ADVERTISEMENT

Mideastern Conference predictions

Didn't catch any games Friday night (went to South Columbus , but got rained out and was busy Saturday). New Hanover seemed to roll in their first game, but heard Hoke didn't help themselves with turnovers. New Hanover took advantage of their mistakes and that is what you are suppose to do. Good win for the Wildcats. Wallace flexed their muscle against Laney and heard that Watkins was held in check for most of the night. If Laney can't run the ball, they are in trouble. I expect Watkins and the Bucs to get it rolling. Ashley seemed to put up a fight (which I thought would happen with Turner), but came up short against White Oak ( I have no idea what White Oak has). Hoggard won, but heard it was played in a down pour ... Port City could probably add more to this on how the Vikings played. Topsail (hotterhand's sleeper) got a big win over Trask, but it's Trask. West Brunswick looked good according to a buddy of mine. He said the defense played really well and gave a big play for a TD, but played stout the rest of the night. South Brunswick put up a lot of points against West Columbus, but gave up a lot too. If the Cougars can't stop anybody, it's going to be a long year.

Hoggard played well and played sloppy. Sasser had and int on hoggards opening poss with a bad pass deep in Hoggard terr but defense stuffed them and HS made a 40 FG. However Sasser finished 5-6 with a great TD pass. Hoggard offense ran it and passed it but also had a few costly penalties and fumbles. HS ran 2nd half kickoff back for TD. The defense gave up 3-4 plays but outside of that they shut them down. I would say HS had mahout 125total offensive yards. It poured most of the game and the field was slippery. I was disappointed with the score but under the conditions this is the kind of game where lesser teams can pull out an upset so Hoggard should take the win and get ready for a much tougher test this week. Hoggard will need allegret back, he did not play against HS. I also think they need to get Louthan more involved. He is a weapon that needs to be used. I would also like to see the other big TE more involved at other positions. Morrison is an option at TE but would like to see him play on the defense line some. He can really move well and is big. Hoggard will probably be 12 point underdogs and will need to improve this week and sure up a few things to pull off the upset. Should be fun.

Hoggard and New Hanover JV are playing Thursday Night at Legion Stadium. Both teams were open this week and needed a game. What better way for the JV's to start the season. They will still play at Hoggard for the conference game.

Hoggard and New Hanover JV are playing Thursday Night at Legion Stadium. Both teams were open this week and needed a game. What better way for the JV's to start the season. They will still play at Hoggard for the conference game.
Hoggard JV have looked strong. I am glad both teams will be able to play.

I know Hoggard JV scrimmaged at New Bern. NH JV did not have a scrimmage. I know they are ready to hit someone else. Glad both teams get another week of experience in .

Two teams that lost a ton! NB has shown they can reload quickly but I don't see them being a top team this year. Coaches from NB have stated they will be way down. What does that mean for NB? I don't know, maybe they mean from a state contender to a top 10 team. Hoggard doesn't usually show much in scrimmages including the Jamboree. Hoggard will prob be working the O line with running plays. Where O line is NH strength it is Hoggards biggest concern. Last year Hughes did most of the damage in the scrimmage and Kandare (FB) did most of the damage for Hoggard. Hughes went on to have an All state season and Kandare carried the ball 7 times the entire season. Hoggard def should be good and NB lost a lot of lineman and of course Hughes. As bad as Hughes burned us last season, no one else did anything against us. NB lost 9 of their top 10 tacklers from their great def last season. I see a low scoring scrimmage with both teams working on plays for a lot of young players.

When you have a guy putting up 250 rushing yards and 6 TD's at half, you don't need anyone else.

In regards to this year, NB showed on Friday that they are here to contend this year. Coach Curlings feels pretty good about the pieces he has. QB had a long run entering Hillside territory before a questionable fumble ended the game. Looking forward to watching these young men grow each week.

Can't wait for the Hoggard-Hanover game next month.

When you have a guy putting up 250 rushing yards and 6 TD's at half, you don't need anyone else.

I agree.
My point was, NB probably doesn't win it all without him and now he is gone as is most of a very good defense. NB will always be a strong team but I don't see them as good as last season. Now, they may not need to be as good, we will see.
Where did this big QB come from?

Well they obviously won't be as good. They lost about 85% of their starters. Thought this would be a down year but really like what I saw out of these guys. Luckily they won't see a RB duo like Hillsides again in regular season. Saw a ton of good things against one of the biggest teams in the state.

QB was born here. Went to middle school here then moved to FL for a couple years and wanted to come back and be a Bear.

Well they obviously won't be as good. They lost about 85% of their starters.

That's all I was saying. Nothing more nothing less.

QB was born here. Went to middle school here then moved to FL for a couple years and wanted to come back and be a Bear.
Thanks. Sounds like he has the ability to be a difference maker. That can make a big difference in this years team.

Thanks. Sounds like he has the ability to be a difference maker. That can make a big difference in this years team.

He was extremely poised against a physical and very talented Hillside team. Kid is going to be something else come conference time. I pulled up to the stadium not really knowing what to expect this year but left the stadium feeling extremely optimistic. Kids have a real chance of doing some damage come November.

TRoy
What games do u have Hoggard and NH losing?

I think Hoggard loses to 71st and either Char. Christian (loonnnnng bus ride) or Clinton, but not both.

NH loses to Havelock and Scotland, and then Hoggard (homer pick LOL)

We know what to expect when it comes to Jim Bob. Gotta win the line of scrimmage, plain and simple. Hopefully we can put some pressure on this new QB and rattle him a bit.

We know what to expect when it comes to Jim Bob. Gotta win the line of scrimmage, plain and simple. Hopefully we can put some pressure on this new QB and rattle him a bit.
What's the d-line supposed to be like? Have to be be able to run and control the clock against them to have a shot.

If you want to see a future NFL WR, head out to Laney to watch Cornell Powell play against the Bucs. He is the real deal.

I don't watch their games and going by your username I would think you know a little about him, what's up?

Havelock coming to legion stadium to show everyone in attendance what a championship contender looks like this year. No other MEC games look that interesting unless Hoggard lays an egg which this season is possible.

My prediction is a 7 point game either way with Havelock and NH. NH has to establish the running game to keep it close. These 42-14 predictions aren't realistic.

They actually are, to be honest. I'd be surprised if Hanover kept it under 3 scores. Havelock's O line and running back will do some damage tonight.

Your fired!! I tried to tell everyone about Havelock.
Hot,
I defer to your expertise. They are the real deal. Offensively and defense. Can't fumble the opening kickoff and hope to compete with havelock. If Crest is better I want to see it.
Now we get ready for Scotland County in 2 weeks

wildcat, I meant no harm in my statement. I'm just disappointed in how weak the 4A teams in this conference really are and the 3A teams hold the torch this year for any playoff success. On the bright side, it's gonna make it a year of some really tight games throughout the conference.

Havelock coming to legion stadium to show everyone in attendance what a championship contender looks like this year. No other MEC games look that interesting unless Hoggard lays an egg which this season is possible.
Vikes experience mediocrity this season. Cluck Cluck and there's your egg.

Hot
New Hanovers season still looks bright. Should be favored to beat Hoggard. Win against Scotland go 10-0 and have home field advantage for playoffs. Lose to Scotlang go 9-1 and have 2 plus home playoff games. Weak conference means it should be the Vikes-Cats game for the conference. I don't like the split conferences. What 3A teams do you think hold the torch. I thought maybe West but they are struggling. Topsail? South? That's all of them.

Hot
New Hanovers season still looks bright. Should be favored to beat Hoggard. Win against Scotland go 10-0 and have home field advantage for playoffs. Lose to Scotlang go 9-1 and have 2 plus home playoff games. Weak conference means it should be the Vikes-Cats game for the conference. I don't like the split conferences. What 3A teams do you think hold the torch. I thought maybe West but they are struggling. Topsail? South? That's all of them.

If NH and Hoggard played this week I would give the advantage to the Wildcats. Hoggard hasn't played great and they are going thru some growing pains. They are 2 bad calls away from being 3-0 even with the shaky play. The 3 big losses on D has really showed in their lack of team speed. Hoggard has also played each game with at least 4 starters out with injuries and they aren't a very deep team. This team can and will get healthy and better.

Port,
You posted elsewhere down 3 starters on defense. I know the transfer. What positions are the other 2?

Port,
You posted elsewhere down 3 starters on defense. I know the transfer. What positions are the other 2?
We have 2 DL. One has yet to suit up and the other has only played a few plays. Last week Hoggards best corner didn't play either. The Andrews loss hurts the most because of his speed. He covered so much ground in the middle of the field on pass plays and he was a ball hawk. The 3 starting LBs are doing a great job we just aren't as fast.

Could be an 0-7 record for the conference this week, it's looking like any playoff team from the Mideastern will not make it past the second round of the playoffs. Hopefully conference play will strengthen the teams.

Trouble is there isn't much strength in the conference. Records will get better but it won't help get ready for the playoffs. The conference is probably the weakest ever.

Hot

I can't figure this post out, was this guy serious or was he just being sarcastic? I mean did he think that New Hanover had a prayer against Havlock or Scotland?

I can't figure this post out, was this guy serious or was he just being sarcastic? I mean did he think that New Hanover had a prayer against Havlock or Scotland?
This was posted after the havelock loss. Every one has a chance to win. Just ask jack Britt. It would have been nice to beat Scotland tonite but since we didn't we can hopefully win out and go the playoffs 9-1 as I stated. Hope the team doesn't have your attitude That they will be handed the state championship or they will never achieve it. New Hanover has played 2 of the best teams in the state in successive games and come playoff time it can only help them. Very few teams in the state can duplicate the talent level we have seen the last 2 weeks.
Good luck the rest of the season.

Congrats to Ashley on their win last night. Coach Turner will turn this program around.

Scotswin
Nice to meet you last night. Scotland is the real deal. Should be favorite to win it all. Just make sure they don't get SCHS's overconfidence.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT