ADVERTISEMENT

Mt Airy 73 BIshop 6

bareman

Jun 23, 2001
Bears roll up 500+ yards on O...D limits BM to 123 yds....Ian Holder 190total yards and 3 scores...Jonathan Smith rushes for 160& 3 scores...Donavon Greene w/2 scores...kicker Robert Brown 10-10 xtra pts & 43 yd FG (still climbing NCHSAA record books)...D limits BM to 124 total yards....at East Surry For NW title next

Last edited:
Wow; never thought I'd see that. Back in my days Bishop always played you guys tough.

What's Bishop running now anyways? I heard they change it up a lot.

73 point...wow....You guys need a No Class Club up there..The Albemarle chapter can sell you a franchise..lol

Reactions: ESOD
90pct were running scores. Even the subs got in a couple scores with running clock. Buddy how much to acquire a franchise membership

Not coming to their defense but when you run it up the middle with 2nd and 3rd string backs then jv's and they still can't stop you. What do you do?

On that note when the third place team in our conference can't even score on the top two teams. Weak conference other than the top two. Nothing you can do about that other than play your games against who they put you with.

Not coming to their defense but when you run it up the middle with 2nd and 3rd string backs then jv's and they still can't stop you. What do you do?

On that note when the third place team in our conference can't even score on the top two teams. Weak conference other than the top two. Nothing you can do about that other than play your games against who they put you with.
Playing every one on the team. Could put in the water boys/girls if any girls.... LOL Coaches Holder of Mount Airy nor Diamont of East Surry are know for running up the score. You can't stop the second string from scoring. They are getting experence.

Last edited:
From the Mount Airy News on who played the second half.
Coach Holder wasn’t trying to run up the score in the second half, but the reserves and JV’s (the Villains don’t have a JV team this season) still managed to add two more touchdowns in the abbreviated second half.
So the reserves and JVs played 2nd half because Bishop has no JV team.

Reactions: jsc1973
From the Mount Airy News on who played the second half.
Coach Holder wasn’t trying to run up the score in the second half, but the reserves and JV’s (the Villains don’t have a JV team this season) still managed to add two more touchdowns in the abbreviated second half.
So the reserves and JVs played 2nd half because Bishop has no JV team.
Correct. I wrote the article. No one has any legitimate beef against MA or Coach Holder about that score. He was already running some reserves out there five minutes into the second quarter--and that hurts them, because if they get the East Surry team that played Ragsdale next week, MA's starters are going to have to play 48 minutes, not 15. They haven't had to do that in weeks.

It's more disrespectful to the other team to just lay down and not compete against them. MA's backup QB scored the first one after halftime when their third-string running back ran 70-some yards in two plays. The last one was scored by a backup DL who got a pick six.

Last edited:
Where do you get I was taking exception to anything you said?

I was agreeing with you. Point is, there are people who are saying Coach Holder ran up the score. I've heard that more than once today from people who weren't there. In no way do I think you were one of them. He went out of his way to keep the score down.

Take a chill pill, dude. This wasn't about your comment, it was about the game. I was simply adding to what I said in the story.

Heck, I didn't even know that you knew who I was, or I wouldn't have mentioned that I wrote the article.

Last edited:
Correct. I wrote the article. No one has any legitimate beef against MA or Coach Holder about that score. He was already running some reserves out there five minutes into the second quarter--and that hurts them, because if they get the East Surry team that played Ragsdale next week, MA's starters are going to have to play 48 minutes, not 15. They haven't had to do that in weeks.

It's more disrespectful to the other team to just lay down and not compete against them. MA's backup QB scored the first one after halftime when their third-string running back ran 70-some yards in two plays. The last one was scored by a backup DL who got a pick six.
Does anyone think I took this the wrong way as it was disrespectful for Mount Airy to lay down and not compete against the other team ?

I meant that the MA coaches couldn't just tell their reserves not to compete and try to score, because that's even more disrespectful to Bishop than scoring on them. I think I was clear on that.

I meant that the MA coaches couldn't just tell their reserves not to compete and try to score, because that's even more disrespectful to Bishop than scoring on them. I think I was clear on that.
OK , I am sorry I took it wrong . It was my fault .

Last edited:
Friday Night Lites, Please don't stay off of here. You have a lot to offer. You do a lot of things people don't see. You were defending the Bears and I will never fault anyone for that.

John is just trying to be an honest reporter and I don't think he intended to disrespect our coach or the Bears.

Lol. Respecting everyone, yes. But pleading for a grown man to stay on a messageboard is hilarious too!!

FNL, you do a great job posting scores and everyone is grateful to have somewhere to go(here) and find scores easily, everyone will really appreciates that. Please though, stop being so sensitive over things when someone makes a post that you took wrong to begin with. You do a great job at finding and posting scores.

Lol. Respecting everyone, yes. But pleading for a grown man to stay on a messageboard is hilarious too!!
I guess I took it he was saying Coach Holder was being disrespectful to Bishop by taking the starters out and hurting their chances by playing them 15 minutes not 48. I had been asleep and woke up feeling groggy and read his post and guess I took his meaning wrong. I told him I was sorry but you still had to make your smart remarks after I did that..... At least I gave you a laugh :) .
Also no one else on this board spends at least 3 hours on Friday night searching scores and posting them all as fast as I do for the schools fans and NCPRep fans and for 3 conferences at that.. Believe my it is a task and takes a lot of multitasking on at least 6 different sites.It has took several years to find it all. Would you like to take it over for me. Be more than happy to pass it on.

Last edited:
I've been doing this for 24 years, in Rocky Mount, Henderson, Warrenton, Garner, Mount Olive/Princeton and now Mount Airy. I started when I was 20 and now I'm 44, and God willing, I'll still have the chance to do this when I'm 68.

In other words, I've seen some very, very good high school football played in a lot of different places across the state. I've never run down any kids I've covered, nor any coach who did things the right way (and Coach Holder does), and I sure as hell am not going to start now! Look at the date I signed up here. Ask anyone else who's been here that long if I ever have.

That's the last I am going to say on this matter.

Last edited:
For the 3rd time I am sorry I took it wrong.....Accept it or not ! And I am done also.....And believe me it gets harder at 68.

Last edited:
Respectfully getting the scores are great. Taking every message personal however is not. I appreciate the early scores before the news and before getting home from the game. Thanks FNL. Still you gotta lighten up though.

Respectfully getting the scores are great. Taking every message personal however is not. I appreciate the early scores before the news and before getting home from the game. Thanks FNL. Still you gotta lighten up though.
This does not stop my doing the score. I will do them as I said until the last team loses in the NWC/WPAC/MVAC State Playoffs .... .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT