ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell (5-2)(3-0) @ Mountain Heritage (5-1)(3-0)

Listen last two years you know i was on here talking all manner of $h!t. Had a kid playing and last year just like purple1995 this year I was staring down the last few games and i got a little hot during the game at Mitchell and probably said some things I shouldn’t have and worded things the wrong way but my goodness this guy is ridiculous. If I ever get on here and start trashing youth coaches from any county who are taking their time “unpaid” to try to help and work with kids I hope you all get together and come whoop my ass. I worked the youth league board in Yancey for 3 years. I know what a thankless job and all the BS you deal with. In my opinion he don’t represent MH at all and most of the guys that were on here the past few year have had their kids graduate. And the offer of his A$$ to call me is still open. And on the joking side….Where you at 1995? Got some cougar green sour apple shine that would probably put you down lol
I will sure take some, I'm sipping seagram's right now as we speak lol, who you talking bout ole buddy I'm lost? By the way I killed a couple of deer if you need any meat let me know lol

Call me Friday 284-6212 I’m gonna give you a few shots of this cougar green shine before the game to ease the pain and to make sure I get your keys to put you on the baseball field before the game is over lol
You're on I can drink anybody in NC under the table seriously bring it I'll bring some beef jerky it goes good with it

Reactions: 97Cougar
I will sure take some, I'm sipping seagram's right now as we speak lol, who you talking bout ole buddy I'm lost? By the way I killed a couple of deer if you need any meat let me know lol
Ole 2020 but definitely I will my daughter is dating Halls youngest boy now so I’d say I’m stocked on the deer meat lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Purple1995
Best two Mitchell teams I’ve ever seen were 86 and 2015. I’ve watched games for a long time. The 84-90 teams had multiple d1 players.
I had a coach from back in my day who said when Mitchell started winning a lot said to me that he still would take my senior year's team Fall season '82-'83 over at that time over any of them. We were the first to play on the Mitchell field first team with a wining record but we did miss the playoffs I believe by one game but we played in 3A little Mac back when North Buncombe ( who we never did beat), Owen , West Henderson was really good teams it was the first time we ever beat Hendersonville. Brevard win the 3A that year watched every game with my brothers and dad one of the best D's I've seen in high school. 3 players 2 seniors and one Junior went on to D1 the two seniors both went on the be All ACC one 2nd team All American in college and several others played small college.

For the last time are you a coach. I gave you my opinion let it go , maybe I shouldn't said anything on this board. I never said I represented yancey county i get on here and have little fun. Everyone on here takes this crap to serious, it's just a game. I am done with this , only 2 heritage fans on here lol.
🖕🏻No I’m not a coach but I have been.

Reactions: Purple1995
For the last time are you a coach. I gave you my opinion let it go , maybe I shouldn't said anything on this board. I never said I represented yancey county i get on here and have little fun. Everyone on here takes this crap to serious, it's just a game. I am done with this , only 2 heritage fans on here lol.
You're a dum dum jr let the adults speak lol

Are your initials MW? IF so I'm gonna kick you in the grapes at the june meeting lmao lol!

I had a coach from back in my day who said when Mitchell started winning a lot said to me that he still would take my senior year's team Fall season '82-'83 over at that time over any of them. We were the first to play on the Mitchell field first team with a wining record but we did miss the playoffs I believe by one game but we played in 3A little Mac back when North Buncombe ( who we never did beat), Owen , West Henderson was really good teams it was the first time we ever beat Hendersonville. Brevard win the 3A that year watched every game with my brothers and dad one of the best D's I've seen in high school. 3 players 2 seniors and one Junior went on to D1 the two seniors both went on the be All ACC one 2nd team All American in college and several others played small college.
If you’d had riddle as coach that team would’ve competed for a state championship

I can prove that cause I was on that team. 1-11 For 2 years straight. Knowing what I know now I would've done things so different. BUT the memories last forever. Im tickled to death that travise turned things around and I remember clearly signing the petition my fellow students passed around. Proud moment when Coach Pitman was anounced as the next coach. Makes me a little jealous to be honest that these younger kids get to experience the way he coaches. Now I get to enjoy my brother play. Mitchell by 9.
He is a senior captain ain't he?

If you’d had riddle as coach that team would’ve competed for a state championship
I do think we ran the wrong offence for the type of talent we had the QB was a real good passer and we had good receivers but he was slow, he was a drop back QB playing in an option type offense all we needed was him to ether pass or hand or pitch the ball to the really good running backs. Another thing never understood our kicker in practice could kick the ball in the end zone just about everytime but he had him scribble it everytime. Another thing back then we had lineman who were good enough to have rotated like they do now but the first string played both ways and the 2nd hardly ever saw the field.

I do think we ran the wrong offence for the type of talent we had the QB was a real good passer and we had good receivers but he was slow, he was a drop back QB playing in an option type offense all we needed was him to ether pass or hand or pitch the ball to the really good running backs. Another thing never understood our kicker in practice could kick the ball in the end zone just about everytime but he had him scribble it everytime. Another thing back then we had lineman who were good enough to have rotated like they do now but the first string played both ways and the 2nd hardly ever saw the field.
Y’all played Phillips boys at linebacker and they ended up 1st and 2nd team all American d1 guys. James Phillips was all acc and made Dallas cowboys squad. Had speed at tailback. Idk how y’all didn’t win conference

Are your initials MW? IF so I'm gonna kick you in the grapes at the june meeting lmao lol!

if this is MW I’m gonna wheel kick him up side the head when I see him. Don’t care if we spent all those years in ISSHIN-RYU or not I’m gonna kick him square in his dumb head!
My question is if it is MW which cousin is he pulling for mine or the green one? Lol

Where are all the spinach juice fans? This is probably the most important game between these teams in a while. Green team is now in 1A and a lot is on the line. I sense apprehension and anxiety.

Oh where o where has 2020 gone? Hiding down on Jack's Crk perhaps maybe not chime in 2020 I miss you already lol!

There is hardly any Heritage fans on here because they know they are gonna get beat fri lol
I for one dont think well get beat,but if we don't clean up the penalties, especially the false starts it will be hard to beat any decent team,much less Mitchell.
I do think Mitchell has a better overall team this year but in this game this year anything could happen it would not surprise me if Mitchell comes in and beats us 40 to 16. But it also would not surprise me if Heritage won 14 to 6,i know (some) of you Mitchell fans have short memories,)) but i can remember the 2019 game at Heritage just like it was yesterday.
This is just my opinion but Mitchell's 2019 team was one of the best teams in the whole State, that 2019 season i may be wroung just my opinion ,your defence was very good ,plus the offence could beat you many different ways that 2019 Mitchell team came within a bad call of maybe playing Tarboro for the State Championship.
That would have been one hell of a game.
What im getting at is if we could win that game we for damn sure can win this one.
Massy Rankings has Mitchell winning 28 to 20 with Mitchell a 8.5 point favorite
The over and under is 55.5
Damn that's alot of points..
Im going Heritage 8 to 7 to revenge our 8 to 7 lose to Mitchell in 1982 my Junior year.
That 1982 game my be one of the best games played between the two schools, coldest damn night i can remember , it was at Mitchell it was so cold that they might have been 20 people there and that's counting the referees..
Lol they still might. Avery looked more skilled than Heritage Friday night. They would have probably won if they didn't have more penalty yards than Heritage had offensive yards. They couldn't even score on Pisgah..
We couldn't score vs Pisgah in 2019 either, how did that work out for Mitchell..

I for one dont think well get beat,but if we don't clean up the penalties, especially the false starts it will be hard to beat any decent team,much less Mitchell.
I do think Mitchell has a better overall team this year but in this game this year anything could happen it would not surprise me if Mitchell comes in and beats us 40 to 16. But it also would not surprise me if Heritage won 14 to 6,i know (some) of you Mitchell fans have short memories,)) but i can remember the 2019 game at Heritage just like it was yesterday.
This is just my opinion but Mitchell's 2019 team was one of the best teams in the whole State, that 2019 season i may be wroung just my opinion ,your defence was very good ,plus the offence could beat you many different ways that 2019 Mitchell team came within a bad call of maybe playing Tarboro for the State Championship.
That would have been one hell of a game.
What im getting at is if we could win that game we for damn sure can win this one.
Massy Rankings has Mitchell winning 28 to 20 with Mitchell a 8.5 point favorite
The over and under is 55.5
Damn that's alot of points..
Im going Heritage 8 to 7 to revenge our 8 to 7 lose to Mitchell in 1982 my Junior year.
That 1982 game my be one of the best games played between the two schools, coldest damn night i can remember , it was at Mitchell it was so cold that they might have been 20 people there and that's counting the referees..

We couldn't score vs Pisgah in 2019 either, how did that work out for Mitchell..
Well you've really got me concerned about my memory because I would have sworn that '82 game ( my senior year) was at Mtn H but working it backwards it would have been at Mitchell. Oh well I guess dementia has started early.
But I do remember the 2019 team and though I was mocked by 2020 when I made the comment that's one of the teams I was thinking of that I believe Mitchell had better talent but still lost at MH. As for them not going to the championship it wouldn't have mattered Mitchell really lost the state championship or at the chance to play in it during the Polk game when QB Pittman got a high ankle sprain, didn't much matter in the Swain game but it didn't have time to heal, his mom told me after the ES game that on the first drive he told them in the huddle that he didn't know if he could make it then by the 4th he was playing with cracked ribs where a ES player kicked him after he was tackled, so under those circumstances it didn't really matter I don't think.
Hopefully last springs game got the mind thing out Mitchell.

Last edited:
It’s going to be heck of a game. I think whoever wins this could get number 2 or 3 seed in the playoffs. I think whoever don’t have a lot penalties an turnovers will win the game. Because this game it’s hard to say who’s a better team because both of them are line evenly match this year. I think whoever wins at trenches and averages 3-5 yards rushing will win.

I just hate having to drive thru burnsville. It's like the squid game with all those traffic lights.
We sent out some emails last night to try to ensure that all the students and fans get there early to fill up the bottom parking lot so y’all will probably be parking in the upper parking lot. Just a heads up.

We sent out some emails last night to try to ensure that all the students and fans get there early to fill up the bottom parking lot so y’all will probably be parking in the upper parking lot. Just a heads up.
I wouldn't doubt it one bit. I'll probably have to park at pine hill and walk there.

On second thought, that actually might be quicker than having to wait on the 27 red lights from east yancey to Heritage 😁

How about some history?
This will be the 51stmeeting all time
Mountain Heritage's all-time record is 216-287 (.430)
Mitchell's all-time record is 268-261-1 (.506)
Mitchell owns the all-time record 30-20
Mitchell won the first game 13-0
Mitchell won the last game 34-8
Mitchell dominated the 70's going 4-1 (both teams started in 75)
Mitchell dominated the 80's going 11-1
Heritage bested in the 90's going 7-5
Mitchell owned the 00's going 7-3
Heritage dominated the 10's going 8-2
Mitchell's longest win streak was 7 (00-06)
Heritage's longest win streak is 5 (15-19)
Mitchell won twice in a season once (86)
Heritage won twice in a season once (93)
They split a season twice (85 and 94)
They have never met in the playoffs
Mitchell has had 7 10+ win seasons
Heritage has had 9 10+ win seasons
Heritage has had 3 winless seasons
Mitchell has had 0 winless seasons
The lowest scoring game was 3-0 (Heritage)
The highest scoring game was 69-18 (Heritage)
There have been 3 games decided by 1 point
There have been 14 games decided by 1 score or less
Mitchell has won with 4 shutouts
Heritage has won with 5 shutouts
Mitchell won the first game ever 13-0
Heritage won the second game 16-0
Heritage has had 1 perfect regular season (lost in the 1st round)
Mitchell has had 1 perfect regular season (lost in the 3rd round)
Mitchell's playoff record is 25-21 with 5 western runner ups and 1 state runner up
Heritage's playoff record is 22-20with 1 western runner up and 2 state runner up.

One thing that confuses me I saw a wlos article from 2018 that gave the over all record and adding the games since did come to 30-20 but here the problem as far as I know they've never played each other in the playoffs. So if they never meant in pre-season then how can you have a 30-20 record which is 50 years when 1975 is only 46 years ago?

One thing that confuses me I saw a wlos article from 2018 that gave the over all record and adding the games since did come to 30-20 but here the problem as far as I know they've never played each other in the playoffs. So if they never meant in pre-season then how can you have a 30-20 record which is 50 years when 1975 is only 46 years ago?
They have played more than once in a couple of years.

Go Mountaineers

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT