ADVERTISEMENT

Mt Airy vs Robbinsville Western Regional Final

Really hate that this game is way up in the mountains with spotty signal and what sounds like poor streaming. Ruins it for us who can't travel to the stadium. Having signal and being able to broadcast should be requirements for hosting a Western Finals game.
The East & West finals should be at a centrally located school capable of holding up to 4 or 5000 people and can change location every year depending on the final 2, 1A schools locations, playing and be at any 3 or 4A school that is out of the playoffs and seats 4 or 5000 people. Also It should also be played on a Saturday afternoon. This game is important as it decides who plays for the state championship the following Saturday. Just my opinion and I know this years teams want home field advantage but this could be looked at for the next realignment if enough wanted it. That is just as fair as the State Playoff being near the center of the state.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Cdoc73 and NCBBFB
How is it a better environment if you can't see the game?

Well maybe you none of you want give media guys straight answer about cell service and talking about broadcasting fees and making jokes about rain and fog you better hope for hail storm cause mighty good football headedyour way
Several on here have said cell service is fine. A little advice...contact the school or the state to discuss broadcasting the game. Depending on a message board to
Sounds to me they trying to keep fans and media out of there Friday night might need to be reported to someone
Are you basing this on message board posts? 😆 hilarious
Let me help you...this is not official and some are playing you like a cheap violin.

Well maybe you none of you want give media guys straight answer about cell service and talking about broadcasting fees and making jokes about rain and fog you better hope for hail storm cause mighty good football headedyour way
We have answered those questions you DA. Sounds like the media guys need to read all the posts of people saying the cell coverage is great. They do need to get permission from the state though and pay the fee to broadcast the game. That is not a joke. But guess what there is a pretty decent football team waiting on that mighty goood football team you have coming over the mountain ole boy

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Isn’t this the responsibility of the radio station to know what to do and what channels to go through ? You’re not going to get the answer here. It has to be approved by the NCHSAA. As far as rain and weather conditions it will affect the game. I can only report what
The Topton Weather Man is the most reliable weather person in the Tri State area

The East & West finals should be at a centrally located school capable of holding up to 5000 people and can change location every year depending on the final 2, 1A schools locations, playing and be at any 3 or 4A school that is out of the playoffs and sets 4 or 5000 people. Also It should also be played on a Saturday afternoon. This game is important as it decides who plays for the state championship the following Saturday. Just my opinion and I know this years teems want home field advantage but this could be looked at for the next realignment if enough wanted it. That is just as far as the State Playoff being near the center of the state.
A 3A or 4A school that is out of the playoffs has moved on to hoops, wrestling, and "indoor" track. Good luck getting a stadium staffed by people with no dog in the fight.

You guys are really struggling with this. Seek professional help. https://www.brightside.com/ They offer a free online assessment.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Several on here have said cell service is fine. A little advice...contact the school or the state to discuss broadcasting the game. Depending on a message board to

Are you basing this on message board posts? 😆 hilarious
Let me help you...this is not official and some are playing you like a cheap violin.
Yep hook line and sinker

A 3A or 4A school that is out of the playoffs has moved on to hoops, wrestling, and "indoor" track. Good luck getting a stadium staffed by people with no dog in the fight.

You guys are really struggling with this. Seek professional help. https://www.brightside.com/ They offer a free online assessment.
Got ‘em all shook up !! Mission accomplished

We still have several cans of whip-ass we have not opened yet, so who is worried. Travel is my problem for the teams and fans. Travel time is less to Raleigh for the state playoffs than from some schools to those western mountain schools, so that is why I think a central location for the western finals is a good Idea.

Last edited:

I promise you, unless those larger schools a see a path to making money, they want no part of hosting any game. Volunteer help at them is probably harder to get than at a small community school.

500 seats for the visitors, not the visiting team. If MA doesn't sell all 500 of the tickets they get from whoever, that's on them. Still expect there to not be sitting room over there. I stand on the fence in front of the concession stand and really not a bad view from there other than you can't see the Robbinsville sideline.

Reactions: BlueVols
We still have several cans of whip-a$$ we have not opened yet, so who is worried. Travel is my problem for the teams and fans.
OOH, now we get to move on to the big talk.

You're no daisy, you're no daisy a'tall
I promise you, unless those larger schools a see a path to making money, they want no part of hosting any game. Volunteer help at them is probably harder to get than at a small community school.
Oh, he'll just open up one of his big ole cans o'whoop@$$ (TM 2023 BV Inc.) and by golly force 'em to. 'Cause he's responsible for the fate of hundreds, nay, thousands, of Goober and Gomer's cousin's that have just got to see or hear the game, don't you know.

Are you saying this to wildcat10?
He's from another town and another school...violin!
I’m just here for my brethren from Robbinsville 😂 just today I’ve been able to convince MA that they will be no seats for them, heavy monsoon rains with fogged In conditions, no cell service and the one and only hotel is booked for a tractor convention 😂. Or was I kidding ? These things could really happen all but tractor convention, it’s really a Harley Rally in town

I’m just here for my brethren from Robbinsville 😂 just today I’ve been able to convince MA that they will be no seats for them, heavy monsoon rains with fogged In conditions, no cell service and the one and only hotel is booked for a tractor convention 😂. Or was I kidding ? These things could really happen all but tractor convention, it’s really a Harley Rally in town
You should have said a mini cooper convention 😂

At least now I am Mr. Moderator. Someone posted y’all would take over. Better now. Sorry, didn’t know I wasn’t allowed to post. Later this week I bet I won’t be Mr.
Will be from me. You can post just as much as anyone else, I just don't know that you should try to put one posters against another. There is enough of that and you will probably have your hands full as is this week. I pull for Mt. Airy, but I don't agree with everything the other MA posters put on here. I try not to exaggerate or wear navy blue glasses. I like reading their posts, but they don't speak for me. I agree with some of the things posted and other times I find it overstated. That would be one of those cases. It's a Friday night game 5 hours away. Unless you're a parent, family, or die hard fan with the ability to get off work, you probably won't make it to this game. I would have to get off work by at least 1 pm to even get there in time and from the sound of it, I would get a better view not even trying to go.

Will be from me. You can post just as much as anyone else, I just don't know that you should try to put one posters against another. There is enough of that and you will probably have your hands full as is this week. I pull for Mt. Airy, but I don't agree with everything the other MA posters put on here. I try not to exaggerate or wear navy blue glasses. I like reading their posts, but they don't speak for me. I agree with some of the things posted and other times I find it overstated. That would be one of those cases. It's a Friday night game 5 hours away. Unless you're a parent, family, or die hard fan with the ability to get off work, you probably won't make it to this game. I would have to get off work by at least 1 pm to even get there in time and from the sound of it, I would get a better view not even trying to go.
Thank you for a good response. Believe it or not, there is a 50/50 chance right now I will make the drive. I certainly have no rooting allegiance. I am in the triad so it would be a long drive for me. But now that Bluvols has said no tractor convention in town, but a Harley one I may try to stay in the big city.

Somebody said the Bears are coming? I think I read they are the underdogs as well? Are these true statements?

Reactions: buzzcoach
I made a post earlier about changing the western and eastern finals to Saturday and a centrally location with a large seating capacity to hold at least 4000 fans but 3000 would be better than 16 or 1700. It is closer for most teams to drive to the state championship games than to the western mountains. 4 to 5 hours to Robbinsville and about 2 & 1/2 to 3 hours to Raleigh and less to Chapel Hill. East & West finals should be centrally located.

Reactions: NCBBFB
I made a post earlier about changing the western and eastern finals to Saturday and a centrally location with a large seating capacity to hold at least 4000 fans but 3000 would be better than 16 or 1700. It is closer for most teams to drive to the state championship games than to the western mountains. 4 to 5 hours to Robbinsville and about 2 & 1/2 to 3 hours to Raleigh and less to Chapel Hill. East & West finals should be centrally located.
I don't think there is a problem with the game being in Robbinsville. I think the one seed deserves the home game. I don't like the system used to determine who the 1 seed is, but we had that discussed for weeks. I would like it to be a Saturday game. Personally, that would be a great help in being being able to attend.

is there a game thread somewhere? I thought Bareman had posted a cell service thread. Did I overlook the game thread

It is not like anyone is believing anything you are saying. But keep on entertaining yourself.
Hmmm
I’ve read several posts about cell service, radio coverage, worried about seating capacity and talk about formal complaints about aforementioned and last but not least finding a neutral location that will elevate all concerns. Seems people are taking me seriously and well they should because I’m a straight shooter

Funny, we didn't hear this last year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT