ADVERTISEMENT

Monroe @ Ashe Co

Originally posted by No.1RamsFan:
The problem with most of the mountain teams (except Asheville) is the fact that they do not have the speed
AC Reynolds, Erwin and Hendersonville have athletes and speed, maybe you meant teams in Asheville, not Asheville itself.

Originally posted by GoNtheDistance:
Monroe lost a good bit in the trenches on both sides of the ball, in addition to the Wynn kid who was a Shrine Bowler. They do return quite a bit of their skill guys. They are big and fast and get after it. They are a dark horse to win the state title and seem to be playing their best ball when it counts.
Here are highlights of Sun Valley at Monroe played on September 26th. The Red Hawks look to still be pretty big and fast.

This link has highlights of two games. For Monroe, forward it to about the two minute and forty-five second mark. Monroe, of course, is in the red uniforms.

Incidentally, Sun Valley is a 3A team who beat East Bladen (who I believe could represent the east in 2A) in a close non-conference game early in the season.

Sun Valley at Monroe

I'm not going to get in pissing contest here, but the Hibriten team Ashe faced in September would beat Monroe by three scores, IMO, based on film I've seen of Monroe and what I saw from that Hibriten team before the whole backfield went down with injuries. For whoever said Monroe is the best team Ashe has faced this season.

Here's to a great game tomorrow.

Eric, hope you've been enjoying the playoffs...Good luck to you and the Huskies, tomorrow night.

Originally posted by Lincolnton:
Eric, hope you've been enjoying the playoffs...Good luck to you and the Huskies, tomorrow night.
I believe it's a good match up and the field,weather and environment favor the Huskies.

Mr. Lincolnton, are you working or going to your game tomorrow night?

Cheerduck, I'm scheduled to work, tomorrow, but I'm trying to make arrangements to go to the game. Are you working, tomorrow, and if so will you stay over for the Ashe County game or would you be going somewhere else ?

Eric as much as I hope an wish that you are right I just don't think you are. Hibriten even with a healthy backfield wasn't as good as South Caldwell. I think Hibriten had their backfield healthy when they played South an they lost an I know or am pretty sure South Caldwell taking on Monroe would be alilttle closer than the Mt Tabor game but not much.

Monroe is just that good buddy. Don't misunderstand me I'm not taking up for em' just stating the facts. I'll be on ur side of the field cheering on Ashe right there with Ya but it's gonna be a much tougher game than ever expected. There alil suspect anyway for almost letting Maiden back in the game an maidens struggled this year. Still got athletes though.

Eric, give us the quarter by quarter score update man. Appreciate it. Couldn'take it tonight

I think it is Monroe 42 Ashe 14, three minutes left in first half.

This post was edited on 11/21 8:36 PM by maybelline

Lol. I'm sorry but comparing scores is a foolish thing to do. Starmount lost to Mt Airy and destroyed East Surry. East Surry beat Mt. Airy. See what happened?

Illuminati704
My little foolish comparing scoes came to be ture, now you look foolish. Look like my theory or hypothesis of 7.5 tds was about right for Monroe

Illuminati704

If you were at the game you can now put your definition of What An Athlete Is. Just call it Monroe.

Ashe is a solid team and deserves some respect.

I agree. the fact that they made it to the playoffs commands my respect.

This post was edited on 11/21 10:15 PM by No.1RamsFan

Originally posted by HARRYT:

Lol. I'm sorry but comparing scores is a foolish thing to do. Starmount lost to Mt Airy and destroyed East Surry. East Surry beat Mt. Airy. See what happened?

Illuminati704
My little foolish comparing scoes came to be ture, now you look foolish. Look like my theory or hypothesis of 7.5 tds was about right for Monroe
Every dog has its day however any reasonably logical persons knows comparing scores is not a good way to predict an outcome of a game. You were right though and I give you credit.

For the record - I never picked Ashe to win or even keep it respectable. Just said they deserved some respect (more than they were getting anyways). Congrats to Monroe on the big, BIG win tonight. Congrats to Ashe on a successful season. Back to the mountains in round 3 for the Red Hawks.

Originally posted by Eric Staal:
I'm not going to get in pissing contest here, but the Hibriten team Ashe faced in September would beat Monroe by three scores, IMO, For whoever said Monroe is the best team Ashe has faced this season.
roll.r191677.gif

this folks will go down in NCPreps lore as one of the stupidest things ever typed

Illuminati704

You know I had you peg wrong, It take a lot of courage to admit you were wrong.

This post was edited on 11/21 10:35 PM by HARRYT

I was waiting on Eric Staal updates but he must have got dizzy watching Monroe go up and down the field.

I think ppl respect Ashe Co.

But common sense says look at the film and schedule for both teams, total mismatch. Congrats to Ashe on a fine season. Monroe is my pick to win it all

Originally posted by Champ_24:
I think ppl respect Ashe Co.

But common sense says look at the film and schedule for both teams, total mismatch. Congrats to Ashe on a fine season. Monroe is my pick to win it all
Just like Carver, right?

Just kidding man. Monroe has a good of shot as anyone does.

704 I know. I'm just messing to. Man I would like to see a regular season.game between Ashe and Franklin

Originally posted by Champ_24:
704 I know. I'm just messing to. Man I would like to see a regular season.game between Ashe and Franklin
Bro, I wanna see a Shelby - Monroe match-up.
eek.r191677.gif

Yikes - that is a serious butt whupping. Ashe is a good team for their area - but Monroe showed them to be a fraud when it comes to facing teams with speed, speed and more speed.

So with all that speed on Monroe, are there any track stars at WR an RB that make noise in the state 100m an 200m dash?? I believe Ashe had one guy do that not long ago prob grad already.

I am so glad I didn't make a trip up to Jefferson for this massacre. Came really close, ended up going to Lake Norman vs Adrey Kel. Way better game to watch with a QB that may have been just as accurate as Ashes but faster on feet. I guess that kinda game is to be expected when a country boy school with 2 or 3 LR/Catawba/Wingate level players vs a bunch of dudes that could start right away at App/Western/Elon/(good backups to UNC/Duke/State etc LOL. Well I mean it is what it is. Equivalent to Carolina Panthers vs AFC pro bowl team

Here's the million dollar question for an Ashe fan, how many of those kids on this successful an yes it was successful Ashe team would be at NW Ashe if the 3 schools still existed??

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT