Silver Member
Oct 2, 2007
Mount Airy Girls 2 - 0 With 2A North Surry up Next 12/4/15

Mount Airy - 53

Wesleyan Christian Academy - 50

Mount Airy - 63
Surry Central - 28

Last edited:
Mount Airy Girls 49 to 48 over Atkins @ Atkins tonight... Bears Trailed 25-14 @ The Half....
Lady Bears Now 4-0
Bears At Starmount Wednesday and at Home Friday vs West Stokes

Last edited:
West Stokes girls can"t seem to get past the 9 points scored in the 1st Qtr
Start of 4th Qtr
Mount Airy --- 63
West Stokes - 09

Lady Bears Now 6 - 0
Final

Mount Airy --- 72
West Stokes - 11
Next Week Games
Tues. North Stokes @ Home
Wed. @ West Stokes
Fri. @ North Surry

Last edited:
Mt. Airy girls were young last year so knew they would be really good this year. Sounds like a big year for girls' and boys' basketball this year for the Bears. N. Surry obviously really good too. Must be something in the water out there. I am surprised W. Stokes is not stronger in girls hoops. I wonder if they have a girls' sport that goes year round and takes a lot of the good female athletes in the winter???

bareman, I don't think that the Stokes girls are involved with AAU ball like all of the girls from Mt. Airy, East Surry, North Surry and Surry Central playing for the Surry Storm. I know A. Shelton from Mt. Airy actually plays AAU with the Winston-Salem Stealers. That extra time on the court makes a world of difference and is one of the main reasons girls basketball is so strong in the conference. Also, West Stokes has had no continuity of coaching the last several years.

Working tonight with no axcess to scores if someone wants to post them if not it will be tomorrow sometime before I can post them. Don't usually work on Fridays night but some one called in sick.:mad:

Bear Girls now 10 - 1
Mount Airy -------87

Christiansburg - 41
Advances to the Grayson National Bank Christmas Tourney Finals Wednesday

Last edited:
Mount Airy Advances to the Grayson National Bank Christmas Tourney Finals Wednesday Night At 7 PM To Play Forbush For The Championship . Forbush defeated Grayson Co. 56-28. Tuesday Night. An all North Carolina Final Match Up ! !

Last edited:
Headlines changed for anyone to take over this thread . I am a bit burnt out . Sorry !
Best of Luck to the Bears and the NW1A Conference in the playoffs !

Last edited:
I will post these last standings and hope they are all up to date.
NW 1A Girls Basketball Standings AS Last Reported
Atkins------------- 8-3 - Conference - 1-1
Bishop ----------- 5-7-- Conference -- 1-2

East Surry------- 7-6 - Conference -- 2-0
Mt Airy --------- 10-2 - Conference -- 2-0
North Stokes -1-12 - Conference - 0-3
Walkertown --- 6-6 -- Conference -- 0-2
WS Prep --------- 9-2 -- Conference -- 2-0

Last edited:
MA girls improve to 13-2 with win over East Surry 66-37

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT