ADVERTISEMENT

Montgomery Central HS (Updated: 5/14: MC needs games)

place is a dumpster fire. fans with unrealistic expectations given their talent pool, paired with the fact they gave Brown everything he wanted and then when the seat got hot from the community, he said bye.

• Haha
Reactions: footsoldier
Where did you hear that? Talent down I give that to you. Are you in this community? You always have your few who think they can coach better from the stands and never come to a practice, Sunday afternoon game plan and want to insert their 2 cents worth. Those fans are everywhere. I don't think that it is a dumpster fire. School board makes decision not to let anything sports wise happen until seasons started. No weight training, skill sessions etc. So yes they were way behind. They showed progress through out the year.

I disagree with the 'dumpster fire' statement also, as it relates to MCHS alone. If anything, this whole spring season has been one for a lot of teams...some of whom only got three or four games in due to covid cancellations.

I believe that with time, MCHS will be competitive, even though going up to 3A. Last fall was spent bringing in players from two campuses and trying to mold them into one team, then the pandemic threw a wrench into everything this year.

What will slow the football development at MCHS is having to adjust to a new coach. But, with 30 years in the system, who can blame Benjie for calling it a career?

I believe with the facilities the new school has, it can attract a very good coach. As for all the know-it-all coaches in the stands? That happens everywhere and is going to continue.

Have heard some names. I do not want to comment as all of those names are rumors. Once they are confirmed by reliable sources I will let you know. Benjie did a great job the last two years with all that was going on. MCHS has a great young staff as well as experienced coaches. It will take some time, but not a bad place to be. Community will support teams and coaches. Booster Club is great and does all it can for student athletes in all sports to have the best of the best.

I disagree with the 'dumpster fire' statement also, as it relates to MCHS alone. If anything, this whole spring season has been one for a lot of teams...some of whom only got three or four games in due to covid cancellations.

I believe that with time, MCHS will be competitive, even though going up to 3A. Last fall was spent bringing in players from two campuses and trying to mold them into one team, then the pandemic threw a wrench into everything this year.

What will slow the football development at MCHS is having to adjust to a new coach. But, with 30 years in the system, who can blame Benjie for calling it a career?

I believe with the facilities the new school has, it can attract a very good coach. As for all the know-it-all coaches in the stands? That happens everywhere and is going to continue.
Thirty years has always been his plan. Congratulations to Coach on a great career!

Reactions: BulldogJacket85
I would go strong after Pinecrest head coach Chris Metzger. He lives nearby and would he a dynamite hire.

I hate it didn't work out like Montgomery County folks had hoped. I didn't figure Brown would extend his career past 30 years. I can't imagine driving to Troy from the north end of Thomasville every day.
I wish Coach Brown a happy retirement.
I also wish MCHS good luck finding someone to keep the ship afloat.
The new MPC 3A is going to have some good teams in it next year. MCHS will need to be above average to compete.

Reactions: SCRballer
It all depends on if they want a Good Program or Not. They can make the money what they want it to be. It all depends on what title or titles they structure the job under. I agree with OC.

So it seems that it was pretty much a given that Coach Brown was leaving when his clock hit 30 years.

Did the folks in charge down in Montgomery County know it? I applaud the decision to retire. If I work a day past 30 years of service, someone needs to slap some sense into me.

So now MCHS has basically a first year program rolling into year 3. One win, right? One win over Graham, which is at best a JV quality team, if that.

What do you y'all think the MPC looks like next year for football?

I can't call 1st-4th.
But it is probably North Davidson, Oak Grove, Ledford and Asheboro in whatever order.
5th-6th: Central Davidson and Montgomery Central

So it seems that it was pretty much a given that Coach Brown was leaving when his clock hit 30 years.

Did the folks in charge down in Montgomery County know it? I applaud the decision to retire. If I work a day past 30 years of service, someone needs to slap some sense into me.

So now MCHS has basically a first year program rolling into year 3. One win, right? One win over Graham, which is at best a JV quality team, if that.

What do you y'all think the MPC looks like next year for football?

I can't call 1st-4th.
But it is probably North Davidson, Oak Grove, Ledford and Asheboro in whatever order.
5th-6th: Central Davidson and Montgomery Central
Common knowledge in Thomasville. Don’t know about in Montgomery County.

Have they started interviews? What’s time line? In my opinion they need to make a couple phone calls.

Well, some interviews are happening. Do not know the timeline or confirmation of who; just rumors. The job posting closes on May 8th. Hopefully we will have an answer soon at MCHS.

Reactions: PrepFanNC
Where did you hear that? Talent down I give that to you. Are you in this community? You always have your few who think they can coach better from the stands and never come to a practice, Sunday afternoon game plan and want to insert their 2 cents worth. Those fans are everywhere. I don't think that it is a dumpster fire. School board makes decision not to let anything sports wise happen until seasons started. No weight training, skill sessions etc. So yes they were way behind. They showed progress through out the year.
Everything in Montgomery county is a dumpster fire. Everything in Montgomery county is two dumpster fires pushed together.
When West Montgomery was in the Rocky River conference Catholic used to play them. Every year we slapped them around like a $10 whore. Anytime we were at their place it was the same thing griping fans. pushy parents and boosters, hostile administration, musical head coaches, and terrible football. Not where I would want to live or send my children to school.

55221C31-0079-4AFE-9CB3-C62FF1A30470.jpeg

Did the folks in charge down in Montgomery County know it? I applaud the decision to retire. If I work a day past 30 years of service, someone needs to slap some sense into me...
Excerpt per PrepFanNC

Oh, Gawd, that hurt ! I think he broke my jaw with that one. :D

Very reliable source was introduced to him. As well as some coaches. So no Elvis was not in the building. Evidently Coach was. Must be some traction to this happening.

The first thing I would ask any coach at this point is, “are you going to stay more than two years”.

That last hire sounded good, but it was a bust.

Metzger is a very good coach. What he has done at Pinecrest would have never been imagined before he arrived.

He will ruffle feathers. He will expect a lot and he will give a lot. Success comes with caveats. How much success determines how much will be tolerated for the most part. If he wins right away and goes deep in the playoffs, the Montgomery County folks will tolerate a lot considering what they have experienced the last few years.

Reactions: Griddie
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT