ADVERTISEMENT

Mt Airy vs Robbinsville Western Regional Final

Due to the weather, I agee. Cold and rainy with at least a .5 inch chance of rain on Friday with more rain on Saturday. Players should be healthy going into the state championship game. This would be a concern of mine. I know some Mount Airy folks have reservations to stay in the local area, so I am not sure how the option of changing the game date would affect them. Or, the game just goes on as scheduled with better chances of injury and sickness for all involved. Something to consider…

Reactions: sbbbfan
How good is the kicker for Robbinsville. In high school not letting the opposing team start on the 35 plus yard line is important. Good offenses can score quickly if you set them up.
They’re to smart to take a chance kicking deep to their speed guys. Short kicks all night

Due to the weather, I agee. Cold and rainy with at least a .5 inch chance of rain on Friday with more rain on Saturday. Players should be healthy going into the state championship game. This would be a concern of mine. I know some Mount Airy folks have reservations to stay in the local area, so I am not sure how the option of changing the game date would affect them. Or, the game just goes on as scheduled with better chances of injury and sickness for all involved. Something to consider…

Play it Friday. Rain is just part of it at this point. No one is going to get sick. That's an old myth. Mayberry already has a long trip. Kids don't need to miss 2 days of school.

Robbinsville needs to contain by filling gaps and fighting off the double team blocks allowing the back to the second level where they have the ability to break outside for huge gains. Robbinsville does not have the speed or size at linebacker that Eastern Randolph had to close laterally so the ends and corner cannot allow the alley to be sealed. They do come to the ball aggressively and DBs are very good tacklers. Must be very aware of the multiple weapons including the MA QB, He can throw it a bit, has disceptive speed and strength, and picks his spots.

Mount Airy has to stop the long drives and third down conversions. LBs and DBs have to play the ball and not over pursue and get caught up in traffic. Do not get lulled to sleep by the run, Rville can toss it downfield a bit but not a big threat with standard DB play. MA DBs make up space quickly.

Mt Airy has a weapon in 21 with strategic kicking and punting placement. True all around footballer.

I will be in SC at the 5A game title game. Hate I do not have a Thursday, Friday, Saturday option.

According to the Big sign on the score board at The Big Oaks Robb won state 12 times not 15 like was bragged about. 69,70,73,74,76,77,79,80,81,82,83,92. Is this correct if so that has been a minute and to say is intimidating to see on a sign is a joke. MA has 8 going for 9 so yeah they could catch you.

According to the Big sign on the score board at The Big Oaks Robb won state 12 times not 15 like was bragged about. 69,70,73,74,76,77,79,80,81,82,83,92. Is this correct if so that has been a minute and to say is intimidating to see on a sign is a joke. MA has 8 going for 9 so yeah they could catch you.
They won it all in 2019, 2014, and a coworker from Robbinsville is saying 1965. To my knowledge they are on the sign

Don’t brag when you are playing down a classification !!! This is a joke and the NCHSAA is to blame. I think it’s like a Division I dropping down to Division II. Come back and brag when you are in your proper Classification

It’s all good clean fun right now so let’s not stray. Most of us posters are not even from either teams fan base. By the way I hear Dolly is going to be at Big Oaks and preform at Halftime. She is going to sing Back in Black
Whoa there, partner!! Ronnie Millsap will have something to say about that!

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
When your championship history dates back to leather helmets and no forward pass I’m surprised they don’t have a manual scoreboard.
Britney Spears What GIF

It depends on reclassification. If they really go to a 400 and less adm for 1a, Robbinsville going to collect some more hardware. What they do in athletics across the board with 350 kids is impressive even if you don’t like their fans on this message board.

How about this: Robbinsville should let anyone who shows up in MA fan gear and has been alive for all MA's state Championships in for free. What do you think?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT