitting the road and picking up a win in a tough historic venue. In the rain , mud on the field and not so great conditions. That’s how championships are won!! Go BEARS

Only thing I will say about backing up my claims from earlier is MA defensive staff clearly out coached the robbinsville offensive staff in the 2nd half. Robbinsvilles offense just looked like a parked car in the 2nd half
I hate to agree, but your right. Really outside the big pass play we didnt do much all night. 15, 32, 50, and big 71 are all top notch on defense.

He was great he truly was. Why pick UNC? He never had a chance to get in any meaningful games from the get-go. When he chose UNC I said then he would never see the field except as a cleanup guy. He deserves better than that. I I bet even so SECschools (USC) would give him a close look. Now as for the receiver whos name escapes me that ALSO went to UNC, is he content to also sit the bench for his entire college career when he could be playing somewhere?
Gosnell is at VT had six catches one game this uear

Reactions: Purple1995
That offense is built for number 5 probably the best athlete I seen in a while hard to tackle in open field. Proud of my Black Knights. One heck of a game gave MA all they wanted very physical game. Good luck to MA safe travels

Great game to watch. Robbinsville boys did their town proud tonight. They played a great defensive game and held the Bears offense better than I thought they would be able to. If I had to give Robbinsville a player of the game, I think I would go with Calhoun. He had a great game at LB and had some good hard nosed runs. I enjoyed watching him on D the most though. Cuttler definitely has speed and saved a few TDs and had a nice catch and score. Congrats to Robbinsville on a great season and thanks for a good night of football. Bears kept shooting themselves in the foot with a couple of big fumbles and penalties, but managed to overcome it. They will need to avoid that next week, but enjoy the win tonight fellas. Safe travels home everyone.

The knights are a great football team. Very well coached. I for one love small town football, I love what the robbinsville community does for the program. Guys I know we have had a fun week of banner but what you have is truly something special. Those youngins are so lucky to have the community support that the town brings. This is why I love high school sports and small town athletics.Thanks for a super fun week. Hopefully you can put the feelings aside and pull for the west again. Awesome game , awesome fan base , tremendous venue and a tradition of greatness second to none

I remember that first rate qb ES had a couple years ago that could literally play ALMOST anywhere. Why did he choose to play in the ONE place he wouldnt get a fair shot to even play? He hasnt played 10 plays since hes been there and wont play until he graduates? Why go somewhere that you KNOW youre not going to get to play. Even his bio stated when he got there he would add future "depth" to the Tarheels at QB. He should be PLAYING somewhere, shouldnt he? Also the receiver that was so good at ES also hasnt seen much playing time either and probably wont? With the transfer portal as it is why arent they going where they will surely get a fair chance to play?
Boaz's father played at UNC in the 90's under Mack Brown. I figure that probably had a bit to due with his decision to go 'play' under Brown as well. Hopefully, we will get to see him play in the next year or two somewhere.

The biggest thing to me on all this discussion is how a lot of the Mt Airy fans say these 1a titles are little boy ball or whatever. I don’t mean this disrespectfully but, if that’s little boy ball, y’all got all you wanted.

As they always say, the home team has a touchdown advantage but if you play Robbinsville there I say a 2 TD advantage at the Big Oaks. What would the score have been if played in Mount Airy, Any guesses
SMH probably been about the same. Maybe you play this game 10 times and the one time Robbinsville gets the win its at your place lol

Reactions: kingbluedevil
Titles are titles and earned at every level no matter the level. You are correct wicked. We bent a little but didn’t break. Sloppy field , adversity filled venue, state title filled score board. We done what we had to do . Traveled to your house, and beat you on your field. With that said it doesn’t take away from the blk knights performance. They played the game and represented well. One play , one turnover, outside of that the Bears performed. Blue collar work ethic , not flustered, next play . Now with that said I have to say —- NEXT

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT