ADVERTISEMENT

Mr. Btango

wannbecoach

May 8, 2004
B hind bars n Idaho
You Sir goes 2 South Carolina and watch High School Football games. How can they come up with no problems N's there State Playoff compared 2 North Carolina system.

Well we are always which is the fans complaining about NC PLAYOFF seeding. and when we travel 2 watch a SC high school game SC fans very seldom they complain about the system they used.

They complain, also. They once used a point system based that got a lot of flack. There has been a huge amount of complaints about the actual classifications and districts this year including a lawsuit. SC has about 160 less football playing schools and probably every school is within four miles of the geographical center. Does not seem to be as much division as you see in NC.

One issue in NC there have been split conferences and seeding those teams. Then you have 256 of 375 (or so) teams making the playoffs. Have to wait for the ADMs to come out. The whole classification structure needs to be reviewed and the football playoffs could use a complete overhaul.

Mr Wannabe Coach azz Mr B Tango sed u needa b more pacific but most yer posts r tew atlantic fer most folk to undertan.

I am an advocate of going to 6 classes now. Possibly make 6A and 1A smaller than 2A-5A. In football, 32 teams get in in 2A-5A, and 24 in 1A and 6A.

I have modeled it on my website. http://www.simmonsratings.com/nchsaa.htm

I prefer six divisions in football with 32 teams. No byes! That is 196 teams qualifying which is just over half of the football playing schools.

NC needs to review the alignment as a whole and possibly do a separate football and non football alignment. That was presented to the schools four years ago and it was thought to be too confusing and would hurt rivalries. I thought that was the best idea for football I had heard as it would allow them much more creativity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT