ADVERTISEMENT

MaxPreps 4A Top 25 Predictions Week 9

mrhonda

Nov 12, 2012
Last week I went 18-3 for the predictions. For the year I'm at 130-18-1. This week we have three games between teams that are in the Top 25. Those predictions are in bold. The predictions are below.

1. Richmond 42 Hoke County 6

2. Mallard Creek 47 Hopewell 6

3. West Forsyth 49 Davie County 20

4. Myers Park 42 (14) Hickory Ridge 14

5. Vance 30 West Charlotte 0

6. East Forsyth 28 (25) Glenn 7

7. Leesville Road 40 Broughton 7

8. Cardinal Gibbons 49 Millbrook 13

9. Scotland 37 Seventy-First 16

10. Butler 35 Independence 20

11. Wake Forest 42 Corinth Holders 14

12. Grimsley 49 Northwest Guilford 20

13. Reagan 44 R.J. Reynolds 17

15. Rolesville 31 Knightdale 21

16. Jack Britt 35 Purnell Swett 7

17. Pinecrest 49 Lumberton 10

18. Ardrey Kell 37 Olympic 21

19. Hough 40 North Mecklenburg 19

20. New Bern 38 Eastern Wayne (3A) 13

24. Mooresville 21 (21) Lake Norman 17

22. South View 35 E.E. Smith 13

23. Holly Springs 28 Middle Creek 20

How many games within 4 pts of the spread? Week 7 MaxPreps predicted EF by 21 over Grimsley. They won by 1, but I wouldn't consider that picking a winner.

So let's take a look at this.. Mooresville loses with a running clock to WF 49-7, Mooresville loses to Vance in overtime 20-14, West Forsyth barely beats EF. WF loses to Davie County, Davie county beats mooresville in overtime. So what does all this means????

It means any given day anybody can lose to anybody.

So let's take a look at this.. Mooresville loses with a running clock to WF 49-7, Mooresville loses to Vance in overtime 20-14, West Forsyth barely beats EF. WF loses to Davie County, Davie county beats mooresville in overtime. So what does all this means????

It means any given day anybody can lose to anybody.

Means West Forsyth cant tackle. If EF stays healthy last week West is now on a two game losing streak

Means West Forsyth cant tackle. If EF stays healthy last week West is now on a two game losing streak

Not sweating it because we're still good but definitely agree last week would have been different without the injuries. Can't do nothing about it though. Big one tomorrow.

Is WF his squad?
He was prancing around throwing WF in everybody's face. Every team has a bad game ours was mooresville n we found a way 2 win. A team like WF gotta find some way to win these games when u play a team ur better than and they step it up and play on ur level.

Reactions: nepsy7
He was prancing around throwing WF in everybody's face. Every team has a bad game ours was mooresville n we found a way 2 win. A team like WF gotta find some way to win these games when u play a team ur better than and they step it up and play on ur level.

Warhead nailed it. Last week was the super bowl for west. Hard to come back and match that intensity. Have to think they had a huge letdown. Davie probably approached west like west approached east last week. Hard to be the hunted.

Reactions: 704CougarsDad
Sorry, my phone died lol. West scored a TD with 5 seconds left to make it 34-37. West recovered the onside with two secs left but got pressured and the pass fell near nobody.

They don't want any of the teams in Charlotte or Richmond that's for sure. 2nd round exit. No defense no chance!

Davie has done this so many times to West in my lifetime it no longer surprises me. East Forsyth now in position to force a tie for conference champ if they take care of business.

They don't want any of the teams in Charlotte or Richmond that's for sure. 2nd round exit. No defense no chance!

Either you can tackle or you cant. If the offense is struggling you can scheme differently or make adjustments to who is getting touches....its fixable in some cases. If you cant tackle by Halloween......Its over.

Tackling is about wanting to a lot of the times. You are right if they can't do it now good luck getting it fixed. Go shoot hoops.

Last week West Forsyth was world beaters. Dude saying they could beat my Raiders by 2 TDS. This week carrying a big L back home.

Reactions: Ben-Badd
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT