ADVERTISEMENT

Mt Airy vs Robbinsville Western Regional Final

True 2 A inner city school with a population of 10,000 and County population of 73,000
Mt Airy
Vs
True 1A County school with a town population of 553 and County Population of 8,000
Robbinsville

After looking at these comparisons it’s clear that Robbinsville will win this game by 14

Info from Simmons. I updated for past Friday niight. Consecutive wins:
MA 28
Tarboro 12
Robbinsville 9
West Columbus 9

Scored 10+ points
MA 63 games
None of other 3 1A listed

Games Allowing <30 pts
MA 43 games
Tarboro 25 games
West Columbus 13 games

Reactions: curtiscummings1
Glad I haven’t missed anything. LoL Its going down Friday night. That little choo choo you mountain folk ride on are going to be upset when the Bear Express comes rolling through. 😂
bear-salmon.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Bearmod1
As someone that has seen both teams against Murphy, that's just not the case. I'll be rooting for Robbinsville and the SMC next Friday night, but the Knights have a VERY tall task ahead of them.

Be careful you will offend all those mountain boys. They only have a list of all time winning programs in the mountains and they think that is the only teams they are. They are lost in their only little world. Lol. They thought it was impressive to work out on thanksgiving morning, heck teams down here are use to doing that every year. So please don’t hurt their feelings
There's been 1 and sometimes 2 SMC teams practicing thanksgiving morning for as long as I've been alive and I'm pretty old.

Last edited:
Talking about legacy, could someone please list the top 5 winningest football schools in NC? You know most wins all time!
While your at it, how about who has the longest win streak in NC all divisions right now?
Going into this season.......Top 5 all time wins...again this is not counting 20323
Shelby 850 wins
Reidsville 804
Mt. Airy 770
Asheville 693
Thomasville 684

Reactions: kingbluedevil
True 2 A inner city school with a population of 10,000 and County population of 73,000
Mt Airy
Vs
True 1A County school with a town population of 553 and County Population of 8,000
Robbinsville

After looking at these comparisons it’s clear that Robbinsville will win this game by 14
Or the numbers can be used as an excuse if they don't

Going into this season.......Top 5 all time wins...again this is not counting 20323
Shelby 850 wins
Reidsville 804
Mt. Airy 770
Asheville 693
Thomasville 684
Close, but this is wrong. Mt. Airy had 777 wins going into this season. Don't rely on other people's information. We are now 791-337-35. I have documentation on every game.

What a stupid a$$ comment!!!! You the one saying is 8 more than 15. You the one saying legacy is only about winning. Wth dude? You got the simple mind!!!!! MA has one of the best Traditions in NC FB.
Lol

Are most of MA state championship really before 1950s when there was only like 2 classes. Probably not much traveling for schools back then when they played football
Traveled more! State Championships were played on home fields. Most small communities didn't play 11 man football. Therefore, many had to travel every away game a great distance to another city to play. Mt. Airy even played Tennessee High in Bristol, Canden SC, Fayetteville NC, Dublin, VA Whiteville, Edenton, Wilson, Charlotte Harding and Hamlet many times in the regular season.

Are most of MA state championship really before 1950s when there was only like 2 classes. Probably not much traveling for schools back then when they played football
IMO no state titles by any teams means much before integratio.n. That’s just my option.

Traveled more! State Championships were played on home fields. Most small communities didn't play 11 man football. Therefore, many had to travel every away game a great distance to another city to play. Mt. Airy even played Tennessee High in Bristol, Canden SC, Fayetteville NC, Dublin, VA Whiteville, Edenton, Wilson, Charlotte Harding and Hamlet many times in the regular season.
Now that’s some pretty cool info

Thanks.
For example. Our 1938 State Championship team's away games were Camden, SC (defending SC State Champion), RJ Reynolds (Winston-Salem), Asheville, Leaksville (Rockingham County), and Reidsville. We won the State Championship at home against Whiteville. They had to travel that year.

Last edited:
I'm 73 so I can tell you from the 30's to late 60's Reidsville's biggest rivalry was Mt. Airy....used to be in the same conference (last year of that was 1970)..............classic games between the two, that got so heated that for about a 10 year stretch (early 40's to early 50's) their game was played in Winston-Salem (Bowman Gray Stadium, neutral sight)....miss playing those guys....the two teams did play once since 1970, in 2019, and were to play again the following year, but COVID reared it's ugly head....

18 years from 1934 to 1951 with the exception of 1936 either Reidsville or Mt. Airy played for the State championship.
Reidsville won 6 and was runner-up 4 times.
Mt. Airy won 5 and was runner-up 2 times.
Reidsville and Mt. Airy were huge rivals! Biggest there has ever been at any level in NC. Yep, played mostly at Bowman Gray Stadium.

No dog in this fight but my two cents worth Rville barely beat MH beginning of the year a MH team that improved quite a bit as the season went but Rville hammered a team that beat that improved MH.
You better be ahead of MA by half because they're a second half team though being ahead didn't help ER last week. So if the first is close Rville will need to make good arrangements at the half themselves especially on offense and show something that MA didn't see in the first and have prepared for.
People have mentioned Rville running game my question is can they pass which looks like MA weakest part of their D and defensively can they stop #5 & #4 especially on the outside?
I believe the difference may come down to turnovers according to Rbvill fans they've had some fumble issues this year you can't turn the ball over to a good team so they better get a hold on that. I'd be surprised if this is a blowout ether way.

Oh bty are there any UNC fans on here , my football season was made yesterday 🤣

Last edited:
No dog in this fight but my two cents worth Rville barely beat MH beginning of the year a MH team that improved quite a bit as the season went but Rville hammered a team that beat that improved MH.
You better be ahead of MA by half because they're a second half team though being ahead didn't help ER last week. So if the first is close Rville will need to make good arrangements at the half themselves especially on offense and show something that MA didn't see in the first and have prepared for.
People have mentioned Rville running game my question is can they pass which looks like MA weakest part of their D and defensively can they stop #5 & #4 especially on the outside?
I believe the difference may come down to turnovers according to Rbvill fans they've had some fumble issues this year you can't turn the ball over to a good team so they better get a hold on that. I'd be surprised if this is a blowout ether way.

Oh bty hard there any UNC fans on here , my football season was made yesterday 🤣
Shut up!!!
Just for last line. Everything else was fine.
😂😂😂

Oh bty hard there any UNC fans on here , my football season was made yesterday 🤣
I watched most of that State was clicking yesterday

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
How good is the kicker for Robbinsville. In high school not letting the opposing team start on the 35 plus yard line is important. Good offenses can score quickly if you set them up.

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT