ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell

KW23

Feb 9, 2011
Will they have a good squad this year? I know they travel to Sparta week 3. Last years game was much closer than expected

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Week 3. May have to ride up the mountain and watch that one. MA will have Surry Buzzards so might as well check our the mountain teams.

I dont see how mount airy fans watch there games in regular season... I know I haven't had this experience at all being an alleghany Trojan fan... But isnt it boring watching blowouts every week... I hate going to games that I know will be a blow out one way or another... Like whats the point of going if you know your team is going to have a running clock on the other school... Same goes for fans of teams that know they will have a running clock put on them... For instance u wont ever see me at a Mt airy alleghany game.... Unless u have a child playing or cheering or something than I totally understand going to all the blowouts and beat downs.

KW you have a point and sometimes it is not a lot of fun. However, one thing I do watch for is this: how are we executing?
Are we getting better?
Are we tending to lose our focus?
Also, watch the first half and then watch the second half since that usually is the 2nd unit and jv players.

I know it is common to talk about "tested" teams going into the playoffs. But the other side of that is fewer injured or hurt players as well as experienced depth.

One thing that I know for sure: There is very little that Mt Airy Administration can do about the teams we play. It is not like we can pick up the whole town and move it to Iredell or Catawba or Davidson County.
And those that say, change your non-conference schedule. Yea, sure. Tell North Surry or Surry Central or East Surry to give up those gates that Mt Airy brings to them. Sure, try that and see how far you get.

I wish Mt airy and Galax played every year.... Those would be some good games. Galax is always in the running for a state championship like Mt airy has been recently... And there not far from each other.

Mitchell should have a pretty good team this year. Returning several key players and bring in several off an undefeated JV team. Title contenders naw don’t see that but a quality 1a team. They did lose some key lineman that will be hard to replace. Just this ol boy’s opinion.

Go Mountaineers

Mitchell should have a pretty good team this year. Returning several key players and bring in several off an undefeated JV team. Title contenders naw don’t see that but a quality 1a team. They did lose some key lineman that will be hard to replace. Just this ol boy’s opinion.

Go Mountaineers
Just beat the piss out of Draughn. Keep hammering those gashs into submission.

And those that say, change your non-conference schedule. Yea, sure. Tell North Surry or Surry Central or East Surry to give up those gates that Mt Airy brings to them. Sure, try that and see how far you get.
Mr. Whitley,

I have been to Mt. Airy for games against all 3 of those schools, seems the visitors bleachers are always full against those teams. I guess those good gates for MA are not good enough to give up either. I have been there too when neither side was full also.

Reactions: gdawg74
Mr. Whitley,

I have been to Mt. Airy for games against all 3 of those schools, seems the visitors bleachers are always full against those teams. I guess those good gates for MA are not good enough to give up either. I have been there too when neither side was full also.
I do not disagree with your comment and observations. Sometimes I have just been amazed that the stands are not full for every game. But the last couple of years Mt Airy has taken more fans to Surry Central than they had and equal to or more at East and North.

Still your point is well taken.

Reactions: Sportsnut17
lol 6’8 235. WR
With that speed? They moved him to receiver? Door must have needed to fill some space. Guy got shut down by 1 a teams twice. Maybe fee eats some potato chips he will gain some weight. Too bad the other kid doula wasn't looked at as much. Much better football player. But I'm sure they'll be some dad giving some haircuts down in Raleigh this year. POS

Glad to see you got smart suede head and sent that other boy to play for a real coach Plus he ain't getting off the line of scrimmings no matter how much she does he ain't going to get strong enough

You delusional fools from valdese keep on thinking. Can't wait for you to open that trap to your new coach at freedom. You won't even be sitting in the stadium

Mitchell should be decent I see us going 6-4 maybe 7-3 and going a couple rounds in the playoffs. From what I've been hearing next year is when we will be back to being a top program in 1A. Looking forward to seeing what these new guys bring to the table this year!

Reactions: RealStihl and KW23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT