ADVERTISEMENT

Mt Airy 42 Polk Co 20

bareman

Jun 23, 2001
never a doubt in this one...Bears score 21 first Q points and never look back...Ian Holder accounts for 5 scores ( 3 pass 2 rush) & 200 yds of “O”...Bear “D” forces 3 turnovers...Polk’s last 2 scores came very late vs reserves...Robert Brown goes 6-6 on xtra points...Bears host Bessemer City in 3rd round next

Last edited:
A good win for the Bears. I figured Mt Airy would put up those kind of numbers on offense but to hold Polk to one score against your first string D is very impressive. Polk have shown to have some ability offensively, so that says a lot about the strength of the Mt Airy D.

I fully expect the Bears to roll next week, I don't think Bessemer City is any more of a challenge than Polk. I might give BC a slight edge defensively over the Wolverines but I'm not convinced they're as good offensively, let alone better.

Mt Airy first string probably cruises to an early lead and the Bears bring on the reserves at some point in the 3rd.

Last edited:
MA will roll next week. They'l be able to pass at will on BC. They only have 1 DB (#4) that has any height to him. The rest are maybe 5'6". Maaaaaybe. Very small in the LB area too. They do have some meat on the line, but cramps were a problem late in the game. Also, no kicker at all. MA will get the ball regularly around the 40yd line if BC scores.

Polk had opportunity to score in I think 2nd qrtr but fumbled the ball close to goal line. MA then marched down the field and scored . Big back for Polk was a hand full.

Impressed at how crisp the offense looked with a week off. We talk alot on here about the offensive weapons the bears have , but that defensive line and linebacker core carried some heavy wood last night. Very impressive!!! Number 7 had a great night as well , very fun group to watch.

Yeah. Kind of easy to put up a lot of pts with starters vs reserves and jv pull ups after the game has been long decided.

I enjoy reading different editors take on a game. It’s fun to read how some people see the game. That’s why I get on here and read these forms. It seems like here lately there been more talk before games than after them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT