ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell vs Watuaga

Idk if any of you have had a high ankle sprain but a week or 2 doesn’t heal that. I have and I worked every day and couldn’t get off of it and I struggled with it for close to a year with a brace etc. had I been able to just stay off of it and let it heal it would have still taken -6,8,10 weeks. Even still that ankle will still not be as strong. Mind you I was in my 20’s and not an old man so don’t throw out this he is young kid. I know youth heal faster but that injury is nagging. I hope he is able to get where he needs to be for the team but I certainly don’t think these non conference games are what he needs to worry about. Also that Hernia hasn’t just disappeared. The expectations on this kid are not easy to carry either

Last edited:
That’s great news !! Glad it’s not broken. Praise the lord for that and may he heal quickly !!
Best of luck to the Mountaineers

Reactions: RealStihl
If it is an high ankle sprain then he definitely should set out. I don't anything about the sophomore that backs him up but I heard he did well at the scrimmage game and what little he played at McDowell he looked pretty quick, Mitchell has had 3 sophomores including Turbyfill who lead them to 14-2 ,12-2 & 7-1 records so maybe he should be giving the chance to be QB and give Turbyfill a chance to heal up for the conference games especially as been said with the well balanced offense around him. I'd hate to see Turbyfill keep getting worse playing like Pitman did in the 2019 playoffs by the ES game he told his teammates in the first drive that he wasn't sure if he could last the whole game.

Reactions: RealStihl
You'll have to tune in on wtoe 1470
Thanks bud! I am gonna try to check it out. I watched you all play Robbinsville last year. I loved watching the boys come out of the woods. I would love to catch a weekend Mitchel and Robbinsville both play at home on opposite nights and come down and watch. Spend Saturday in Haywood County looking at family tree info. Then watch whoever plays on Saturday night? I am gonna have to check out the schedules. That would be the perfect football weekend for me lol! And you both won, lol!! I sure hope those young men that are banged up get healthy. I know that QB wants to play, but it’s a long season. A coach might have to hold the reins in on him to protect him if he isn’t ready. You know what everyone of us would have done in his shoes if the choice was ours?

All of you are acting like Turbyfill means nothing to Mitchell. What a slap in the face to that young man

Reactions: Purple1995
All of you are acting like Turbyfill means nothing to Mitchell. What a slap in the face to that young man
Of course he means a lot but they aren't a 1 man team. They have 2 awesome backs, the best kicker in WNC, and mammoth offensive and defensive lines.

He’s the best player in the conference, but Mitchell can still be competitive without him, but he will be back. I’m told it’s just a minor sprain. It will hurt for a few games, but they are not nearly as dependent on him this year.

Mitchell will still be top of the conference even if he isn't 100%. Draughn or Owen stands no chance
Disagree turbyfill is best player in western highlands. If he can't play 100 percent that's huge. Mitchell can still win conf , but it's going to be a fight now.

All? I believe he means a lot to Mitchell my point was not to make his ankle worse by playing him before the more important conference games where you need his talent and experience to win the conference and go into the playoffs but if you play him in non-conference games you can make it were he can't play.
To me the kid that's getting a slap in the face is his backup that he can't possibly be good enough to keep Mitchell in a game and give Turbyfill a chance to heal, of course he's not Turbyfill as said best player in the conference and I don't know how good he's going to be but I remember when Turbyfill took the reins his sophomore year some people where saying that he was no Pitman.

Reactions: Purple Mountain
I never said they can’t compete with someone else. It’s not a given to win it all with the backup. I think the right call is to sit Turbyfill now and have him later. Whenever that is

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
Never said they were a one man team but he is just not an average player. He is an elite player. You don’t just sweep that under the rug

To be honest, he was not their best player vs McDowell. Young and Giarusso were. McDowell really put an emphasis on stopping him but couldn't stop their backs. That could be because of his hernia but he didn't injure his ankle until late in the game.

I’m sure he has been used sparingly because of the Hernia. He hasn’t rushed 20-25 times a game like he would if he were healthy

Never said they were a one man team but he is just not an average player. He is an elite player. You don’t just sweep that under the rug
I don't believe anyone is sweeping it under the rug , I think we're all in agreement that he is an elite player but he should set out at least this game to give him a chance to heal and save him for more important games.

I’m not trying to be a smarty but they have played Erwin and McDowell and neither of those teams are going anywhere. Erwin was in a dog fight to a very down Heritage team till late and McDowell squeaked out a win vs a below average RS Central team. Those wins aren’t that impressive. We will see what happens with Watauga. Mitchell is good. Very good. Not unbeatable

Mitchell May match them on the line and may match them with a couple athletes but Chase would out athlete anyone in WNC aside from ACR and maybe Asheville. They will destroy Polk and Hendo

They Might match on the line but you need to go see there line before making that statement

You make a lot of statements without any real knowledge about teams. That makes it hard to believe anything you say. I was the first on here to mention the Hernia which was confirmed and the sprain which was confirmed on here. Do you think I pulled that out of my rearmed. Nope. But you do

I’m not trying to be a smarty but they have played Erwin and McDowell and neither of those teams are going anywhere. Erwin was in a dog fight to a very down Heritage team till late and McDowell squeaked out a win vs a below average RS Central team. Those wins aren’t that impressive. We will see what happens with Watauga. Mitchell is good. Very good. Not unbeatable
Giving up almost 60 points isn't impressive either.

This Chase team reminds me of the 2003 Owen team. 2002 we lost to ACR and we’re not dominant then 03 we beat everyone till we slipped up in the playoffs with 5 turnovers and lost by 7. Using your logic we would have been the same team in 2003 than 2002

You make a lot of statements without any real knowledge about teams. That makes it hard to believe anything you say. I was the first on here to mention the Hernia which was confirmed and the sprain which was confirmed on here. Do you think I pulled that out of my rearmed. Nope. But you do
Your team gave up more points to Chase than Mountain Heritage. I would worry more about finishing in the top 3 or 4 than winning the league.

It wasn’t. I agree but it was truly not indicative of the game either

Mountain Heritage had a running clock the whole 2nd half because Chase scored first thing 3rd quarter and made it a 42 point game. They had there starters I’m in the 4th quarter vs us even after scoring a pick 6 that gave them 42 point lead. They never punted vs Heritage. We made them punt several times. This games were totally different and I watched them both

Reactions: Sammci
Mountain Heritage had a running clock the whole 2nd half because Chase scored first thing 3rd quarter and made it a 42 point game. They had there starters I’m in the 4th quarter vs us even after scoring a pick 6 that gave them 42 point lead. They never punted vs Heritage. We made them punt several times. This games were totally different and I watched them both
Ok but you still have little reason to brag and try to diminish Erwin and McDowell (who are both at least as good if not better than Owen)

I don’t believe either of them are. You have done nothing but downed Owen with your rhetoric all year and you know nothing about them. 2009 Owen beat Erwin 35-0. Erwin beat Heritage. So Owen should have destroyed Heritage right? Wrong. Heritage killed Owen. You have to look at the whole body of work. Not stupid things. Football is about matchups and health of the teams momentum etc

I have not bragged yet. You’ll know when I do. Had nothing to brag about yet. We did get beat Friday. I’m just not panicking because the mistakes we made can be fixed

I don’t believe either of them are. You have done nothing but downed Owen with your rhetoric all year and you know nothing about them. 2009 Owen beat Erwin 35-0. Erwin beat Heritage. So Owen should have destroyed Heritage right? Wrong. Heritage killed Owen. You have to look at the whole body of work. Not stupid things. Football is about matchups and health of the teams momentum etc
I haven't downed Owen, I just don't think they have a realistic chance of winning the conference.

Mountain boys are known for toughness, (knock us down, we get right back up). Lived it and seen it that injuries don't always stop or even slow us down sometimes. The passion to play is a powerful thing. Having said that, I personally am not counting Mitchell's QB1 out or even disadvantaged, but that's just me.

We also scored more points than Heritage. We lost by the same margin but were tied at 8 after Owen giving up the opening kick for a TD. Then Owen gave up 2 punt returns for TDs set up 2 other tds with 2 punts returned to the 25 and gave up a pick 6

You have downed Owen and said they were a year or 2 away with 0 knowledge of anything but last years scores

Your right Sam. They have a linemen going to Duke and their rb is a big recruit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT