ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell vs Watuaga

Someone told me tonight that he was talking someone in Boone who said Watauga circled this game on their calendar that they want revenge for the home lost last year and beating Mitchell on their new turf field would be icing on the cake.
Like been meationed QB hurt ankle I believe the same one he hurt a couple years ago plus already two players out from last week and possibly G Young if he ends up having a concussion.

Reactions: wncbowhunter
I believe Watauga beat 2A Powerhouse Maiden last night 23 to 19, according to Charlotte Observer. Is it next Friday night that Mitchell host Watauga? If yes, besure to eat your Wheaties all week long.

I believe Watauga beat 2A Powerhouse Maiden last night 23 to 19, according to Charlotte Observer. Is it next Friday night that Mitchell host Watauga? If yes, besure to eat your Wheaties all week long.
Yep, it's this upcoming Friday. Mitchell will have an uphill battle all night. They will have to clean up some stuff if they want to compete with the Pioneers.

Yep, it's this upcoming Friday. Mitchell will have an uphill battle all night. They will have to clean up some stuff if they want to compete with the Pioneers.
Even if Ty's ankle ends up being okay and G. Young doesn't end up having a concussion and is able to play, to complete in this game they can't have the slow starts they've had in the last two games.
If they come into the game as healthy as they can be ,two other starters are out no matter what from the Erwin game, I assume they'll come out Friday pumped up for a team like Watauga plus their first home game on their new field and won't come out dead like last night in the first half the Erwin game I'll chalk up to first game rust but another slow start could add up to a long night.
That said if they're as healthy as they can be for now and play to their potential that they can definitely compete with Watauga.

Reactions: Purple1995
Even if Ty's ankle ends up being okay and G. Young doesn't end up having a concussion and is able to play, to complete in this game they can't have the slow starts they've had in the last two games.
If they come into the game as healthy as they can be ,two other starters are out no matter what from the Erwin game, I assume they'll come out Friday pumped up for a team like Watauga plus their first home game on their new field and won't come out dead like last night in the first half the Erwin game I'll chalk up to first game rust but another slow start could add up to a long night.
That said if they're as healthy as they can be for now and play to their potential that they can definitely compete with Watauga.
These kids played ea other 3rd thru eighth grade, we are 4-4 rec and middle school those years, I say Mitchell by 3 mainly because we may have the best kicker in the west

Originally from Boone but live in TN now. Love my pioneers and they're got some playmakers this season. Watauga is normally good, but this season feels different. A lot of seniors want to go the distance and have been under habich their entire hs career. Really excited for a good game. Isaiah Shirley recently committed to NC state, trey Thompson to Davidson college. I say watauga by 10. If they let the defensive line loose, watauga by 14 to 17.

I was just told from a former Mitchell player that it was broken. Man I hate that. That young man plays his heart out
That is awful, senior year too hopefully he will be able to come back by playoffs they will struggle without him, he is definitely the best player in the conference keep him and his family in your prayers, good people

That is awful, senior year too hopefully he will be able to come back by playoffs they will struggle without him, he is definitely the best player in the conference keep him and his family in your prayers, good people
I hope he will be back as soon as possible. Mitchell still has the horses to roll on. Prayers for him and his family and team 🙏🏼

Some good news, G Young does not have a concussion he will play fri, still waiting on news on Turbyfield I feel guilty for being whiny and not going this year, I'll be back fri walking the fence nervously as usual So Mountie can poke fun, our season ain't over, it's just begun. GO MOUNTAINEERS!

If Turbyfill broke his foot he needs to fix that hernia so that he can be 100% for the playoffs
Amen on that might as well get it all over with, he would be out 6 to 8 weeks, and honesty we are so loaded in the backfield we would still likely win the conference I will know something for sure shortly on him, waiting on a call

That's the truth man. He carried that team in the playoffs on offense. He was something else.
He lifted mine up at the end of the Championship game, while my son knew it was the last time he would take the field, consoling him best pic i ever saw, front page of the cit times, still makes me teary eyed, these are all good kids we have, Ledger should be loaded to support em fri

Originally from Boone but live in TN now. Love my pioneers and they're got some playmakers this season. Watauga is normally good, but this season feels different. A lot of seniors want to go the distance and have been under habich their entire hs career. Really excited for a good game. Isaiah Shirley recently committed to NC state, trey Thompson to Davidson college. I say watauga by 10. If they let the defensive line loose, watauga by 14 to 17.
Its different this week, I honestly dont think you will like the outcome

Its different this week, I honestly dont think you will like the outcome
As long as all the players stay safe, and the glory goes to the Lord, the outcome doesn't really matter to me. I'm a father of four trying to teach young children that football is only a small part of life. With that being said, y'all gave up 19 points to Erwin and 16 to McDowell, pioneers have a better offense than both. Also held Maiden to 19 points, which is the lowest in over a year. I'm not worried.

As long as all the players stay safe, and the glory goes to the Lord, the outcome doesn't really matter to me. I'm a father of four trying to teach young children that football is only a small part of life. With that being said, y'all gave up 19 points to Erwin and 16 to McDowell, pioneers have a better offense than both. Also held Maiden to 19 points, which is the lowest in over a year. I'm not worried.
I think it'll be a game for sure, a lot in the air right now Erwin and McDowell are both much improved also this years group have won the last two meetings vs Wat 8th grade, and previous season it will be Mitchell's toughest game since Tarboro

I think it'll be a game for sure, a lot in the air right now Erwin and McDowell are both much improved also this years group have won the last two meetings vs Wat 8th grade, and previous season it will be Mitchell's toughest game since Tarboro
Not doubting the Mitchell team, I have watched y'all accomplish great things here of late. Nothing makes me happier than watched any team from the far west challenge the Charlotte, Winston Salem area kids for a chance to represent.

Some good news, G Young does not have a concussion he will play fri, still waiting on news on Turbyfield I feel guilty for being whiny and not going this year, I'll be back fri walking the fence nervously as usual So Mountie can poke fun, our season ain't over, it's just begun. GO MOUNTAINEERS!
I was told the opposite that he does have concussion and will not be playing Friday and they are doing x-rays on Ty in the morning.

Seeing how my philosophy is that all players are my neighbors, just some a little further away than others, I truly hope for the best for these guys. I do not care what team they play for. If they are sitting at the next table over, they are just fine young men. My thoughts and prayers go out to them.

I hope it's just a sprain on Ty, that's what they're thinking the xray is just to be sure
I just asked his grandmother and she just said pray for him. I hope the X-ray is negative for a break or anything ether way sounds like he probably won't be playing Friday, I don't think a non-conference game with worth making it worse no matter what.

If it's up to Gage he will play
Well it might not my information that's wrong but my assumption. I was thinking if have or suspected of having a concussion that you automatically can't play in the next game but reading the rules it sounds like as long as you're cleared by medical after their tests then you can play in the next game.

Well it might not my information that's wrong but my assumption. I was thinking if have or suspected of having a concussion that you automatically can't play in the next game but reading the rules it sounds like as long as you're cleared by medical after their tests then you can play in the next game.
I just hope he is 100% if not then he should skip a week

I just hope he is 100% if not then he should skip a week
No dog in the fight, but I agree. Every game is important, but not as important as this man's health and future. Concussions can be a serious issue and linger for a long time if not dealt with properly. I hope he is alright and ready to go Friday. I may just take a trip to bakersville for this one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT