ADVERTISEMENT

Might As Well Start It Now.. It's Coming,Always Does !

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are talking 2 different things: your touting your achievements which have been successful; I’m saying all the prep work for this season didn’t really help you in that you lost the one game it all came down to; just curious did your starting 5 all live in Lincoln Co? Not bringing up resident thing, just curious...

What defines Lincoln Charter School ?

• Family friendly, small school environment for students in elementary through high school (K-12)
  • Tuition-free public school serving Lincoln, Catawba, Gaston, Iredell, Mecklenburg and surrounding counties
  • Sponsors a lunch program
  • Encourages and recognizes the importance of parental involvement
  • Mecklenburg Population alone is over 1 million (est.) (2016) 1,054,835

Reactions: BK13T-$
We are talking 2 different things: your touting your achievements which have been successful; I’m saying all the prep work for this season didn’t really help you in that you lost the one game it all came down to; just curious did your starting 5 all live in Lincoln Co? Not bringing up resident thing, just curious...
Southeastern Catawba County & Lincoln. 4 of 5 starters have been together since they were 9 and 10 years old. LSC campus is 6.5 miles from Catawba Co on Hwy 16

What defines Lincoln Charter School ?

• Family friendly, small school environment for students in elementary through high school (K-12)
  • Tuition-free public school serving Lincoln, Catawba, Gaston, Iredell, Mecklenburg and surrounding counties
  • Sponsors a lunch program
  • Encourages and recognizes the importance of parental involvement
  • Mecklenburg Population alone is over 1 million (est.) (2016) 1,054,835
25 mile radius barely gets into Mecklenburg. You assume it covers all of the county? All charters have those rules. Mt Island Charter takes in much more of Mecklenburg than LCS. So does CSD. None of us like it but the state sets the rules. Would rather be playing 2A. Many schools in our area are 2A & would be better competition & closer travel.

25 mile radius barely gets into Mecklenburg. You assume it covers all of the county? All charters have those rules. Mt Island Charter takes in much more of Mecklenburg than LCS. So does CSD. None of us like it but the state sets the rules. Would rather be playing 2A. Many schools in our area are 2A & would be better competition & closer travel.
That is what they have posted on their website claiming to take students from those counties not parts if them or mention a 25 mile radius.
http://www.lincolncharter.org/about/overview/

Last edited:
All I hear are excuses. MA took you right to the final ticks of the clock last year and had two questionable calls at end of game. Most teams in conf schedule many 4a teams during non conference including the Frank Spencer Tournament. I repeat only what you say about other schools. Work harder get better. N W conf has to play prep multiple times a year you only see them once if you are lucky

Time to move on to another subject please. You guys will always throw your negative, sob BS out about how unfair. Truth is NO Charlotte, Iredell or Gaston kid is coming to a 1A charter school to play any sports. So, keep thinking LCS pulls from 4 million people who cares. Stick to supporting your schools we will stick to ours. That is what makes sports fun. And the best teams don't always win it every year. Good luck to WSP this Saturday. Keep it in the west.

there are Meck Co kids at Mtn Island...that’s a charter....Meck Co kids at PLP....at CSD .....may not be at LCS but there are MC kids at those charters

Reactions: wncbowhunter
are MC kids super sayians??

Whats the difference from MC kids and other kids.

are MC kids super sayians??

Whats the difference from MC kids and other kids.

Difference is most or all Meck schools are 4A, Gaston is 3A....meaning they aren't going to go from a 4A school to a 1A school...Most of the time. I can't speak for MIC, CSD, or PL but LCS pulls majority from Lincoln and Eastern Catawba Counties...

Just imagine murphy or Robbinsville pulling from that area.

Difference is most or all Meck schools are 4A, Gaston is 3A....meaning they aren't going to go from a 4A school to a 1A school...Most of the time. I can't speak for MIC, CSD, or PL but LCS pulls majority from Lincoln and Eastern Catawba Counties...
I don't see it that way. A 4A or 3A school can have way more really good players then they can play in basketball or football and some are going to go where they can get playing time and a school with a good program that gets deep in the playoffs most every year be it 1A or 2A ... 4A schools can have really great players spending more time on the bench then on the field or court that can be starters in 1A..

Last edited:
Reactions: BK13T-$ and sbbbfan
Hey, we finally can agree on something. You are right. Mt Airy or Prep should have won the title last year.
No way. Lincoln Charter is and was way better than any of those teams...Proved it as they beat both. Lincoln Charter is better than any team this year but didn't play anything like they are capable of in Saturdays game. But that is why you play. Again, Good luck to WSP this Saturday.

No way. Lincoln Charter is and was way better than any of those teams...Proved it as they beat both. Lincoln Charter is better than any team this year but didn't play anything like they are capable of in Saturdays game. But that is why you play. Again, Good luck to WSP this Saturday.

So let’s see...when you win the best team won. When you lose, the best team lost. Once again I like your posts, they always make me laugh.

I don't see it that way. A 4A or 3A school can have way more really good players then they can play in basketball or football and some are going to go where they can get playing time and a school with a good program that gets deep in the playoffs most every year be it 1A or 2A ... 4A schools can have really great players spending more time on the bench then on the field or court that can be starters in 1A..
Lovetoplaysports I see you had no answer to the truth above ! ! LOL .. Just your Lamebrained other responces on how great a school is supposed to be that draws from the largest county in North Carolina along with many others that surround Lincoln Charter and the better schools will be WSPrep playing in Raleigh Saturday for the state Championship. You have a funny way of crying about losing. WSPrep has a way of pulling out the win no matter what as you will undoubtedly see again Saturday. The Northwest Conference has to deal with them every year, a 1A school like Lincoln Charter that has a huge area for a 1A school to draw from like Lincoln Charter does. Did you hear Mount Airy having excuses when Lincoln Charter only beat Mount Airy by the score of 54 - 51 last year in the western finals.If I remember correctly LCS was supposed to have beat MA far worse.

Last edited:
How about you give them braves a call and come on up to the Rez and see what’s up. We will be waiting. Seems like you were the pretender this year we never once said we were going to win state. We just a reall 1a team with multi sport kids who play everything just so we can field other sports. Continue your special rules and advantages and boast about getting 2 rounds farther . Heck we played our first game dec 20. You been playing for 3 months 5 extra games and all that

You mean to tell me that LC doesn't field teams in most other sports? At least WS Prep,.................uhhhh, wait, never mind.

Last edited:
You mean to tell me that LC doesn't field teams in most other sports? At least WS Prep,.................uhhhh, wait, never mind.
Why all the hate toward LCS? LCS is 20 year old school which doesn't have football yet. Most expensive sport to field. They have all the other sports, including baseball, softball, volleyball, soccer, track, cross country, golf, swimming & diving. And basketball. They've also raised over $50,000 for cancer research along with Thomas Jefferson through Jimmy V foundation over the last 8 or 9 years. LCS also has college prep curriculum where almost 100% of students are accepted to college. And you guys hate them because of basketball?

Reactions: Champ_24
Why all the hate toward LCS? LCS is 20 year old school which doesn't have football yet. Most expensive sport to field. They have all the other sports, including baseball, softball, volleyball, soccer, track, cross country, golf, swimming & diving. And basketball. They've also raised over $50,000 for cancer research along with Thomas Jefferson through Jimmy V foundation over the last 8 or 9 years. LCS also has college prep curriculum where almost 100% of students are accepted to college. And you guys hate them because of basketball?
No hate ,just don't approve of their advantage of no real boundaries in which falt falls on the state legislators & the NCHSAA....

Last edited:
LOL , you can't handle the truth ! ! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hey,
How about you give them braves a call and come on up to the Rez and see what’s up. We will be waiting. Seems like you were the pretender this year we never once said we were going to win state. We just a reall 1a team with multi sport kids who play everything just so we can field other sports. Continue your special rules and advantages and boast about getting 2 rounds farther . Heck we played our first game dec 20. You been playing for 3 months 5 extra games and all that

Honestly, if you can't beat CSD, come on!! Was
No hate ,just don't approve of their advantage of no real boundaries which falls on the state legislators & the NCHSAA....

Well then stop bashing them if that's your stance. And there are boundaries set up by the state and guidelines on how a student gets intoLCS.

Hey,

Honestly, if you can't beat CSD, come on!! Was

Well then stop bashing them if that's your stance. And there are boundaries set up by the state and guidelines on how a student gets intoLCS.
I have not bashed them. I have only posted facts on their advantages.The biggest facts are on the schools website basicly looking like a college recruiting page showing all the area/counties it recruits from. Forsyth is not on there but I would bet if a 6'8" player wanted to come there LC would take them if good enough.
I have posted my case and I am done. Have a good recruiting year if you over recruit send them toward Surry Co. :) Joking !

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerDen1
I have not bashed them. I have only posted facts on their advantages.The biggest facts are on the schools website basicly looking like a college recruiting page showing all the area/counties it recruits from. Forsyth is not on there but I would bet if a 6'8" player wanted to come there LC would take them if good enough.
I have posted my case and I am done. Have a good recruiting year if you over recruit send them toward Surry Co. :) Joking !
No, LCS had a 7' 1" kid from Lincolnton a couple years ago that applied but didn't get in. He did play at Lincolnton with Surratt who transferred from E Lincoln his senior year. Acceptance is based on lottery & they don't let any kids in over anyone else

No, LCS had a 7' 1" kid from Lincolnton a couple years ago that applied but didn't get in. He did play at Lincolnton with Surratt who transferred from E Lincoln his senior year. Acceptance is based on lottery & they don't let any kids in over anyone else
One question,is it a state controlled or school controlled lottery ?

Reactions: BK13T-$
One question,is it a state controlled or school controlled lottery ?
Thought you were done. It is controlled by state which if you did your research you would know that. If any Charter doesn't follow state guidelines they are subject to being closed. Some charters are easier to get into because waiting list not that long. However, LCS is very difficult to get in because of waiting list so long. My kids were on waiting list three years before getting in. If you would take the time to understand how charters work you wouldn't bash them half as bad or think like you do. Just because you have bigger boundaries doesn't mean coaches and administrators are recruiting athletes. They aren't. But I'm done also. LCS baseball team beat Cherryville last night in a great win for the program. On to baseball now. Go LCS

Right......
U.A. had 10 wrestlers qualify for state. That doesnt happen ain 1a for a 2nd yr school.

Last edited:
first off great thread let me start out by saying im neither a fan of wsp or lch. but i want to clear some things up. wsp doesnt recruit they have open enrollment which means that they can choose three schools in middle and then they are placed based off of wants. moving on, as i stated in an ealier post wsp is benefiting from being on the east and southside part of winston salem. thats where most of your superior talent has come from forever. the only state champion in football is carver in winston since 2010 and parkland another all black school. basketball sucess has only been at prep please let me know when another school in winston has won a state championship other than rjr in early 2000. prep benefits from being on the right side of town where most superior athletes happen to be black face it. and this is why the have great success. has nothing to do with anyhing else the team which prep has all those kids have been since the 9th grade. if you follow prep basketball you will know that their jv team wasnt very good but they are tall as crap they are just gonna keep reloading these kids walk to prep because they are from the neigborhood within 2 miles. chaz zach and these other tall jv kids will be tough again next year then when they graduate those same not so good jv kids will be dominate.

onto saturdays game which i was at lch came out pregame as if they they forgot they had a game to play. they were dunking throwing alleyhoops almost like they were syking themselves out of the task at hand. all this lch talk is worthless youve won 1 state championship prep has been to finals in 6 out of last 7 years. that is success lch is not prep wont ever be becuse winston is a basketball town not football and you can recruit 25 miles all over it wont matter when ou get kids who are hungry and have been playing together for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT