ADVERTISEMENT

Mt Airy vs Robbinsville Western Regional Final

SLOWky Mtn Conference... every year the SMC supposedly has the "toughest team" MA will play all year. Every year all we hear about is how tough the SMC is, and like clockwork, for the last 2 years (3 years really because everyone knows that Mitchell game 2021 was BS) the SMC can't beat real speed. Tonight the black nights are going to get physically beat, out-run, out-coached, and by the end of the 3rd quarter, they won't want anymore. The coaches haven't slept all week and I don't blame them, If I knew my season was ending tonight I'd wanna stay awake for every last second of it too. If you have more than 2 functioning brain cells you know the real Western Championship game was played last Friday night in MA.

T. Mason 13 for 120+ 2 TDs
T. Martin 10 for 100+ 1 TD

Bears by 21+
Not bad for what seems like your first post on this board. Real speed?😂 y’all may have it, but the SMC has stopped it plenty of times.

I’ve gotta tell you the Mount Airy fan base is more drama than the bachelor in paradise. I imagine a doctors office full of women when you guys get going. It’s a mess 😂
I'd rather that, than be surrounded by cold rednecks drinking moonshine, talking about how the high school football team still runs the same 1960s offense they did when they played... Like watching paint dry. Robbinsville knows they need to pull all the tricks out tonight to even have a chance. Not surprised by these antics.

Not bad for what seems like your first post on this board. Real speed?😂 y’all may have it, but the SMC has stopped it plenty of times.
Yes sir, I would classify it as "real speed" 5+ players that are legit sub 4.6 in the 40-yard dash. Robbinsville's heads are gonna be spinning when they realize they haven't seen anything like it yet.

• Love
Reactions: Bearmod1
SLOWky Mtn Conference... every year the SMC supposedly has the "toughest team" MA will play all year. Every year all we hear about is how tough the SMC is, and like clockwork, for the last 2 years (3 years really because everyone knows that Mitchell game 2021 was BS) the SMC can't beat real speed. Tonight the black nights are going to get physically beat, out-run, out-coached, and by the end of the 3rd quarter, they won't want anymore. The coaches haven't slept all week and I don't blame them, If I knew my season was ending tonight I'd wanna stay awake for every last second of it too. If you have more than 2 functioning brain cells you know the real Western Championship game was played last Friday night in MA.

Bears by 21+
Promise you they will not be out coach

I'd rather that, than be surrounded by cold rednecks drinking moonshine, talking about how the high school football team still runs the same 1960s offense they did when they played... Like watching paint dry. Robbinsville knows they need to pull all the tricks out tonight to even have a chance. Not surprised by these antics.
I think they will probably pull a few tricks out of the hat.🎩Well, maybe not so much tricks, but not so commonly seen plays.

Yes sir, I would classify it as "real speed" 5+ players that are legit sub 4.6 in the 40-yard dash. Robbinsville's heads are gonna be spinning when they realize they haven't seen anything like it yet.
Smoky Mountain Conference has seen plenty of it.

Has anyone ever been turned away at a gate and not allowed in to a game. You MA guys think this is the biggest game ever. Maybe your not use to being in the west final. The SMC has at least 2-3 of these big time games a year and every other year we seem to be on the finals. I may call Walsh and see if he can open another gate just so y'all drama queens will stop with the nonsense.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan

Bears by 21+
21+ seems a little much lol

• Haha
Reactions: Bearmod1
We will see tonight. looking forward to a clean physical game. Just my personal opinion Robbinsville won't be able to keep up. Safe travels to all going tonight
Seems like you came out of the woodwork just to throw your 2 cent in. Yeah you’re right y’all will probably run us til our tongues drag the ground………..😂

15285.jpg
Is that from your photo library
Y'all are doing it the long had way. this took me 5 seconds to do

This is a generational team for MA. Most of them have been together since little league. They won there, middle school and now already have a state championship from last year when they proceeded to beat Tarboro at there own game. I have alot respect for Robbinsville and the program they are but it wont be close tonight by games end. This two year run for the Bears will be historical just as many of our opponents that have had generational teams.

Somebody needs to make a thread with the radio link to listen

Mount Airy vs Robbinsville

Live radio
WSYD1300 AM or 105.1 FM
WPAQ740 AM or 106.7 FM

Or stream either at the below sites. Streaming runs about 5 or 10 seconds behind the live game.

https://www.wsyd1300.com/listen-online/
or

Last edited:
Appvol, just out of curiosity from looking at your avatar, are you familiar with xXEliteKillasXx?

Huge props to MA administration, principle Dorsett is as good as it gets. Textbook handling of the ticket situation. I am hearing that MA didn’t receive the pre-sale tickets due to a mishap with the post office. Supposedly tickets were sent but just never received on the MA end.

don't know how the timing was done. Hand timing needs to be rounded up to the nearest tenth and a conversion factor of .24 added to equal legit electronic timing. If done at a college it was probably electronic

The Number 1 team in the State against the Number Seed in the West. The way it should be. But make no mistake who is the second best team int West if not the State: Eastern Randolph.
That was fast
I had a chance to look at both teams and I must say that the Black Knights has a lot of size up front. I just can't see them moving the ball well vs Mount Airy. I also believe that this game is going to come down to who can throw it around better and that advantage will also favor MA. I think that when you look at the Black Knights you see power but I don't see enough diversity on offense that seems to be hard to stop. MA is going to play a odd front again the Black Nights and force them to through the ball. This is where I see the discrepancies. I got MA 42-12 going back to the title game with the rematch.
Robbinsville won the best conference in the state and really the only team close to them this year was Swain. They may have had some close scores during conference but they where way better than the scores showed. MA has only seen a poor Murphy team this season and a Hayesville team last year that got a great bracket from the SMC. This robbinsville team is way better than either one of those
MA has a good offense, I have no dog in the fight here but I feel like Rville don't have enough on offense from what I have seen.

Can anyone confirm that Robbinsville was going to use cat litter on the field to absorb some of the water? I "herd" they decided against it because they didn't want buzz to run out and embarrass himself.
I use it for footballs during wet games. I don't think it matters in that situation. You have have to have 40 tons of it to make it factor. It works well on footballs...LOL

What a great day. Get to listen to Football all day while working with the TSSAA championships going on and then this game. Alcoa rolling right now going for 9 straight

Reactions: RealStihl
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT