Trask @ Topsail

I will go with
Hoggard
NH
WRH
AHS
SB
Topsail

After watching the Jamboree last Friday, I think will take a crack at this ...

Hoggard @ Holly Springs -
Bad news for Hoggard is that defense has lost a lot, but showed moments of Hoggard defenses of the past. Good News is that Hoggard has a lot of weapons on offense and Holly Springs has lost quite a bit. Holly Springs is well coached and will be ready. Hoggard

Hoke @ NH -
Hoke county a some nice looking kids, but lost their coach right before the summer and I'm interested in the transition. New Hanover is not what they were a year ago, but have a very experienced defense and very good skill players. New Hanover

WRH @ Laney -
Wallace lost a lot from a State championship team, but looked like they reloaded against New Hanover. Laney looked good against Whiteville, but they are not playing Whiteville this week. Wallace crushed Laney last year and see another defeat this year for the Bucs. Wallace - Rose Hill

Ashley @ White Oak -
A lot of people were impressed how Ashley played in the Jamboree Friday, BUT it was South Brunswick. I did like what Ashley did on offense and they have a QB that is somewhat of a dual threat. Ashley's defense is going to be strong under Turner. White Oak runs the triple option and could pose a problem with the backs they have. it was close last year and expect it to be close this year. Ashley

W. Columbus @ S. Brunswick -
South Brunswick has a new coach, but I don't know if it's going to mean anymore wins. They are huge on the offensive front and they have a good running back. The Cougars didn't show a whole lot and Ashley pretty much kept them in check. West Columbus has a athletic QB and it appears that is all they really have on offense. West Bladen had little trouble with them in their scrimmage. Not real sure who has the advantage in this one ... Pure pick'em. West Columbus

Trask @ Topsail -
Topsail is returning some keys players from last year's team, but lost a couple of linemen that were opening up holes for the backs. Trask has a lot of Seniors back, but not enough weapons. Topsail

Hoggard 34 Holly Springs 27
New Hanover 41 Hoke County 20
WRH 26 Laney 14
Ashley 32 White Oak 29
S Brunswick 28 West Columbus 18
Topsail 32 Trask 12

WRH wore down Laney and won 28-13.
Hoggard gave up 375 rushing to one guy. Gonna be a long season for Hoggard.

Hoggard @ Holly Springs- Very disappointed in the Viking run defense. This program has been solid on defense for the past 10 years and especially against the run. Hoggard looked weak against WB and even worse against HS. This is big trouble for Hoggard. They better fix it quick, 71st will gladly run for 500 if they can.
Hoke @ NH- NH looked to have their hands full before pulling away at the end. Wiz is a great play maker and is their biggest threat out of the backfield. NH put Hoke away at the end and is defiantly the best team in the conf at this point.
WRH @ Laney- Laney run defense was impressive as was WRH. Both teams struggle to throw the ball and both teams brought both safeties up to stop the run. WRH made great adjustments at half and really took it to Laney in the 2nd half. Laney defense was gassed at the end. Laney will have to throw the ball better if they are going to win against good teams.
Ashley @ White Oak- What a disappointment. This game has been cancelled. Too bad for the players, AHS had a great chance to win this game which they may need this win to get into the playoffs this year.
W. Columbus @ S. Brunswick- Great win for SB and new coach Rocky Lewis. This team needed a win and they got behind a great rushing attack.
Trask @ Topsail- Huge loss for Topsail. This is not good for a team that has to play four 4A school in conf.
Overall the conf is weak this year. No team looked great. Lets see how much improvement each team makes this week.

I wouldn't be too hard on yourself Trench because not one person can come on here and predict what a team might look like now versus later in the season. Hoggard has problems on defense but are more than likely to figure it out and improved. New Hanover always has the athletes and those 2 QB's they are platooning are very serviceable. We haven't mentioned West Brunswick yet and it looks like Bubba might run for 1500+ yards this season. Ashley is yet to be determined. Laney shows no improvement. South Brunswick beat a weak 1A school. Topsail has serious OL issues. Bring on week 2!!

Reactions: portcity FB
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT