ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell vs Watuaga

No dog in the fight, but I agree. Every game is important, but not as important as this man's health and future. Concussions can be a serious issue and linger for a long time if not dealt with properly. I hope he is alright and ready to go Friday. I may just take a trip to bakersville for this one.
It should be a good game, I feel better knowing the 3 that were out will probably be back, hopefully Turbyfield too, but if not we have several kids ready to step in

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
Unless the rules have changed if he is diagnosed with a concussion he will have to sit out next game. Hope he is ok.

Reactions: Purple1995
What's kinda odd at least to me is how the thread aside from the injury conversation seems to put if not all at least most of the pressure on Mitchell to make it a game or win. State runner ups or not Mitchell is a very small 1A school going against large 4A who last week was ranked #12 in the West seems there just be some pressure not to get beat two years in row by a 1A school.
Like I say maybe that's just me and I'm miss interpreting .

Gonna be watching this game online . Go mountaineers. Always wanna see the little guy beat the big guy.
Not sure it will be online on the Mountaineer football Facebook page they made a post about not to fall for ads stating that Mitchell is on the NFHS network that they rather have people in the stands then watching on TV. When asked about at least showing home games on YouTube they didn't reply.

What's kinda odd at least to me is how the thread aside from the injury conversation seems to put if not all at least most of the pressure on Mitchell to make it a game or win. State runner ups or not Mitchell is a very small 1A school going against large 4A who last week was ranked #12 in the West seems there just be some pressure not to get beat two years in row by a 1A school.
Like I say maybe that's just me and I'm miss interpreting .
I still say we are the favorite with or without Turbyfield from what I see everyone except Robbinsville and Tarboro is down in 1a, Mitchell by 3

Even if mitchell was 100 percent, they still would be the underdogs this year. Hope they get their players back would be good game. Even if turbyfield is out rest regular season , still think mitchell can win western highlands.
I think they're state contenders 12 weeks from now, but to each his own

Who’s got the call up there on am radio? Gonna check out St Mary’s and Rossville live out here in Kansas but would love to listen to the mountaineers put in work as well. Give that feeling of being at the house
Wtoe will be the radio source. Be prepared for 3 hours of the most biased, one-sided comedy routine of a sports broadcast you'll ever hear.

Wtoe will be the radio source. Be prepared for 3 hours of the most biased, one-sided comedy routine of a sports broadcast you'll ever hear.
Good lord Danny, there's no sense in that, if I'm Watauga coach I'm getting on that kid trying to figure out just what he was thinking we cant have that, we run a respectable program here I'm sure Coach Travis Pittman wants an explanation that's just uncalled for let's go to a radio break with our friends at ALTEC LOL

Gonna be watching this game online . Go mountaineers. Always wanna see the little guy beat the big guy.
How would you watch this game on line? I live in West Virginia and love following western NC football. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Mitchell by 7 I just got that feeling Turbyfield ain't never lost to em as a starter and he will be playing the pressure is not on 1a Mitchell it's on 4a Watauga not to get beat by us again lol we roll Friday I got news today a sigh of relief and guess what pioneers our calendar is marked too, for the second week in December lol

Reactions: 97Cougar
Mitchell by 7 I just got that feeling Turbyfield ain't never lost to em as a starter and he will be playing the pressure is not on 1a Mitchell it's on 4a Watauga not to get beat by us again lol we roll Friday I got news today a sigh of relief and guess what pioneers our calendar is marked too, for the second week in December lol
Well I assume they had good news with the X-ray Monday. Did you happen to hear what it was? Because if it's something like a sprain I still wouldn't play him and make it worse for this game.

I'd like to thank the good lord for his mercy and pray we make it thru this fri win or lose with no injury as well as our opponent, guys this will be one for the books, come to Ledger fri and support these kids

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
To go from thinking the foot was broke to playing less than a week later is a little risky in my opinion.

I hope they are smart about it. I get wanting to win this game but in reality the game really doesn’t mean much. If it was a playoff game I might would have a different opinion.

It’s better to have him healthy in November/December instead of trying to play hurt and win a game the first week in Spetember.

To go from thinking the foot was broke to playing less than a week later is a little risky in my opinion.

I hope they are smart about it. I get wanting to win this game but in reality the game really doesn’t mean much. If it was a playoff game I might would have a different opinion.

It’s better to have him healthy in November/December instead of trying to play hurt and win a game the first week in Spetember.
Well said, that's my thoughts as well. Yes it isn't broke but it's still a injury hes not 100%. I would like to see him be able to heal and be ready for conference and playoffs

I hear he has a high ankle sprain and if that’s the case he won’t be 100% all year

If my info is correct I think the WHC is up for grabs. I believe Draughn would be the favorite and Owen will challenge them. I think Mitchell would slide in at 3rd without a healthy Turbyfill the Heritage Madison Avery Rosman

Owen gave up 29 non offensive points to Chase and that game got away from us in the second quarter but if you use that game as a measurement of how good Owen is by the score you will be sadly mistaken

Not 1 team in the WHC has the linemen or speed and overall talent that Chase has. Not 1

If my info is correct I think the WHC is up for grabs. I believe Draughn would be the favorite and Owen will challenge them. I think Mitchell would slide in at 3rd without a healthy Turbyfill the Heritage Madison Avery Rosman
If it were last year I would agree. Mitchell is much more balanced this year. He’s only has around 20 carrys in 2 games for around 100 yards and both were convincing wins against much larger schools. Everyone should be back by conference play. The next two weeks will be tough though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT