ADVERTISEMENT

Mt Airy vs Robbinsville Western Regional Final

Has anyone ever been turned away at a gate and not allowed in to a game. You MA guys think this is the biggest game ever. Maybe your not use to being in the west final. The SMC has at least 2-3 of these big time games a year and every other year we seem to be on the finals. I may call Walsh and see if he can open another gate just so y'all drama queens will stop with the nonsense.
I have seen fans / families turned away from football and basketball games. Very common occurence in the basketball playoffs including regionals. Not so common in football but I have attended games where tickets were only presale and sold out (packed). Also, there have been games where admittance was halted.

With all the talk and hyperbole I would want a ticket if I were a spectator driving three hours.

I have seen fans / families turned away from football and basketball games. Very common occurence in the basketball playoffs including regionals. Not so common in football but I have attended games where tickets were only presale and sold out (packed). Also, there have been games where admittance was halted.

With all the talk and hyperbole I would want a ticket if I were a spectator driving three hours.
100% you get into this game if u show up at the gate..If I'm not mistaking this is Robbinsvilles 4 Regional in 5 yrs...I don't see as many people at this game as a Robbinsville Murphy Championship..They will not lock the gates or monitor the gates to see who gets in and out..total nonsense

100% you get into this game if u show up at the gate..If I'm not mistaking this is Robbinsvilles 4 Regional in 5 yrs...I don't see as many people at this game as a Robbinsville Murphy Championship..They will not lock the gates or monitor the gates to see who gets in and out..total nonsense
I fully believe that. I have been to regular and post season games at Robbinsville. Love going to a game there.
I was answering the question posed by smokeymtnfan.

So you have saw people turned away at Robbinsville?

• Wow
Reactions: TD-FridayNight
I think from weather.com for Robbinsville the rain has all but stopped and maybe some drizzle left and the percentage is in the teens by game time, like 11% 12% 15% 16%. If they have a decent field the heavy part of any early steady heavy rains will be mostly drained off.
Are any BEAR fans there with a rain update ? I trust them. lol

I think from weather.com for Robbinsville the rain has all but stopped and maybe some drizzle left and the percentage is in the teens by game time, like 11% 12% 15% 16%. If they have a decent field the heavy part of any early steady heavy rains will be mostly drained off.
It won’t drain off that much water. It’s soaking wet and still coming down

This could be a plus for the Black Knights. This also a factor when you have size and they have it. I can't wait to hear the results of the game. One thing about rain, it doesn't care who's playing in it.

No sign yet of any bears in Robbinsville. I just got off work and headed back to the ville. Hope to meet a couple of em.

Reactions: sbbbfan

I have seen it done at regional basketball games before. Never a football game. I have seen some very big crowds at SMC games before. I have seen 5-6 deep on the fence line at most of the big conference games in the SMC. I will be shocked if their is that many at this game tonight. The rain will keep some from coming.

Reactions: footballstar_17
This could be a plus for the Black Knights. This also a factor when you have size and they have it. I can't wait to hear the results of the game. One thing about rain, it doesn't care who's playing in it.
Well, that is bad for the little middle school team Mount Airy sent. We have no size. lol Third Floyd OL, DL • So. • 5' 11" • 327 lbs and unbelievable speed. And #5 195 lb runs so fast that he would just skim the water like a speed boat & both QBs are 200 lb.
All have the new legal wet-field football shoes. Have they made it that far west yet ? lol

Reactions: Bearmod1
Well, that is bad for the little middle school team Mount Airy sent. We have no size. lol Third Floyd OL, DL • So. • 5' 11" • 327 lbs and unbelievable speed. And #5 195 lb runs so fast that he would just skim the water like a speed boat & both QBs are 200 lb.
All have the new legal wet-field football shoes. Have they made it that far west yet ? lol
This is probably one of the smallest lines robbinsville has had in years. I haven't seen the weights on anyone's rosters but I wouldn't be surprised is MA is bigger

I have seen it done at regional basketball games before. Never a football game. I have seen some very big crowds at SMC games before. I have seen 5-6 deep on the fence line at most of the big conference games in the SMC. I will be shocked if their is that many at this game tonight. The rain will keep some from coming.
I think if the weather was perfect not sure it would bring the crowd some of Murphy and Swain games brought especially deep in the playoffs. A late season, playoff game with good weather result in a lot fans that support other schools. I have been to Murphy and Swain games at Robbinsville.

Reactions: WickedStix9
So you have saw people turned away at Robbinsville?
No. I took the question to be any games not specifically Robbinsville. Have been to Swain and Murphy games there. It may not be the best sightlines but there are a lot of places to stand and see the game.

This is probably one of the smallest lines robbinsville has had in years. I haven't seen the weights on anyone's rosters but I wouldn't be surprised is MA is bigger
I think overall Robbinsville line may be bigger. I don't think it will be a problem with too many fans. Friday 5 hours away with possible rain makes a difference. Probably be several fans local from nearby schools coming.

With due respect, 5'11 327 isn't healthy. Let me be perfectly clear MA size and R-ville size are not as close as you may think. I just watched R-ville's game and they have some bigger guys on the O-line. In a game like this especially when it is wet you will get bodies that will just neutralize each other. I said that MA has more variety in their offense however when it is wet. R-ville's offense will be a issue rather you want it to be or not. QB's being 200lbs won't have much leverage in the GUN. R'Ville, is under the center and if it gets too wet this could be advantage R-ville. I am just a guy who sees the truth in most teams.

No disrespect for #71 but I watched the Ma/Murphy game and he doesn’t have any speed. Size yes, hard to move yes, plug a hole yes. He seemed out of gas many times. A lot of potential being a sophomore

This will make 5 regional shows in 6 years. 18,19,20,21 and now 23

Reactions: Maroonsmoke
Do you think wet field will play a factor tonight
I do, a matter of fact I know it will be. That is why I said R-ville has the advantage if this is the case. I am just speaking as a OC and I have over 25 years of experience and this will reduce play calling down almost 40%. Also, I am not sure who practices in the rain or doesn't. All of these type of games have always been lopsided. Football have become spoiled so when the weather chances that is why teams are playing on Thursdays...LOL! I hope the preparation for this game was the forecast. If not, you will see your black Knights go hungry, hungry hippo !

• Haha
Reactions: therealsquid
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT