ADVERTISEMENT

MA 57 WS Prep 0

bareman

Jun 23, 2001
too many athletes on Preps team not to be better than they are; Ian Holder accounts for 130 yds of O and 3 scores; Jonathan Smith with 3 rushing scores...Donavon Greene and Ryan Edwards force safeties...kicker Robert Brown 5-5 & 20 yd FG...Bear "D" limits Prep to 24 total yards; host Bishop next for Senior night

Reactions: Tigertown_a_Rick
Wow; 24? Yikes.

I've seen film on them; they are fast as can be. They ate South Stokes up; don't get how they didn't win.

I don't agree with bearman much but I will on this. If they had some discipline or coaching or something, they could be really good. Big and fast but they have no clue what to do. Penalties on top of penalties when we played them.

Wow..East Surry and Mt. Airy are getting absolutely no competition in that conference. Credit both teams for fielding traditionally great squads. Will the lack of ANY competition in conference play make them fold against a decent team? It seems that Mt.Airy/E.Surry are the only teams with a pulse in that conference. Heck E.Wilkes/Wilkes Central folded in the 1st rd last year like a lawn chair..so I guess parity within the conference, doesn't really matter sometimes.

about 3/4 years ago it was “Black Friday” for Bears (lost to Swain) ES (lost to Avery) in 1st round...

I think that's the same year Elkin won the MVAC and was upset by one of the Columbus schools in the 1st round.

Swain was cracking heads that night. It was mad cold too in Mt.Airy. Those hits seemed bone crushing. Lol. I was bracing for the hits myself. LoL.

about 3/4 years ago it was “Black Friday” for Bears (lost to Swain) ES (lost to Avery) in 1st round...
Yep, difficult night for both sides. I think both teams were physically/emotionally spent from the ES/MA game the previous week and they were also both caught looking ahead to the 2nd Rd where they were scheduled to potentially meet again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT