ADVERTISEMENT

Mt Airy 31 East Surry 21

bareman

Jun 23, 2001
Bears fall behind 14-0...go on 31-7 run to win NW 1A...Ian Holder accounts for over 200 yards of offense and throws for 2 scores (Jeremiah Rosser) Jonathan Smith rushes for 120 yds & 2 scores...kicker Robert Brown 4-4 xtra pts and 42 yd FG to end the half ( ole MO changer) East’s Gosnell and Ray tough running the ball 1st Q...Bear D made adjustments .....state playoffs up next

East Surry is a totally diffrent animal than it was first of year. First time ive seen them since ragsdale. Wasnt sold on gosnell at qb till last night, well some what sold that is . Lot of passion out of that kid. Little nervous coming out of first quarter, thought the cards had the bears number again . Story of game to me was Bear d tighting up. Offense looked a little shakey but a win is a win and a big win when it comes in pilot mtn. Broke of in a sweat from coaching so hard in the blechers ( still undefeated i might add ) lmbo . Still think hauser is the fit for the cards at qb , gosnell back there takes a way any kind of passing threat you might have , also think the bears need to look to green a little more, lets be honest he was at notre dame last weekend for a reason. Both teams are poised for great success in playoffs . Favorite time of year baby

Lets just hope this weather holds up a few more weeks bareman , that creek bank gets cold this time of year, and the older we get the colder she gets. Thankful for another home game , ummmm , just so i can take another gander at that new scoreboard again. Kinda left me awwww after the north surry game.

Both the Cards and the Bears needed that game going into next week. What a game. That is the kind of ballgame both fan bases have been wanting to see all year. They both will be tough outs in the playoffs and hopefully end up on opposite ends if the bracket so they don’t knock each other out till late. Congrats to the Bears and best of luck in the playoffs.

I expected East Surry to be a tough game. If one would really look at their losses and how they play sound fundamental football, one would know it will be a battle. Mt. Airy is so athletic, talented and fast, but East is always a tough game. Gosnell and Joey Ray are beasts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT