ADVERTISEMENT

Might As Well Start It Now.. It's Coming,Always Does !

Status
Not open for further replies.

FridayNiteLights1217

Silver Member
Oct 2, 2007
Top-seeded W-S Prep boys to meet defending NCHSAA Class 1-A champion Lincoln Charter in regional final. Should be a good game but unfair to the traditional schools that do not have this advantage of the non-boundary schools or the Charter and private left behind.

Should be interesting,2 schools both without boundaries ...

Seems this year is an off year for non-boundary schools, especially in the girls games.
Look for them to reload next year.

Last edited:
Top-seeded W-S Prep boys to meet defending NCHSAA Class 1-A champion Lincoln Charter in regional final.

Should be interesting,2 schools both without boundaries ...

Seems this year is an off year for non-boundary schools, especially in the girls games.
Look for them to reload next year.

"Without boundaries". What does that mean. Need to do your research and find out what charters mean. All of those kids on LCS team has been there since middle school and most live within 5-7 mins from the school. LCS cannot accept any kid from a boundary of 25 miles of Denver campus. Which is set up by the state. Can't speak for anyone else though. Good way to try and stir the pot seeing everyone's moves to baseball or football.

"Without boundaries". What does that mean. Need to do your research and find out what charters mean. All of those kids on LCS team has been there since middle school and most live within 5-7 mins from the school. LCS cannot accept any kid from a boundary of 25 miles of Denver campus. Which is set up by the state. Can't speak for anyone else though. Good way to try and stir the pot seeing everyone's moves to baseball or football.
Depending on where you are in the state, twenty-five miles can include hundreds of thousands of people. For perspective, Thomasville, a 2-A school, draws from a community of roughly 12,000.
Just sayin'.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Most schools districts won't cover 5 miles corner to corner. 25 would include a whole county. I could put together an awesome team out of county all stars. Just saying

"Without boundaries". What does that mean. Need to do your research and find out what charters mean. All of those kids on LCS team has been there since middle school and most live within 5-7 mins from the school. LCS cannot accept any kid from a boundary of 25 miles of Denver campus. Which is set up by the state.

Please list the home district school for the LCS starters?

Do you realize that with a 25 mile boundary from the school, that gives an area of app. 1963.5 square miles. This is larger than any county in the state by over 50%. Sounds about right for a 1A school.

We hear this every year. Honestly its old. Same arguement year in year out. Catholic, WS Prep, Lincoln Charter are here to stay. Stop complaining and have your teams prepare better, get stronger, get faster and compete. Smh.

I've watched small, rural, community teams like Trinity in basketball, west rowan in football dominate the state. It can be done.

We hear this every year. Honestly its old. Same arguement year in year out. Catholic, WS Prep, Lincoln Charter are here to stay. Stop complaining and have your teams prepare better, get stronger, get faster and compete. Smh.

I've watched small, rural, community teams like Trinity in basketball, west rowan in football dominate the state. It can be done.

You use a 2A/3A school and a 3A football team in the subdivided playoff system as a comparison to the situation with 1A schools. Watch LCS and WS Prep play today. Not many 1A schools can stack a roster like that.

I have no issue with charters or an urban magnet but do not think they fit in 1A sports.

Do the charter and private schools have a limit to how many non-regular season or pre or post season games they can play that are not on their schedule or can they just play all they want and get more prepared for next season than triditional schools ?

Do the charter and private schools have a limit to how many non-regular season or pre or post season games they can play that are not on their schedule or can they just play all they want and get more prepared for next season than triditional schools ?

NCHSAA has a set number of games allowed for all schools. I think it is 24 then the playoffs.

Most players play on AAU / travel teams in the off season.

Go here and scroll down. I may just misunderstand what is going on.
https://twitter.com/BMCHSOKC Not looking to stir the pot, just wandering what this is . Looks as though a tournament is still going on and ??? 5A . Is this a different Bishop McGuinness then our 1A

Go here and scroll down. I may just misunderstand what is going on.
https://twitter.com/BMCHSOKC Not looking to stir the pot, just wandering what this is . Looks as though a tournament is still going on and ??? 5A . Is this a different Bishop McGuinness then our 1A
OK, SORRY ,after some research it is not the one in our NWC 1A. Don't know where I got this 2nd Bishop.I have it blocked now.

Last edited:
Reactions: sbbbfan
From the outcome may be Lincoln Charter should do as they tell everybody else. Work harder. Teams in the NWC gave prep a better game than Lincoln charter

Depending on where you are in the state, twenty-five miles can include hundreds of thousands of people. For perspective, Thomasville, a 2-A school, draws from a community of roughly 12,000.
Just sayin'.

Thomasville has 3 different high schools in the city limits. The 2 other schools have around 1000 kids, tville borderline 1a with around 700 kids.

From the outcome may be Lincoln Charter should do as they tell everybody else. Work harder. Teams in the NWC gave prep a better game than Lincoln charter

South Stokes finished 2nd and beat Starmount by 1 in OT. Lincoln Charter beat starmount by 60. What is your point. Lincoln Charter played their worst game of career tonight. Can't judge them on that. And LCS does and will work harder and will be back. Their middle school team and JV teams were undefeated. But I'm sure they will just go out and recruit their next crop of stud athletes who want to play 1A basketball. Also, the refs tonight were as bad as it gets. WSP shot 41 FTs and LCS shot 12. Need I say more. LCS will be back.

South Stokes finished 2nd and beat Starmount by 1 in OT. Lincoln Charter beat starmount by 60. What is your point. Lincoln Charter played their worst game of career tonight. Can't judge them on that. And LCS does and will work harder and will be back. Their middle school team and JV teams were undefeated. But I'm sure they will just go out and recruit their next crop of stud athletes who want to play 1A basketball. Also, the refs tonight were as bad as it gets. WSP shot 41 FTs and LCS shot 12. Need I say more. LCS will be back.

So let’s see, you say they will “recruit their next crop of stud athletes “. Do you have any proof? Or could it be that they play by the same advantageous rules you do and “work harder”? Really this cracks me up. This
is comical to hear a school that has a tremendous, legal advantage over traditional schools complain about another school that does it better with the same advantages.

I am not a fan of either school, but the officiating was terrible and WSPA benefited from a high majority of the calls.

So let’s see, you say they will “recruit their next crop of stud athletes “. Do you have any proof? Or could it be that they play by the same advantageous rules you do and “work harder”? Really this cracks me up. This
is comical to hear a school that has a tremendous, legal advantage over traditional schools complain about another school that does it better with the same advantages.

Not sure what you are asking here as I'm sure, you being bright and all, you could tell I was joking when I said they will go recruit their next studs. And I was speaking of LCS, again you being bright and all I'm sure you knew that. On to next season. Proud of LCS their players coaches and community.

Not sure what you are asking here as I'm sure, you being bright and all, you could tell I was joking when I said they will go recruit their next studs. And I was speaking of LCS, again you being bright and all I'm sure you knew that. On to next season. Proud of LCS their players coaches and community.

See as how the area for players eligible to attend LCs is over twice as large as any county in this state, should that not be communities?

Thomasville has 3 different high schools in the city limits. The 2 other schools have around 1000 kids, tville borderline 1a with around 700 kids.
That is true. The city has over 27,000 residents, but only about 12,000 live in the Thomasville City Schools LEA district. The rest attend East Davidson or Ledford. East is actually inside the city limits. Ledford is not.

Reactions: Champ_24 and btango
What 3 high schools are in Thomasville city limits?
Thomasville High School and East Davidson are in the city limits. Ledford is not, though many of its students live in the city limits.
Additionally, East Davidson feeder schools Brown Middle and Pilot Elementary and Fair Grove Elementary are inside the corporate limits.

They can only play 24. Last season LCS played 25 because they played 4 games in holiday tournament that they thought was 3 game deal. State them made them forfeit last regular season game because of 24 game limit. This year after state realignment they only had 6 team conference. Out of conference games included Cox Mill & Independence (which are both playing in state championship next week) Carmel Christian (won their private state championship) Butler, last year state champs SW Guilford & Burlington School, East Rutherford, Comenius etc. I will say their players play high level travel ball to get better but not together. Kody Shubert played for Team Charlotte the last 3 years, Jackson Gabriel Team Loaded last year, others played at Pro Skills etc, so they DO play all they want to get better but not together all Spring & Summer. These guys have worked their butts off to get where they are.

Did you see the game? LCS played their worst game of the year but was still 2 pt game at half. Then officials took over. They let them play in first half with 5 fouls called on each team. With less than 6 minutes gone in 3rd qtr they called 4 fouls on Shubert alone. He had none at halftime. One was trying to draw charge but other 3 were touch fouls, far less than any call in first half. Not only foul calls either. One possession in second half, WSP player clearly double dribbled but no call. Later in same possession ball goes out of bounds. Questionable call gives it to WSP. Technical foul call on LCS player on his reaction to call. BS that officials become big part of championship games or any game for that matter. Free throw count was officially 39-13. One player for WSP shot more FT's than LCS team. And Gabriel goes down & out with ankle injury early in 2nd half. As far as your above comment about working harder, LCS non conference games this year...Cox Mill, Independence, Butler, Carmel Christian, SW Guilford, Burlington School, Comenius twice, Concord First Assy, East Rutherford, etc.Your above comment is a joke. When teams in NWC start scheduling out of conference games like LCS & WSP do maybe they'll get better.

rough year for LCS - didn’t get POY in conference....didn’t get COY in conference...and the one game they worked for all year, they get rolled...O well, always next year!

rough year for LCS - didn’t get POY in conference....didn’t get COY in conference...and the one game they worked for all year, they get rolled...O well, always next year!

You are right it was a rough year for the standards they have set. They won 26 games, Conference, Conference Tournament, play in Regional for 4th straight year and its considered a down year. Can your team say the same thing? And yes, on to next season where they have 2 starters back and a JV team that only lost 2 games and won conference, and a middle school team that hasn't lost in 4 years....Yes, on to next year. Cant wait to watch them in the Regional again.
Yea, and its sad that grown men can gang up on kids just to prove a point. LCS had 7 guys better than the next best guy in their conference on their team. But I see the hate, from grown people, on a daily basis here so I'm not surprise if that happened.

Reactions: MDS80
nobody has “ganged up” on kids...I think you were the same one a few weeks ago commenting about your team getting the recognition it deserved from your conference...you have a good team/program...no one disputes that...and the way you throw out info makes me think you’re either a parent or a coach& I sure hope it’s not the latter on a message board ranting

nobody has “ganged up” on kids...I think you were the same one a few weeks ago commenting about your team not getting the recognition it deserved from your conference...you have a good team/program...no one disputes that...and the way you throw out info makes me think you’re either a parent or a coach& I sure hope it’s not the latter on a message board ranting

Yeah a 6 team conference they went 10-0 in winning games by 30-50 pts & starters playing less than half the game & running clock. Haters gonna hate. POY to player from 5th place team that played 30 minutes a game. Voted on by coaches who lost by 30-50 pts. School doesn't choose the conference they play in or classification either. Sad that grown men take it out on kids that work for what they have achieved. Kody Shubert was POY last two years when conference was much better before realignment & had about the same numbers playing less minutes. And he's as good of a young man as he is basketball player. Coach Gabriel's schedule was one of the toughest in the state & they lose 5 games. One to a team that has already won a state championship & three teams playing for a state championship next week.Like I said, haters gonna hate. As for "getting rolled" you obviously weren't there. See my post above

Congrats on a good season...you think beating those schools by what I guess equals the mercy rule every time had anything to do with the “non-selections?” apparently your conference does not prepare you for playoff runs that will put you in the title game consistently.....other than your title last year, maybe your team is just destined to be a regional team and no further...it’s a thought....you played a top tier schedule but still lost the one game that meant the most....

Congrats on a good season...you think beating those schools by what I guess equals the mercy rule every time had anything to do with the “non-selections?” apparently your conference does not prepare you for playoff runs that will put you in the title game consistently.....other than your title last year, maybe your team is just destined to be a regional team and no further...it’s a thought....you played a top tier schedule but still lost the one game that meant the most....
Like I said, schools don't pick the conference they play in. It absolutely had something to do with it. We took it easy on them. If we kept our starters in the whole game do you think they would have seen it differently? We would have won by 50-60 but our players would have padded their stats. We had 15 players on roster & subs played second half of most conference games. As to your "thought" about LCS "good season", most schools would love to have their results. This years senior class won 109 games, played in 3 final fours, a final 8 & won one state championship. Nobody was complaining about LCS before them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT